ONE PIECE, CHAPTER 1109: TERMINATION

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Honestly people shit on him but I am really curious what Kizaru will do for the next 10 minutes. I assume AFTER the message he'll possibly betray the WG, but before this is the real question. He isnt knocked out and clearly is conflicted.

To me he's still the most interesting character this arc because we dont really know how he truly feels about everything and what his mindset is currently.

Regardless if he actually starts trying to fight or just keeps this weak charade up until the message releases, I do think he's betraying them and possibly dying this arc. Like VP, i feel like his relevancy should technically end here for the most part.

Sure Luffy wasn't the biggest factor in the cause of the Marineford War, but Ace is Luffy's brother so he had to be involved in that event somehow. Luffy was the decisive factor in the Impel Down escape, which BB needed to qmo up his crew to enact anything else.

Shanks vs Kidd was only possible because Luffy carried Kidd's ass in Wano.

Blackbeard having 3 Poneglyphs was only possible thanks to Luffy's victory in Wano, and his underling Robin making copies for Law and Kidd, which were stolen by Shanks and BB soon after.

Honestly what was so huge about Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral? He hasn't done shit, only sitting behind his desk the entire Timeskip.

Most of these situations needed Luffy as a catalyst to even happen, and most of the other things are rather insignificant in comparison, and are usually waiting for Luffy to do something to actually make any impactful moves.
If you are going to say that everything else doesn't matter, what is the point?
Saying that the marine is lead by a blood thirty evil ruler instead of a more equilibrated one is irrelevant for you.
I assume the reverie was also irrelevant to you, where the gorosei and Imu got exposed.

On top of this, are you complaining that Luffy has an impact to the world? Would you want him to become Pirate king through irrelevant actions? I am not sure I follow.
Blackbeard is using Luffy, and has since the dawn of One Piece.

I think G5 stamina lets him down and he couldn't put Kizaru down for good before running out of G5, without that drawback I'd agree
he did put down kizaru before his time limit. all it take just one hit. that's how easy for him to put kizaru down. kaido get punched like hundred times by luffy and always get up on the next panel to deliver more harder payback. kizaru is getting pizza diffed despite he fight alongside saturn who arguably as strong as him.
that's the point of summoning all gorosei here on this chapter. kizaru and saturn are not enough to handle the situation which is nika come as the biggest obstacle to the completion of the mission.

you guys argued whether luffy can take down kizaru and here we are oda add the odds very high by sent another 4 gorosei against him, but luffy as ussual race against time and protagonist just like in every arc. so it's so typical.

Last edited:
Yeah, like the biggest events in the world have not been Marineford, orchestrated by BB, pushed by Sengoku and involving WBs where Luffy is basically an afterthought.
Or Akainu vs Aokiji.
Or BB having 3 Poigne Gliffe.
Or Shanks vs Kidd.

For being a shonen, One Piece is one of the few where NOT EVERYTHING is about Luffy.
Hell, WCI was about Vinsmokes and BM.
But sure, go ahead and push this fake narrative.
  • We don't know if BB has a 3rd Poneglyph
  • Shanks and kid was one chapter
  • Aokiji Vs Akainu was one panel.
And the marineford Saga (Amazon lily, impel down, Marineford) was pure Luffy piece. Just because stronger characters made appearances he still:

• Caused BB crew to escape prison
  • Was the one to free ace (In the arc about freeing ace)
  • Lost ace (climax)
  • More action bar WB and Akainu

Why is anyone surprised?

Every single major arc in OP has the exact same formula to a tee:

1) Reaching island and splitting up due to some unexpected circumstances.
2) Wandering around meeting the major (good) support characters of the arc.
3) Learning about a huge problem and the villains associated with it.
4) First encounter with the villains which doesn't go as planned.
5) Tragic flashback tied to one of the major support characters.
6) Round two against the bad guys and some time bomb feat is revealed (bomb in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, sun rising in Thriller Bark, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in Dressrosa, cake getting ready at WCI, Onigashima falling in Wano).
7) Solving the time bomb situation and win against the bad guys (most of the time defeating them, sometimes just escaping).
8) Banquet and leave.

It's the exact same thing here at Egghead.

We're at step 6 right now.

That's why I always chuckle when guys talk about OP like it's some Shakespearian masterclass.

I love the manga and its worldbuilding, but in terms of writing it's really just a very standard shonen (nothing wrong with that though).

:milaugh:

Honestly people shit on him but I am really curious what Kizaru will do for the next 10 minutes. I assume AFTER the message he'll possibly betray the WG, but before this is the real question. He isnt knocked out and clearly is conflicted.

To me he's still the most interesting character this arc because we dont really know how he truly feels about everything and what his mindset is currently.

Regardless if he actually starts trying to fight or just keeps this weak charade up until the message releases, I do think he's betraying them and possibly dying this arc. Like VP, i feel like his relevancy should technically end here for the most part.
I’ve had a gut feel for months that he was somehow going to die by Saturns hands, which seems increasingly plausible…

Best part about this mid chapter i'm not buying for one single second Loda is capable of going through with the bs he is baiting us with
The summoning is getting interrupted even if they arrive the strawhats will successfully escape and all of this will amount to nothing but fake hype not falling for it Loda
It's another 1/5 for me :endthis:

How boring to wait 10 minutes for them to tell, surely it will be that VP Shaka takes off his helmet and starts telling about his life:zosleepy:

better give me more episodes of Zoro:zosmug:

After this chapter is all over boys

my goodness :shame:

im and papazuki are the only last hope for marines and wg

at least they will have 1 yonko level ex admiral and 1 chief who is as strong as GOD CHEF NIKA

let's pray for them :hapnoel:
Post automatically merged:

"Dragon we need to save Ginny!"

Dragon:

"Dragon! Ivankov and Inazuma were both captured!"

Dragon:

"Dragon I think I'll be dead soon."

Dragon:

"Dragon shouldn't we go to Egghead?"

Dragon:
worst character ever made in a battle shonen

• Caused BB crew to escape prison
  • Was the one to free ace (In the arc about freeing ace)
  • Lost ace (climax)
  • More action bar WB and Akainu
If Luffy had not been at ID and Marineford:
  • BB would have still assaulted ID, as that was his plan in the first place. Become Warlord, Access Impel Down.
  • Ace would have died the same, WB would have died the same

So yeah, Luffy was irrelevant.

Zoro flying dragon blaze / Kaidou Blazing Dragon

Only visible damage to onighishima
:steef::steef:
Agenda piece never sleeps
:steef::steef:

• We don't know if BB has a 3rd Poneglyph
  • Shanks and kid was one chapter
  • Aokiji Vs Akainu was one panel.
Also adding to this, the fact that it's one panel makes it less relevant?
Other people are doing things, the fact that it takes less space in a MANGA ABOUT LUFFY doesn't mean that the world revolves around him, and the panels that you say don't matter you decide out of your own volition.
And again, you guys keep ignoring Reverie existing.
Or Revo's.