Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
That's because

1. the show sucked
2. The majority of star wars fans are male lol

It's like making a Barbie movie specifically aimed at men lmao.
1) Make a product that deliberately doesn't appeal to the core audience in an attempt to replace them with a new one.
2) Get upset when the core audience doesn't watch the show(bonus points when the director and actors tells them not to watch)
3) Profit

Yeah, my question was badly asked. The problem with badly written women by men are mainly the sexist tropes, the sexualization and the invisibilisation of women, so the question should rather be, do you get any of those tropes in those character from women as writers ?
Yeah you do, men are hyper sexualized in these genres. Going back to Twilight Jacob always was shirtless and/or had tight clothes highlighting his muscular build.

I don't see anything fundamentally sexist here. Just simple bad writing. (it's seems the note book was quite a bad movie overall about relationships)
I think there's some benevolent sexism is some writing done by women, idk if the notebook is one but yeah I just mainly used it to show you how bad the romance genre is when it comes to writing men at times.

But those people ARE watching the product that are not made for them. It's not the content that is at fault here (aside from the fact that it need simply better writers), it people who blame woke politics when they see one boring show.
I think you're confusing your average watcher with anti woke people who get paid to shit on things.

Fun fact : Reactionnaries LOVED Dune 2, they even said that it was an anti woke movie.

Spoiler : It's more woke and politically ULTRA MEGA GIGA more progressive than ALL star wars last shows combined (at the exception of Andor).
I literally point out that bad writing plays a role in shows being bad lol

I don't understand why companies targets such a niche and then expect to make profit
Because you don't understand that representations are not only for minorities, but for everyone else as well.

Put one conservative old white couple in a small white village of 300 for 20 years. Make them watch hardcore white conservative channels for all this time. Make them live in an environment where everyone is white, in precarity and votes for conservatives. Now, make a black young man move in in the village as their neighboor.

What do you think will happen ? Well.. I think we both know it.

Now, take the same scenario, but this time include black conservative people in the channel and the polls this couple are watching and supporting everyday. And make the black young man move in.

Chances are that the reactions will be very different.

That's the power of representation and that's what people don't understand here. Representation are not made only for LGBTQI+, black people or women. They are made for straight white cis people to start to understand that those people exist and thus, should not attack them when they see them.

Going back to Twilight Jacob always was shirtless and/or had tight clothes highlighting his muscular build.
This is male gaze, that's made for men, not for women bra.

Why do you think Zoro fans love Shirtless Zoro so much or e ven Dragon Ball character ? Muscles are not made for women in general, but made to appeal to men. (and a few thirsty women)

I think there's some benevolent sexism is some writing done by women, idk if the notebook is one but yeah I just mainly used it to show you how bad the romance genre is when it comes to writing men at times.
It's just a bland character not a sexist one. Actually, I just checked, and the guy is quite a good representation of masculinity (even if the message of the show seems very toxic)

I think you're confusing your average watcher with anti woke people who get paid to shit on things.
I'm only telling you what I saw. The VAST majority of critics have nothing to do with the actual quality of the show, but the "woke agenda".

I literally point out that bad writing plays a role in shows being bad lol
Yeah, I didn't disagree.

Because it's a product made to brainwash people, not to profit from it.
More positive representation = brainwashing with those people..

:kayneshrug:

Because you don't understand that representations are not only for minorities, but for everyone else as well.

Put one conservative old white couple in a small white village of 300 for 20 years. Make them watch hardcore white conservative channels for all this time. Make them live in an environment where everyone is white, in precarity and votes for conservatives. Now, make a black young man move in in the village as their neighboor.

What do you think will happen ? Well.. I think we both know it.

Now, take the same scenario, but this time include black conservative people in the channel and the polls this couple are watching and supporting everyday. And make the black young man move in.

Chances are that the reactions will be very different.

That's the power of representation and that's what people don't understand here. Representation are not made only for LGBTQI+, black people or women. They are made for straight white cis people to start to understand that those people exist and thus, should not attack them when they see them.

Why do you think Zoro fans love Shirtless Zoro so much or e ven Dragon Ball character ? Muscles are not made for women in general, but made to appeal to men. (and a few thirsty women)

It's just a bland character not a sexist one. Actually, I just checked, and the guy is quite a good representation of masculinity (even if the message of the show seems very toxic)

I'm only telling you what I saw. The VAST majority of critics have nothing to do with the actual quality of the show, but the "woke agenda".

Yeah, I didn't disagree.

More positive representation = brainwashing with those people..

:kayneshrug:
I don't remember asking the opinion of the local madman.

I don't remember asking the opinion of the local madman.
I don't remember asking for your approval.

says we don't understand anything and then agrees with what we say

Logiko 101 moments
> Transforms my "and that's what you don't understand" in "he says we don't understand anything"
> Proceeds to invisibilize the fact that I disagree and agree with two different things

Classic AL

:myman:

Yeah this is actual cope. There's some validity to "male gaze vs female gaze" but to act like women don't thirst over muscular men is probably the dumbest and so out of touch part of that whole discourse. I grew up around women. A big sister and cousins around my age, they all thirsted over muscular men lmao. Girl talk included muscular men as much as any boy talk includes shaped women. The people who think women don't care for muscular men are probably lesbians lmao.

Yes in those franchises muscular men appeal to the power fantasy men want, just like a independent woman with handsome men thirstying over her is part of the female fantasy. But those are franchises specifically aimed at young men. Twilight is unabashedly aimed at women, so is 50 shades of grey, the notebook etc.

aka I read essays written by women explaining why this character disliked by men is actually a good representation of them

I was talking about the audience, views and what not. Not what some critic have to say. Critics of media are also poisoned by the culture war.

Yeah this is actual cope.
Well, make a poll to 10000 women and ask them if seeing mascular men in fiction excite them. I'm sure you will prove me wrong.

but to act like women don't thirst over muscular men is probably the dumbest and so out of touch part of that whole discourse.
I literally told you that some women looked at it with thirst, why are you trying to make me say something I didn't ?

Girl talk included muscular man as much as any boy talk includes shaped women
I'm sorry but I won't take your big sister and your cousin as a sample of what all women and girls want to see mate.

The people who think women don't care for muscular men are probably lesbians lmao.
No one said that. There are some women that like that. It's simply not a majority.

ust like a independent women with handsome men thirstying over her is part of the female fantasy
No it's not lol wtf. Do you feel like women love simp Sanji ?

Twilight is unabashedly aimed at women, so is 50 shades of grey, the notebook etc.
Indeed, and even their, a lot of the representations of men (even written by women) are aimed toward the male gaze

aka I read essays written by women explaining why this character disliked by men is actually a good representation of them
No. What I talked about are traits that men are praising to.

You can check this video talking about Newt for ex:

I was talking about the audience, views and what not. Not what some critic have to say. Critics of media are also poisoned by the culture war.
I'm not talking about some random critics but the thousands of tweets I saw about the show.

And in 3... 2... 1... comes to "Psychophobia" :suresure:
Well.. it's note like we are not used to that here

Well, make a poll to 10000 women and ask them if seeing mascular men in fiction excite them. I'm sure you will prove me wrong.
Sure. I am willing to bet if we poll average women they'll say yes.

I literally told you that some women looked at it with thirst, why are you trying to make me say something I didn't ?
You said a few, I'm willing to bet is a majority. Women like eye candy, that is not a controversial statement.

I'm sorry but I won't take your big sister and your cousin as a sample of what all women and girls want to see mate.
You don't have to, I just used them as examples of your average woman. I am willing to bet they are more in touch with what a woman likes/wants than you.

No one said that. There are some women that like that. It's simply not a majority.
You said a few, that is just ridiculous.

No it's not lol wtf. Do you feel like women love simp Sanji ?
No, they love to simp Christian Gray, Edward Cullen, Jacob Black etc,
Indeed, and even their, a lot of the representations of men (even written by women) are aimed toward the male gaze
These movies are aimed at women, what don't you get about that?

I'm not talking about some random critics but the thousands of tweets I saw about the show.
You are making the same mistake execs make when appealing to audiences and end up tanking their shows

twitter isnt real life

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yeah this is actual cope. There's some validity to "male gaze vs female gaze" but to act like women don't thirst over muscular men is probably the dumbest and so out of touch part of that whole discourse. I grew up around women. A big sister and cousins around my age, they all thirsted over muscular men lmao. Girl talk included muscular men as much as any boy talk includes shaped women. The people who think women don't care for muscular men are probably lesbians lmao.

Yes in those franchises muscular men appeal to the power fantasy men want, just like a independent woman with handsome men thirstying over her is part of the female fantasy. But those are franchises specifically aimed at young men. Twilight is unabashedly aimed at women, so is 50 shades of grey, the notebook etc.

You should know(though you probably already do) that's he's extremely sexist against men. He constantly goes on about female struggles but whenever someone talks about the struggles and high suicide rate among men, he says "Boohoo. Poor men." Mocking them...

Not all muscular physiques are the same. The Twilight guy is eye candy for women, someone like Arnold appeals more to men. Guys in general wouldn't be that impressed with the physique of someone like Edward Cullen.
And in 3... 2... 1... comes to "Psychophobia" :suresure:

:BigW::BigW::BigW::BigW::BigW::BigW:
Cool song, was playing Sabbath today. \m/