Character Discussion Is anyone else getting Tried of the lack of Training and initiative?

Two years for 30+ yr vets is not nearly enough. Luffy couldn’t fight a top tier after that.
Well, Rayleigh already said that haki develops better in actual battles, so they might get much stronger just by fighting strong opponents... Luffy got MUCH stronger with just a few weeks battling in the New World (especially against Katakuri and Kaido) than with his 2 years of training.

I know it's disappointing, but the SHs will probably get some zenkais to boost their power.

Well, Rayleigh already said that haki develops better in actual battles, so they might get much stronger just by fighting strong opponents... Luffy got MUCH stronger with just a few weeks battling in the New World (especially against Katakuri and Kaido) than with his 2 years of training.

I know it's disappointing, but the SHs will probably get some zenkais to boost their power.
I understand that but the vast majority of them don’t have haki to improve. They don’t seem to even know it exists.

I don't get why emperors don't fight commanders and admirals don't fight vice admirals for them to get the haki bloom,
There's nothing at stake.
They will never be motivated enough lol.
They know they won't kill them. , so they won't try that hard either.
I believe haki bloom is like adrenaline rush.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
You guys need to keep in mind they are most times on the sea, sailing to the next island. These are days and even weeks only on the sea, which we as reader simply skip. In that timeframe, it’s logical all of them are improving themselves in some way all the time. We simply skip it.

They don't need it

Not every member needs to be heavy hitters we saw in Wano that the rest of the crew can hold their own, hell in Egghead we saw Franky literally one tap a vice admiral

Do they still have room to improve yes of course each of them can work on something but we don't need to stop and have a whole training session

They'll get stronger as they fight stronger opponents and progress

But the entire crew doesn't need to be top tier monsters
The problem is that it makes no sense for them to be that strong. They just are because Oda writes them that way. It isn't really explained why they can't keep put with veteran level fighters even if they can't use haki, which is said to be the key to real strenght.
There's nothing at stake.
They will never be motivated enough lol.
They know they won't kill them. , so they won't try that hard either.
I believe haki bloom is like adrenaline rush.

Last edited:
We are at the Final Stretch and most of the crew doesn't seem ready for it. Only the Top Four are able to hold their own against the top tiers. And I don't think that is going to change. Because the Strawhats don't training or take the initiative to get stronger.
Been saying this for a while.

Usoop is a BUM. If I was oda I would have sogeking return. Also have it where he learns 2 abilities of the rokoushik, that being shigan and kami-e. Also give him advanced observation (future sight) with basic armament haki. And have utilize GUNS when needed. Him knowing shigan can make him a sniper even if he doesn't have a weapon while also giving him a way to fight CQC if forced. Also stacking kami-e onto of future sight gives him the ability to dodge gracefully if forced in close quarters

Chopper is a wild card. Oda needs to have Chopper train up his base so that his monster point could be that much stronger. Also at this point Chopper not having an awakening is silly. Hsi awakening can be monster point but condensed to be much smaller like a human thus increasing his speed while still haing the physical power of monster point. The dude also needs basic haki in armament and observation

Nami needs to learn Soru. Her having that along with what she already does with her clima tact and Zeus would be extrenel5 affective. Also give her basic armament and observation haki and she good to go

Robin I think already has awakening. She now also has a bit of Fishman karate and a novice use of the dragon claw fist. At this point all she needs is armament and observation haki and she will be fine.

Franky already has so much damn potential. Use of powering up himself with green blood instead of cola. Creating optic sensors in his eyes to replicate observation haki. Potential sea stone gauntlets to his fruit users. Increase mobility and speed with added boosters to his feet. Basic armament and observation haki. Turning HIS GENERAL FRANKY INTO AN ACTUAL GUNDAM.

Brook needs awakening which would like allow him to do even crazier stuff with souls and ice. Also basic observation and armament haki.

Zoro needs to learn rankyaku, but instead of using it with his feet he uses it with his hands and arms. This makes zoro whole fighting style that of a swordsman even if he doesn't have a sword/blade. Even in his zero sword style he can still cut

Sanji coincidentally should also learn rankyaku but ofcourse only use it with his legs

Last edited:
We are at the Final Stretch and most of the crew doesn't seem ready for it. Only the Top Four are able to hold their own against the top tiers. And I don't think that is going to change. Because the Strawhats don't training or take the initiative to get stronger.
I think thats kind of the point? Not every single member of the crew is this immense powerhouse.

And even then, the same goes for the other side. Look how easily Franky and others trashed the Vice Admirals this arc.

The only "real" concern is the weakling trio, but Oda likes that setup evidently. I dont think Usopp is meant to be weak forever, but his theme is bravery, not power. Nami these days is fucking broken and Chopper is.....well. lol.

Not really concerned for Brook, Robin, Franky or Jinbe in this regard either.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why should Nami, be a top tier?

They can be fodders and still have plot at their side, Nami in a 1 vs 1 would never defeat Ulti and look what happened.

Characters train offscreen, and some characters are never meant to be that strong. For ex Nami will never be as strong as Alabasta Croc