Speculations Zoro has to surpass Mihawk in Elbaf

Will Zoro surpass Mihawk in Elbaf?

• Total voters
Why not Mihawk kills Shiryu and then makes an alliance with Bb pirates to take down Zoro?
Makes as little sense as Op's theory
That theory just seems to be here to remove Mihawk purposefully from the story which is very bad Tbh.
What makes no sense about Mihawk allying with Shanks?

Elbaf is the arc about the giants, who are strong and proud warriors. Wouldn’t this be a good arc thematically for Zoro to prove himself as a great warrior to his master?

What makes no sense about Mihawk allying with Shanks?

Elbaf is the arc about the giants, who are strong and proud warriors. Wouldn’t this be a good arc thematically for Zoro to prove himself as a great warrior to his master?
Well Mihawk has been portrayed as a one man army who fights for himself so why would he need to necessarily ally with Shanks?
Also Teach has some beef against Shanks and nothing against Mihawk as far as we know,so why Mihawk is getting into people's business?
Not saying it is impossible as anything can happen,but as of now I really doubt it.

Well Mihawk has been portrayed as a one man army who fights for himself so why would he need to necessarily ally with Shanks?
Also Teach has some beef against Shanks and nothing against Mihawk as far as we know,so why Mihawk is getting into people's business?
Not saying it is impossible as anything can happen,but as of now I really doubt it.
Mihawk is strong, but he can’t fight off the Navy forever by himself

F

Fallen Prince

I believe zoro will never surpass mihawk, oda has created myth around mihawk i do not think that will ever change.

Mihawk has around two decades in swordswanship , meanwhile zoro is peaking up .

I believe we will have friendly clash between both of them and matter ends in debate of who won . Typical of oda to do this .

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I believe zoro will never surpass mihawk, oda has created myth around mihawk i do not think that will ever change.

Mihawk has around two decades in swordswanship , meanwhile zoro is peaking up .

I believe we will have friendly clash between both of them and matter ends in debate of who won . Typical of oda to do this .
Imagine thinking zoro wont achieve his dream.

F

Fallen Prince

Imagine thinking zoro wont achieve his dream.
Zoro s will be great swordsman by eos . Will he ever fight mihawk is big question ?

In fact mihawk or zoro will refuse to fight each other because of student and teacher bond.

I can see mihawk acknowleding zoro that he is on same level .
Post automatically merged:

Also i think zoro s goal right now aligns with straw hat crew.it doesnt really matter if he is strongest swordsman ever.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Zoro s will be great swordsman by eos . Will he ever fight mihawk is big question ?

In fact mihawk or zoro will refuse to fight each other because of student and teacher bond.

I can see mihawk acknowleding zoro that he is on same level .
Post automatically merged:

Also i think zoro s goal right now aligns with straw hat crew.it doesnt really matter if he is strongest swordsman ever.
Zoro will be the strongest swordsman in one piece history

If Oda is to truly go the route of God tiers with Luffy and Zoro like Naruto and Sasuke, as in they would be so strong, either of them would be able to easily defeat Prime Whitebeard, by the time story ends, I can see Zoro being stronger than Mihawk at Elbaf with Luffy surpassing Shanks at the same time.

If Oda is to truly go the route of God tiers with Luffy and Zoro like Naruto and Sasuke, as in they would be so strong, either of them would be able to easily defeat Prime Whitebeard, by the time story ends, I can see Zoro being stronger than Mihawk at Elbaf with Luffy surpassing Shanks at the same time.
How is Zoro like Sasuke? Last time I checked, Zoro is Luffy’s underling and not his rival

If there is one lesson to be learned from Naruto is to keep your best villains for last.

Imho, killing off Itachi mid story was Kishi's biggest mistake cause Sasuke had no more real purpose in the story except complaining, whining, and bitching

Same thing with Pain, Naruto completed his life's goal of being acknowledged by the village.

Zoro's quest ends with Mihawk. That's something you don't subvert.

How is Zoro like Sasuke? Last time I checked, Zoro is Luffy’s underling and not his rival
Well I did not say their roles are exact same, obviously its a different story, but both are same in a sense that they represent serious/edgy secondary protagonists though I personally think Zoro is much better written character than Sasuke to me as he is an alpha male with high moral compass rather than an emo in literal sense.

My opinion on Zoro and Luffy is that idea of captain/underling is very fluid between them as their pair has never been presented as that of a captain and underling, instead two partners. The idea of partners has already been established in One Piece with Vice Captains like Killer and Rayleigh referred to as partners by their captains in manga and I think same logic applies to every true vice captain so that would include Beckman as well.

But with Zoro its even more than just him being a Vice Captain, he is truly an exception of a subordinate because Zoro joined the crew with his own ambition, he has will power, hunger and drive to be better just as much as Luffy, but their destinations are different. We can look at Mihawk's statement "Becoming pirate king is harder than me" to face value but reality is Zoro's own opinion of his ultimate destination is much different than that, to him becoming WSS is like his name reaching heaven, he will probably end up being far greater than Mihawk ever was, perhaps strongest swordsman ever. But the point is that the way both Luffy and Zoro see the world, their state of mind, they are two people on similar wave length with similar desire to be better but with different destinations. So I think even more so that Killer/Rayleigh, Zoro represents what a partner truly is to Luffy.