We agree that Russia always wanted Ukraine and was gonna try to take it by force.

My point is that Russia wanted to take Ukriane before they joined NATO, as that would mean Russia would have to directly fight with NATO forces and having them at his borders, similar to the Cuban Missle Crisis. Given how Ukriane joining NATO made good progress in 2021, along with Biden pushing more sanctions on Russia, this speed up Russia's invasion. It gave the more reasons and incentive to do so.
But I don't think they'd be allowed in NATO as long as they've got disputed territory (Crimea). They've been on the action plan for NATO since 2002, you can't join overnight.

There has been, literally a tit for tat since the early 1900s.
No, there’s been an ongoing colonization and occupation met with resistance from the ill equipped locals in comparison since the 1900s get your history right.
You have to be choking on Palestinian semen to think otherwise
Wasn’t Hamas funded by Netanyahu 🤔
Yeah they did it to weaken the PA.

Last edited:
:kobeha:Man said history class, the irony. Everyone and their mamas know they teach jack about history in school, especially pre college. This explains your ignorance on occupied Palestine tho lol.
Speaking from experience? considering you think Israel fought a bunch of farmers with a shotgun with b-2 stealth bombers lol

I don't think Roo is ignorant on the history of the conflict. He's just taking the "enlightened centrist" position.
Taking positions like that is tantamount to ignorance on it as a whole regardless. The reality is that what you have there is one of the last colonization projects in the world and an active apartheid. I’m not one that likes to use these charged terms but it’s simply the reality. Acting like there’s an equal tit for tat going on couldn’t be more telling of ignorance.
Speaking from experience? considering you think Israel fought a bunch of farmers with a shotgun with b-2 stealth bombers lol
:seriously: Where did I even say that?

Taking positions like that is tantamount to ignorance on it as a whole regardless. The reality is that what you have there is one of the last colonization projects in the world and an active apartheid. I’m not one that likes to use these charged terms but it’s simply the reality.
I mean, anyone with an unbiased approach will agree, but you're not talking to someone that's exactly "unbiased"

I literally bold it. Israel and Arab nations(yes, nations not random locals) were both equipped with western and soviet weaponry.
Strictly talking about the local Palestinians from then till now, they’ve either been unarmed (as was the case in the beginning, look at the Deir Yasin massacre) or ill equipped in most other cases. Countries have jumped in to support their resistance but they were defeated and eventually normalized (Jordan, Eygpt) before they could even accomplish anything. The other Arab countries fell into their own chaos. The local populace have been otherwise resisting mostly by themselves and have not been successful in the face of the far more powerful occupier who’s been routinely armed to the teeth by the West.

On the other hand we got the most ahistorical take on your end:
There has been, literally a tit for tat since the early 1900s.
According to Merriam Websters
tit for tat

noun phrase
: an equivalent given in return (as for an injury) : retaliation in kind
Where is the tit for tat in all of this:

Strictly talking about the local Palestinians from then till now, they’ve either been unarmed (as was the case in the beginning, look at the Deir Yasin massacre) or ill equipped in most other cases. Countries have jumped in to support their resistance but they were defeated and eventually normalized (Jordan, Eygpt) before they could even accomplish anything. The other Arab countries fell into their own chaos. The local populace have been otherwise resisting mostly by themselves and have not been successful in the face of the far more powerful occupier who’s been routinely armed to the teeth by the West.
But this is outright wrong. The local Palestinians were provided weapons by the nations who governed them(ones I mentioned earlier) and by proxy by both the soviets and the west.

Egypt and Jordan weren't fighting wars on behalf of the Palestinians, they were fighting WITH them.

On the other hand we got the most ahistorical take on your end:

According to Merriam Websters

Where is the tit for tat in all of this:

Ahistorical?

yes tit for tat lmao. Inforgraphics from Al Jazeera? seriously man? it doesn't get more propagandistic than that

But this is outright wrong. The local Palestinians were provided weapons by the nations who governed them(ones I mentioned earlier) and by proxy by both the soviets and the west.

Egypt and Jordan weren't fighting wars on behalf of the Palestinians, they were fighting WITH them.

Ahistorical?

yes tit for tat lmao. Inforgraphics from Al Jazeera? seriously man? it doesn't get more propagandistic than that
:lawsigh: And @Toby D. Dog was saying this was the “enlightened centrist” position lmao y’all got me weak out here for such a serious issue. Convinent how you only pull up a Wikipedia list of mostly minor clashes in the 30s in response and ignore the rest of what happened afterwards. These very clashes are as a result of Europeans occupying their land to begin with. Don’t give me that cop out this is all sourced and backed go read what Ilan Pappe, a Israeli historian has to say surely he ain’t as “propagandistic” lol.

:lawsigh: And @Toby D. Dog was saying this was the “enlightened centrist” position lmao y’all got me weak out here for such a serious issue. Convinent how you only pull up a Wikipedia list of mostly minor clashes in the 30s in response and ignore the rest of what happened afterwards. These very clashes are as a result of Europeans occupying their land to begin with. Don’t give me that cop out this is all sourced and backed go read what Ilan Pappe, a Israeli historian has to say surely he ain’t as “propagandistic” lol.
If you know who Bill Maher is then you'd understand what I mean by "enlightened centrist"

Couldn't anybody literally just claim anybody from the opposing side is a "propagandist"? What is the definitive standard that separates such?

:lawsigh: And @Toby D. Dog was saying this was the “enlightened centrist” position lmao y’all got me weak out here for such a serious issue.
Having a more nuanced opinion than a tiktoker makes me an "enlightned centrist" lmao

It's called using your brain and not being driven by ideology.

Convinent how you only pull up a Wikipedia list of mostly minor clashes in the 30s in response

bruh it's not "convenient", it's literally the record of massacres in mandatory palestine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_and_massacres_in_Mandatory_Palestine

It is tit for tat is they're both attacking each other.

and ignore the rest of what happened afterwards. This is all sourced and backed go read what Ilan Pappe, a Israeli historian has to say surely he ain’t as “propagandistic” lol.
Yes, a guy known for being insanely pro palestinian lmao.

What is propagandistic is the painting here. "poor palestinian getting killed for no reason" when a quickly google search shows they were both attacking each other
Post automatically merged:

Bill Maher….that’s a clown I haven’t heard in a while. I get it now. @Roo Take your L, even Logiko agrees with us on this.
bruh I don't think that's the shining endorsement you think it is :kobeha:

Having a more nuanced opinion than a tiktoker makes me an "enlightned centrist" lmao

It's called using your brain and not being driven by ideology
:vistalaugh:Tiktoker? I never downloaded that Chinese app, don’t take me for one of those people just because I called you out for your ahistorical nonsense lol.

Yes, a guy known for being insanely pro palestinian lmao.
Roo when provided with facts about the colonization of Palestinians “That’s Pro Palestinian Propaganda!”

What’s next?
The UN is pro Palestinian with all of their condemnatory statements regarding Israel?

Was the Balfour Declaration pro Palestinian?

What is propagandistic is the painting here. "poor palestinian getting killed for no reason" when a quickly google search shows they were both attacking each othe
So when the Europeans started settling in their land were they attacked by Palestinians prior?