News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Think back to what Sentinel said, Go arguably dealt with Drake (who is relative to WsW) easier than Jimbei did. The Kamikaze feat isn't being disregarded for Izo, I have to rate Izo higher than Drake because of it. But it's just not enough, especially being offpanel.

Did you see what the anime made of it? I can't see something like this warranting placing Izo above or equal to Mr.Go.

When someone is sacrificing themselves Oda won't let them go out without something to show for it.
I hear you. If anything Go's endurance should have him clear of these character's tier.

It's still hard to picture him "low diffing" Izo taking everything into account.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
@Gol D. Roger I think we haven't seen your take on this. I think it's super obvious that Fuji getting a saijo and Aramaki getting a Black Blade is hard proof that they're above Oden when you stack their fruits on top of that.

Like. You could make a case they're superior to Oden fruitless because they're ranked as superior swordsman by the level of blade they're carrying. Every Saijo user is undoubtedly above Oden so are the two Black Blade users. Why would that change for the Admirals.

Also both are based on legendary swordsman

I know Oden's PL is super important to Kaido fans specifically but nobody can tell me this isn't a huge wtf moment for Oden fans when bro is a full time swordsman and the hero of the long anticipated Samurai arc.
Superior blades are just an added advantage to the user's power as far as I am concerned. Just having superior blade doesn't make you stronger/weaker than the other swordsman. The most I can say is that those with renowned swords, whoever it may be, are deeply linked to swordsmanship. Fujitora, as I've always said, is a swordsman despite being a DF user. I do think they're stroger than Oden, but it's not because they supposedly have special swords.

As for Black Blades, they may count as a power up for those who achieve it. It's not beyond an admiral to achieve and have a Black Blade. I don't know if GB has a black blade, but he's definitely strong enough to have one. Some characters who I think are swordsmen don't have black blades, yet they're stronger than Mihawk or are on par with him. So having a blade blade doesn't warrant a place above Oden. It applies particularly to Zoro/Oden, because they're both directly linked through Enma.

Kizaru was devastated after killing Punk. We can see him breathing heavily in the panels following the finishing blow. He also didn't get caught in a 1v2 context either since he was about to chase Sanji and wasn't paying attention to Luffy.

When actually facing off against G5, Kizaru was effective at parrying his attacks and dashing out of pressure. Fact that Luffy only managed to find a single opening for a clean hit on him (and that at the very limits of his stamina) speaks volumes about Kizaru's skill.
All of these are excuses whom kizaru himself debunks that he wasn't slacking off before or after killing his friend

Fought casual g5 and ended up rethinking life
Then got dominated 1v2

That's not real deal

Guernica’s situation is very similar to aokiji’s , kuzan was referred as the strongest military force of navy ( which has been in fujitora’s vivre card too iirc )

it doesn’t refer to the individual himself but rather his position as an admiral
Post automatically merged:

I can see where you're coming from with the endurance point at least. His feats in that aspect are legit with nothing in the manga explicitly putting them into question.

Think what we disagree on is the Izo situation and the implications of that is why we see different scenes as outliers. I honestly see no reason why a "kamikaze ready" mentality changes what a character is capable of. The fighter's abilities are the exact same, they would just be more willing to put their lives on the line to get the opening they need. If Izo is capable of outpacing someone in a 1v2, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't be able to do so in a 1v1. The kamikaze move here was entirely a product of the fight being 1v2 since there would have been nobody to jump Izo after he floored Mr. Go in a normal exchange.

"It doesn't count because Izo was going kamikaze" simply doesn't sound very logical to me so I cannot just disregard the whole thing and how it portrayed Go. Add Izo's injured state on top of that as well as the verbal acknowledgement that Drake was no pushover in the 2v4 (coupled with bleeding and huffing) and what Mr. Go pulled on the rooftop is the feat that stands out to me as a weird outlier.
Mentally nerfed and now
Kamikaze buff :shocked:

Last edited:
Guernica’s situation is very similar to aokiji’s , kuzan was referred as the strongest military force of navy ( which has been in fujitora’s vivre card too iirc )

it doesn’t refer to the individual himself but rather his position as an admiral
Post automatically merged:

Mentally nerfed and now
Kamikaze buff :shocked:
So Guernica ~ Lucci

If they are relevant what do u zoroboys think about Vista, Issho and ushimaru being confirmed Dai kengou and shanks not?
:kobeha:
the rat hasn’t even been mentioned as a kengou in vivre cards and u expect me to talk abt these shitty dai kengous?
They are relevant to some degree, just not as relevant as the manga
We’ve known this for years
:specialmeh:
Correction :
They are only relevant to some degree if they match my agenda
Otherwise :sanjino: