What was the last movie you watched?

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Detective Conan Movie 26: Black Iron Submarine

7.5-8/10. The standalone mystery wasn't as intricate as other movies. It was more of a cat and mouse adventure with the BO which is always a treat. I know the shipping war caused by the movie was crazy, but actually watching the scenes makes me understand why :kobeha:

They really emphasized Shiho's unrequited love for Shinichi and her acceptance that he loves Ran. Usually, I think the Conan shippers are insane (way worse than OP powerscalers), but I can't blame them this time, Gosho was definitely baiting them haaaard :kobeha:

Did you watch the movie @JoNdule (tagging you as the only active Conan fan I know here)?

Detective Conan Movie 26: Black Iron Submarine

7.5-8/10. The standalone mystery wasn't as intricate as other movies. It was more of a cat and mouse adventure with the BO which is always a treat. I know the shipping war caused by the movie was crazy, but actually watching the scenes makes me understand why :kobeha:

They really emphasized Shiho's unrequited love for Shinichi and her acceptance that he loves Ran. Usually, I think the Conan shippers are insane (way worse than OP powerscalers), but I can't blame them this time, Gosho was definitely baiting them haaaard :kobeha:

Did you watch the movie @JoNdule (tagging you as the only active Conan fan I know here)?
I'm yet to watch this movie and also the 2024 one

Maybe I'm confusing it with movie 25
Lemme check movie 26 and I'll get back to this

Last edited:
Castle in the Sky from Studio Ghibli. Very good. If Japanese pop culture maintained this level of storytelling across the board,it wouldn't be in the sad state it's in now.
Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse. Very Good. I'm not a fan of DC and Marvel. In fact,i believe that the Western entertainment industry is too dependent on these two brands,and that it would improve a lot if it put more effort into creating new original franchises. But these movies managed to be interesting for regular movie lovers like me.
M3gan. Very good. This movie could be the start of a worthwhile female-led franchise.

Inside Out 2.

Very good animated movie, with fantastic animation and good music (though not as amazing that it was in the first Inside Out due to Michael Giacchino's absence). The movie explores the emotions, including the new and more complex ones such as anxiety or ennui that are exacerbated when puberty and teenagehood strike as well as the behind of the scenes of the mind without the surprise and innovation factor of the first film, but still with lots of imagination.

The emotion characters are attaching and funny, with original emotions such as Anger and Disgust taking a more important role, while new emotions especially Anxiety being played well and being shown to be more complex and needed than expected.

Definitively a well-deserved and much needed critical and financial success for Pixar after years of struggle due to bad luck and the loss of its founder and original director, the pandemic, several weaker films and Disney's bad decisions. Now things may finally shine a bit brighter for them.

Kizaruber Eats

Gladly waiting for the death of the red haired rat
I watched Saw X, Jigsaw, Saw 1 and Scream 5 randomly.

Saw X was fucking great and also Saw 1 by the end of it, I did find Saw 1 a bit tedious to get through and limited plus I really hated that extreme, over the top camera spinning, jerky filming effect they do with it too. But the final twist and both the actor for Adam who apparently wrote the film and came up witht the concept of it and the awesome Cary Elwes did an amazing job too.

The Saw theme song is so fucking good, so epic, thrilling, badass, bombastic etc that its criminally good!

Jigsaw was a bit hit or miss I guess but I liked it ultimately, the ending twist really shocked me there too and messed with my mind a LOT. Logan was pretty cool. The baiting in that film was REAL too, clever bastardry!

Saw X has the best finale I've seen by far except
for the evil woman getting away
but I'm excited for the next one now too.

Scream 5 was one of the worst films I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. I wish I could forget it. Just absolutely fucking awful and tried way too hard to be meta, to make fun of its own fanbase and was so self fellating, so smug, so cringe, it was like the worst fanfiction or something made official. Feels like something the Nostalgia Critic or some whingey, miserable drama/video rant essay Youtuber in general would come up with.