We already settled this one, I conceded that it's a language issue.
The way you spoke about historian's work is not only ignorant but disrespectful and reeks of STEM degree supremacy
I have no personal beef with historians, might be one of the core pillars in education. But it is a fact that it's not science, and it's not considered science. I simplified the work to prove my point, stay mad

The process in which historians work is different to science. There's only one true history, their job is to simply interpret it with the limited and often biased data they have, but there's no leaving that limited frame of what you find in your data. They can assume xyz reasons that caused xyz, but those are just assumptions and not scientific laws or proof or rules of any kind.

@Natalija
Google translation from french wiki article:
Définition stricte modifier

D'après Michel Blay[8], la science est « la connaissance claire et certaine de quelque chose, fondée soit sur des principes évidents et des démonstrations, soit sur des raisonnements expérimentaux, ou encore sur l'analyse des sociétés et des faits humains ».

Cette définition permet de distinguer les trois types de science :

Strict definition edit According to Michel Blay[8], science is “the clear and certain knowledge of something, based either on obvious principles and demonstrations, or on experimental reasoning, or even on the analysis of societies and human facts ". This definition makes it possible to distinguish the three types of science: the exact sciences, including mathematics and “mathematized sciences” such as theoretical physics; physicochemical and experimental sciences (natural and material sciences, biology, medicine); the human sciences, which concern the human being, his history, his behavior, language, the social, the psychological, the political.
@Logiko can you tell us how the word science is defined in French? Is it a more broad term like German Wissenschaft or more like English science? The wiki article makes it seem more similar to the German definition rather than the English one but I don't speak French.

I have no personal beef with historians, might be one of the core pillars in education. But it is a fact that it's not science, and it's not considered science. I simplified the work to prove my point, stay mad
Natural science vs social science.

The german term Wissenschaft encompasses both, but we still have the terms naturwissenschaft and sozialwissenschaft for each respectively.

You are all just antisemites
No way to justify the act you are defending, you resort to your last card : "antisemite".
I guess jews who are demonstrating are also "antisemite" ?
:milaugh:

Effort for you means nothing obviously
Hi meritocracy, hi BS !

Dude I support russia
On the sides of oppressors no matter what... no surprises here.

Im probably hardest working person on this forum.
The cult of "hard work", hi meritocracy ! Hi BS !
It is science. You simply have an oversimplified vision of it.

@Logiko can you tell us how the word science is defined in French? Is it a more broad term like German Wissenschaft or more like English science? The wiki article makes it seem more similar to the German definition rather than the English one but I don't speak French.
"Science (from the Latin scientia, “knowledge”, “to know”) is in its primary sense “the sum of knowledge” and more specifically a systematic enterprise of construction and organization of knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions. . "

So history is part of that. We can even say that history can be predictive if we talk about systemic rises of political system. The fact that the sources can be biases doesn't change the fact that history aims to the most unbiased approach possible of the past. This is therefore a scientific process.

"Science (from the Latin scientia, “knowledge”, “to know”) is in its primary sense “the sum of knowledge” and more specifically a systematic enterprise of construction and organization of knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions. . "

So history is part of that. We can even say that history can be predictive if we talk about systemic rises of political system. The fact that the sources can be biases doesn't change the fact that history aims to the most unbiased approach possible of the past. This is therefore a scientific process.
Nope, "construction and organization of knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions" doesn't apply to history, that's why it's not considered science. You can't test it nor predict with it.

No way to justify the act you are defending, you resort to your last card : "antisemite".
I guess jews who are demonstrating are also "antisemite" ?
:milaugh:

Hi meritocracy, hi BS !

On the sides of oppressors no matter what... no surprises here.

The cult of "hard work", hi meritocracy ! Hi BS !

It is science. You simply have an oversimplified vision of it.

Bruh what's the French established definition please?
We already established the English one

Nope, "construction and organization of knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions" doesn't apply to history, that's why it's not considered science. You can't test it nor predict with it.
Yes you can, by multiplying the sources. Science is not necessaraly done in only one way.

Bruh what's the French established definition please?
We already established the English one
Well, that was an extract from the french wikipedia article.

Yes you can, by multiplying the sources. Science is not necessaraly done in only one way.
Having various historic sources and comparing them is not science. It's just reading what you have available. Forming an actual theory/prediction and testing it isn't possible for history. A theory is a well-established, tested explanation that provides a unified description of some aspect of the natural world.

:josad:

Having various historic sources and comparing them is not science. It's just reading what you have available. Forming an actual theory/prediction and testing it isn't possible for history. A theory is a well-established, tested explanation that provides a unified description of some aspect of the natural world.
Again, social sciences do not fonction in the same way as natural sciences, the process is not necessaraly the same.

The point is that all are pushing for an unbiased research of the unknown through scientific process. And yes History does that too. That's what science is. You will not manage to push it out of the scientific field I'm sorry

:kayneshrug:

Again, social sciences do not fonction in the same way as natural sciences, the process is not necessaraly the same.

The point is that all are pushing for an unbiased research of the unknown through scientific process. And yes History does that too. That's what science is. You will not manage to push it out of the scientific field I'm sorry

:kayneshrug:
No need to push it out since it's not considered science :gokulaugh:

No need to push it out since it's not considered science :gokulaugh:
Mainly by liberals yes (and so by a large number of people) simply because social sciences are seen under a bad light because they eventually question the status co. Doesn't mean that they are right.

Historian are scientist if we look at the prime definition of science.

What would be the go-to Historians you’d point at to prove your case, @Logiko? Genuinely curious
I'm advocating for social sciences as a whole rather than just history. I could point you out to some sociologist or anthropologist but I've very little knowledge in history so that will be hard.

The point is that social science ARE a discipline of science and history is part of that. The fact that social sciences uses - sometimes - different method doesn't change the fact that they are aiming at a systematical and unbiased research of the reality (of the past in the case of history) through scientifics process or experimental methods. Which is what sciences are.

Now, you want to affirm that history is not a science, like I said, go talk with an historian (or rather a few because you will most likely have different opinion on the subject).