You mean when you're deemed mentally unfit? Then that should extend to 'at home'. With an individual who is of sound ability to own a gun goes outside with it illegally, then that is a calculated risk; allowing someone who has clear psychological issues to have a gun at home is not.

We cannot infringe on freedom in favour of "protection". It is nothing but authoritarianism. Besides, those who mean you harm will always find a way, weapon prohibition or no.
I am not so sure if I'm all freedom if that means less security.

And again what kind of mental issues would you consider uncapable to carry guns? Dementia? Down? Psychopatia?

I am not so sure if I'm all freedom if that means less security.

And again what kind of mental issues would you consider uncapable to carry guns? Dementia? Down? Psychopatia?
Then we're opposed on that point. Ultimately, I don't think prohibiting weapons makes the world safer. Just gives despots the chance to be armed when you cannot be.

As for conditions? I'm torn on that. Probably a myriad of personality disorders (primarily cluster-B ones), Dementia (as I have worked with dementia patients), and anything that causes audible or visual hallucinations. I guess anything that functions as a major impairment to cognitive thinking would also be under this umbrella?

Social police won't protect women when they are alone with a man that wants to hurt them.
Social politics are meant to prevent men from having this behavior in the first place mate. There is a sociological reason behind those behaviors they are not random social artefacts.

Technology has nothing to do with bringing chaos. With or without tech like you said without good ethics (fuck politics) chaos will be installed.
You have a hard time understanding what I say, let me be more precise.

Technology can't exist without someone managing it in the first place. This means that technology is just a tool.

This tool is neutral. But NOT the human behind it. So, if human are acting with bad ethics, the tool will be used to do bad things and will therefore bring apocalypse. On the contrary, if the human behind the tools are acting with very good ethics, the tool will be used to do very good things.

The point is that without good ethics (and therefore good politics) the technology will be use badly and can't bring good things.

So if you want more social and economical progress its possible but its not technology that you must focus on, but good politics.

It's not really "phobic" to say that we need comprehensive testing to prevent those whom have potentially disastrous mental health conditions from having guns. For their sake and those around them.
Indeed. More prevention are needed. Having guns is not a basic human right.

The right to protect yourself should be.
No. Its an open window to very toxic behaviors.

Gun are meant to kill, not to protect ourself. Creating the right for carrying firearm is explanation that nothing can be done politically to prevent insecurity to happen. This is not acceptable. We must fight insecurity by politics and not by violence.

We need hardcore gun control in the world.

No. Its an open window to very toxic behaviors.
It heavily depends on the society. Some other countries in Europe have similarly lax gun laws as the US yet they had no mass shooting issues before the constant news reports on US shootings gave rise to copycat shooters. A healthy society doesn't produce hundreds of mentally instable individuals who want to kill others for no apparent reason.
Post automatically merged:

Indeed. More prevention are needed. Having guns is not a basic human right.
Humans always defended themselves. Its completely natural

It heavily depends on the society. Some other countries in Europe have similarly lax gun laws as the US yet they had no mass shooting issues before the constant news reports on US shootings gave rise to copycat shooters. A healthy society doesn't produce hundreds of mentally instable individuals who want to kill others for no apparent reason.
The reason behind mass shooting in Europe is different from the US. So the Gun laws can't be comparable.

Humans always defended themselves. Its completely natural
No, not in a social society. Its up to justice and politics to prevent those situation to happen. Its not the job of citizens to resort to violence.

Then we're opposed on that point. Ultimately, I don't think prohibiting weapons makes the world safer. Just gives despots the chance to be armed when you cannot be.

As for conditions? I'm torn on that. Probably a myriad of personality disorders (primarily cluster-B ones), Dementia (as I have worked with dementia patients), and anything that causes audible or visual hallucinations. I guess anything that functions as a major impairment to cognitive thinking would also be under this umbrella?
I said freedom in general. Not so sure about it but right now my biggest issue with Libertarians would be their fetish with privacy/anonymity. Here in Brazil because of that What's App refuse to give police private information of drug dealers groups and private chats with each other which would help them to make the city safer for civilians.
And for guns... I agree with you although you didn't mentioned you are pro people having warfare arsenal at home, missiles, tanks etc. This also happens in a global level with countries for example only 7(if I'm right) countries are able to have nuclear weapons. And now we see Ukraine being invaded by Russia after suffering pressure from both Russia and the West to give their nuclear weapons with the promise of maintain its sovereignty.

And your psychology restrictions is already less freedom in order of security. You should rethink how you stand on that then. Also since you talked about visual and audible issues caused by psychological problems we can also include blind and deaf people. Not sure if mute people some how would fit here too. Or handicap people?

But then no issue with psychopath or sociopath? Not saying that those couldn't have it.

And what about crime? Who committed any type of crime (even tax evasion) would be prohibited to have guns?

You mean the justice system right? Courts and stuff?
You mean the police? The guys that you call and arrive 20 minutes after the attacker already killed you?
Its not the job of citizens to resort to violence.
Self defense is not a job, it's human nature.
You live in a fluffy sugar coated dream world my bunny. And that's even without taking into account corruption and police violence.
You should read their newspapers. They write good articles about space travelling
ISIS newspapers?

Social politics are meant to prevent men from having this behavior in the first place mate. There is a sociological reason behind those behaviors they are not random social artefacts.
This doesn't deny what I said. And doesn't represent reality. You are thinking an ideal world where everything works well. This is not real world and even if you apply those social politics and they work would still take some time for things to change. Until then women that could be saved by carrying a gun will be murderer, raped, stolen, kidnapped ), had their kids kidnapped etc etc etc.

You have a hard time understanding what I say, let me be more precise.

Technology can't exist without someone managing it in the first place. This means that technology is just a tool.

This tool is neutral. But NOT the human behind it. So, if human are acting with bad ethics, the tool will be used to do bad things and will therefore bring apocalypse. On the contrary, if the human behind the tools are acting with very good ethics, the tool will be used to do very good things.

The point is that without good ethics (and therefore good politics) the technology will be use badly and can't bring good things.

So if you want more social and economical progress its possible but its not technology that you must focus on, but good politics.
I'm understanding you very well. You are the one with hard time to not be inconsistent with your claims.

You already said that technology (guns included) are tools. Neutral.

So technology can't make anything bad or good.

Now people can. So this is the reality of the world since ever.

Now like I said. Technology makes the world fair. Because of technology we have less people starving, less poor people, less fights, less wars.

Take for example nuclear weapons, atomic bombs. They are bad. Mass destruction and radiation that can harm the whole planet. But they are the reason small countries don't get invaded for bigger countries. Because if you do? You will be bombed and the whole world will suffer.

Look at Ukraine without this protection. Getting invaded by Russia. And what the world can do? Stop trading with Russia. Only that. Why? Because they have tons of bombs that could destroy a country or the world.

Jokes aside. They actually do have news outlets aka their website. At least they did back in 2016.
Link? Lots of ISIS stuff got taken down. Like that blog of a couple journalling their romantic journey to joining Isis to fertilise the soil of the caliphate with their blood. I was so disappointed when it got taken down.

https://twitter.com/caissesdegreve/status/1772957875612090705?s=20

You mean the justice system right? Courts and stuff?
Yup

You mean the police? The guys that you call and arrive 20 minutes after the attacker already killed you?
No. I mean politics. Police is here because politics didn't do their job well enough. In an healthy society, there is no need for the police.
You live in a fluffy sugar coated dream world my bunny. And that's even without taking into account corruption and police violence.
On the contrary. Its because I know that I'm living in a world where nightmares cohabit with dreams that I know that the solution is not more gun, but better politics.

You are thinking an ideal world where everything works well.
No. A realistic world with good politics. Your problem is that you don't allow to believe in a world that is good, because you don't trust humans to begin with. That's why you are such a capitalist.

even if you apply those social politics and they work would still take some time for things to change. Until then women that could be saved by carrying a gun will be murderer, raped, stolen, kidnapped ), had their kids kidnapped etc etc etc.
For that, we need to create more protection for women and people through politics, not through more violence.

So technology can't make anything bad or good.
That's what you don't understand. You are speaking as if technology is independant of our control. That's not the case, we are behind it. So when I'm talking about technology. I'm always talking about technology as being used by someone.

Technology makes the world fair
Again, no. It make it fair ONLY if people want the world to make it fair. Technology alone and without human intervention, doesn't do anything.

Not necessaraly. For example we could use those weapon to produce scientific knowledge or stop a threat. Again, technology is not bad or good, its just a tool, neutral until its used.

Because if you do? You will be bombed and the whole world will suffer.
I wouldn't call that a good thing.

Look at Ukraine without this protection. Getting invaded by Russia. And what the world can do? Stop trading with Russia. Only that. Why? Because they have tons of bombs that could destroy a country or the world.
This problem is complex indeed.

No. I mean politics. Police is here because politics didn't do their job well enough. In an healthy society, there is no need for the police.
Politics stops attackers from attacking?
On the contrary. Its because I know that I'm living in a world where nightmares cohabit with dreams that I know that the solution is not more gun, but better politics.
When shops are being looted, your home broken in and your family killed will you still scream for better politics or will you come to the realisation that your loved ones could still he alive if they had had a means to defend the intruders?
For that, we need to create more protection for women and people through politics, not through more violence.
Not defending yourself doesn't curb violence, on the contrary, it enables violence on the attackers side. Misunderstood pacifism only leads to more violence.

No. A realistic world with good politics. Your problem is that you don't allow to believe in a world that is good, because you don't trust humans to begin with. That's why you are such a capitalist.
I believe in that more than you and that technology will bring us there. The problem is you are skipping the whole process while I'm aware of current reality and perceptible if the changes we predicted doesn't happen and the measures we take change things the other way for the worse.

Again you are ignoring the situation of a woman being alone with a man where people and politics can't help.

That's what you don't understand. You are speaking as if technology is independant of our control. That's not the case, we are behind it. So when I'm talking about technology. I'm always talking about technology as being used by someone.
Again I understand pretty well. But as we both agree technology doesn't do anything. People do. With or without technology people will do both good and bad things.

Again, no. It make it fair ONLY if people want the world to make it fair. Technology alone and without human intervention, doesn't do anything.
What I say by fair is that poor or weak people have better way to compete with rich and strong people equally.

For example guns that allows women to defend against men. Or even less lethal weapons like pepper spray, that shock thing.

Internet is the greatest tool for poor people to make money and make themselves famous without needing a lot of money or help from people with money. Politicians campaigns were always expensive. Now one can be elected simple by having social media.

I wouldn't call that a good thing.
I'm not saying it is a good thing. Not sure how you interpreted just saying it is a defense. Again Ukraine. They are even attacking inside Russia territory and there are rumors that USA are pressuring Ukraine to stop that. Imagine if they had nuclear weapons. Russia would never dare to invade. That's the whole reason of Cold War. Two nuclear weapon nations that never directly faced each other. Only by using other nations that have no nuclear weapon.

I believe in that more than you and that technology will bring us there. The problem is you are skipping the whole process while I'm aware of current reality and perceptible if the changes we predicted doesn't happen and the measures we take change things the other way for the worse.

Again you are ignoring the situation of a woman being alone with a man where people and politics can't help.

Again I understand pretty well. But as we both agree technology doesn't do anything. People do. With or without technology people will do both good and bad things.

What I say by fair is that poor or weak people have better way to compete with rich and strong people equally.

For example guns that allows women to defend against men. Or even less lethal weapons like pepper spray, that shock thing.

Internet is the greatest tool for poor people to make money and make themselves famous without needing a lot of money or help from people with money. Politicians campaigns were always expensive. Now one can be elected simple by having social media.

I'm not saying it is a good thing. Not sure how you interpreted just saying it is a defense. Again Ukraine. They are even attacking inside Russia territory and there are rumors that USA are pressuring Ukraine to stop that. Imagine if they had nuclear weapons. Russia would never dare to invade. That's the whole reason of Cold War. Two nuclear weapon nations that never directly faced each other. Only by using other nations that have no nuclear weapon.
You are so cringe