Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She might join if she really wants adventure and see laugh tale as oden did.

She's obviously the second strongest if she joins, might be 3rd/4th strongest if Zoro and Sanji grows stronger than her at Elbaf or EoS.

Carrot is also joining
Carrot isn't joining. Very much doubt it...
Yamato is a blank slate as if she's already stronger to put Ulti away in one hit so to speak, imprisoned at 8 I doubt she could of trained like normal so if she did she would grow in massive power possibly. I'd firmly put her 2nd strongest regardless.

I think it will be a very good idea if oda let yamato join, at least strawhats will have that one female top tier in the crew.

Narrative wise it will be a much welcome sight to see a powerful female combatant
Post automatically merged:

But the series is not going on for that long anymore.
Maybe her dream will then be to travel to Laugh Tale like Oden and see everything from his logbook?
Or an unfullfilled dream by oden which he stated on that journal
Post automatically merged:

Have stated my view big NO

She basically asked to join SH because Oden did it earlier after reading his log book . Seriously ?

Is this the character you want ? It would just sink all the development of other shp who took time in almost an arc dedicated to them .

Yamato basically has no development that can feel she belongs to strawhat , it s more like forced development to me just because hurr durr we want strong ladies .

Remember when Jinbei sacrificed his time for straw hats and donates his blood to save luffy . There i understood he deserved the spot thats the kind of example i want or i just dont see anypoint having her in crew .
Oda still got of plenty of time for her. Reading your comments, it was as if she already joined. I mean there's still a lot of room for her chracter development and you cant just close that door for her just like that

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So the English translation of this chapter provides a few more interesting clues...she definitely says she wants to ride on Luffy’s ship, but that he should accept on the basis of being Ace’s brother. On top of this, she mentions wanting to go to sea with Ace at that time.

Before this gets misconstrued, I think using this as an indication that she wants to see the world in general and doesn’t necessarily have to do so with Luffy would be incorrect. It’s acceptable for her main desire prior to meeting Ace to be leaving Onigashima in the first place, if only to escape Kaido’s supposed tyranny that she outlines for Luffy/us. Unless she says otherwise, I doubt she knew Ace was Roger’s son upon meeting him (therefore making their encounter the second generation of Gol-Kozuki cooperation), but now that such a fact is public information - as well as Luffy’s relation to Ace - I’m sure she wants to travel specifically with the man closest to her idol’s lineage.

Also, Luffy’s immediate response is only to say she can’t be Oden, he doesn’t say anything about her joining his ship. This obviously means little here, but he didn’t outright refuse her, which is noteworthy at the moment.

So the English translation of this chapter provides a few more interesting clues...she definitely says she wants to ride on Luffy’s ship, but that he should accept on the basis of being Ace’s brother. On top of this, she mentions wanting to go to sea with Ace at that time.

Before this gets misconstrued, I think using this as an indication that she wants to see the world in general and doesn’t necessarily have to do so with Luffy would be incorrect. It’s acceptable for her main desire prior to meeting Ace to be leaving Onigashima in the first place, if only to escape Kaido’s supposed tyranny that she outlines for Luffy/us. Unless she says otherwise, I doubt she knew Ace was Roger’s son upon meeting him (therefore making their encounter the second generation of Gol-Kozuki cooperation), but now that such a fact is public information - as well as Luffy’s relation to Ace - I’m sure she wants to travel specifically with the man closest to her idol’s lineage.

Also, Luffy’s immediate response is only to say she can’t be Oden, he doesn’t say anything about her joining his ship. This obviously means little here, but he didn’t outright refuse her, which is noteworthy at the moment.
Wanna read better trans too

Funny how people justify that certain characters exactly look like the other one, while that has been oda's style of good looking ladies. I mean there's only one artist that draws this, so the style wont really become entirely different to the other.

'nami's template' can be seen with nami, rebecca, tashigi, pudding and yamato with a little tweaks in the eyes the hair and added features like horns, third eye or eyeglasses or whatnot.

Robin's template can also be seen somewhat with hancock.

I dont see the reason why people are making fuss about this

Funny how people justify that certain characters exactly look like the other one, while that has been oda's style of good looking ladies. I mean there's only one artist that draws this, so the style wont really become entirely different to the other.

'nami's template' can be seen with nami, rebecca, tashigi, pudding and yamato with a little tweaks in the eyes the hair and added features like horns, third eye or eyeglasses or whatnot.

:cheers::smithnie::kayneshrug::kata:

I take Yamato over Carrot anyday.

But yes, I do want her to join the crew. And I also do think that she has a couple of things going for her.

1. Yamato is gonna have to leave Wano after this arc, whether kaido falls or not. If Kaido falls, Yamato can join the crew anyway and leave Wano for good, but even if Kaido doesn't fall this arc, Yamato can't go back to his papa knowing her daughter betrayed him. She was already beaten and locked away by him before, after her betrayal kaido is only be more cruel towards her, and if he doesn't kill her he will certainly make sure to lock her away forever. Plus if kaido and the beast pirates fall (whether Kaido is killed or captured), the WG and Marines will go after Yamato like how they went after Ace anyway, so its best if she left with the straw hats.

2. Suppose Yamato does leave Wano, she most likely to join the straw hats than leave on her own. All her life she's probably grown up in Wano for as long as she can remember. she won't be able to go solo and explore the world all be herself, she most likely has zero experience in navigation and sailing.

3. Yamato ain't weak or useless and can actually fight. She was able to take down Ulti in one hit, right now id rank her above the mid trio. This is good news because it shows that Oda will be able to give her 1v1 fights in the future like he does for the monster trio, unlike poor robin. Carrot couldn't beat Daifuku and Nami is always given powerful buffs like Zeus and climatact to one shot fodders, its a problem that Carrot, Nami, Robin all share, they are just fodder sweepers now. Yamato is at least strong enough for Oda to give her 1v1 fights.

4. Luffy is the first person that Yamato met, just a check off that happened with every other straw hat that joined before.

5. She has a sad backstory, child abuse. Was constantly beaten up by her papa as a kid. Much sadder than Carrot losing Pedro.

6. She's a girl, and a hot one at that. With jinbe already joining, another girl like Yamato is needed so the crew doesn't become such a sausage fest. And yes, compared to Carrot, Yamato is hotter, at least she doesn't look like Chopper.

7. Her connection with Ace may also be a reason. We haven't seen her full backstory yet, but i've just read the official Viz Translation and yes Yamato does indeed ask Luffy to join his crew, its not a mistranslation. She literally says and i quote: "So speaking as Oden Kozuki, I've followed the proper logic that says, as Ace's brother, you should be giving me a ride on your ship" Source here: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-985/chapter/20882?action=read

Mind you, the same thing also happened with Tama, Tama/Oden/Yamato all asked to be able to join pirate crews, Oden was the first to succeed by joining Whitebeard's crew, and I believe that Yamato will be the second by joining Luffy's crew. I'm not counting Izo since he hitched on the ride by accident. Tama also asked to join Ace's crew and likely Yamato did the same, but they were both probably too young at the time. Now Yamato is grown up and she wants to get her chance to explore the world, just like how Oden was able to.

8. I don't buy the 'weak dream' argument, its no weaker than 'Carrot should join because Pedro died', also what about ussop and he's 'to become a brave warrior of the sea?'

9. Design, some people say she isn't unique enough. I disagree. She's a melee fighter unlike Nami and robin. She looks taller than both of them. She has horns.

10. Role in the crew, doesn't have one yet but im sure Oda can just make one up. i mean for the record a 'sniper' like Ussop isn't mandatory in a pirate crew either, he still joined. Carrot was easily given the reason to join so she can be a lookout, Yamato can fulfill that same role just the same. She's tall, and just like Carrot she hasn't seen much of the outside world, i'd think her being the lookout would be pretty easy and come very naturally for her. We also haven't seem what Yamato is good at other than her strength, so its too early to say, maybe she has a talent honed after being locked away for so long, sneaking and lock picking maybe?

Edit: I'm just gonna edit this one in as people have bought up this new issue they have with Yamato that I didn't see before and that it is the argument that we are too far into the arc for Yamato to be developed enough to be a Straw Hat. Again I disagree, Yamato can be further developed even after she joins the crew. It happened with Robin, Oda could easily do it the same for Yamato.

#YamatoforStrawHat :optimistic:

Last edited:

You mean hancock template, as Robin looked totally different pre timeskio with different proportions and face etc.

Oda turned Robin into hancock post timeskip because hancok is popular.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
lmao it cracks me up when i read some comments "Yamato looks JUST like Nami except eyes, hair, horns"... so basically you gave many differentiation points, yet still argue they look too similar? what a joke... meh anyway personally I lover her design and can't find any doppleganger-like similarities~ don't stop at the face but consider her general appearance incl. colors, cloths, personality, fighting style, etc.

i dont see that happening but i'd find it extremely funny if Oda have Sanji or someone else in the crew mention something like "oh her face is like Nami but everything else is so different"

Status
Not open for further replies.