Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeutralWatcher

Shiiiiiiet
So my crush from One Piece, Okiku is depicted after Okita Souji!
:steef:

I never once realized that

LMAO
Maybe Kinemon is depicted after Kondo
Both afterall are Gorillas LMAO
But in term of swordmanship I think Ashura or Denjiro is above Okiku lol. Okita Souji was known as the best swordman in Shinsengumi. I agree with Kinemon might be Kondo since Kondo was leader of Shinsengumi just like Kinemon.

Kanjuro might be based on Takeda Kanryusai since Takeda was a traitor just like Kanjuro.

Denjiro might be based on Hijikata, vice commander of Shinsengumi. Especially looking from this chapter that he and Kinemon charges side by side toward Kaido.

How much you wanna bet that the scarrabs' swords don't even go through, and that they are all gonna get clubbed by kaido next chapter?

:myman:

Next chapter we shall see if kaido's 'legendary' durability lives up to its name or not. :kayneshrug:

It's been a long time since kaido got slashed by oden, wonder if kaido did anything about that vulnerability in the years since? :kizabat:

Powerscaling makes no sense anymore. Kaido better not take damage, but I can see Oda pulling the cheap PTSD card to asspull them injuring him when even Luffy wasnt able to do so. "AIEEEEEE, IM SO SCARED OF ODEN"
Also King getting disarmed this easily worries me too, I expected him to be near Katakuri level if not stronger, yet he seems to be just as much of a disappointing fodder as Jack is.
Can't wait for Queen to lose to Axe Hand Morgan at this point.

Powerscaling makes no sense anymore. Kaido better not take damage, but I can see Oda pulling the cheap PTSD card to asspull them injuring him when even Luffy wasnt able to do so. "AIEEEEEE, IM SO SCARED OF ODEN"
Also King getting disarmed this easily worries me too, I expected him to be near Katakuri level if not stronger, yet he seems to be just as much of a disappointing fodder as Jack is.
Kaido is gonna take at least some damage for sure. A very small amount but he sure will. Right before getting hit, he said 'there's no way your swords are doing anything to me.' Now when this happens, the result always becomes quite obvious tbh. That's basic manga rhythms.

Kaido is gonna take at least some damage for sure. A very small amount but he sure will. Right before getting hit, he said 'there's no way your swords are doing anything to me.' Now when this happens, the result always becomes quite obvious tbh. That's basic manga rhythms.
Kaido being scared of Oden just came out of the left field. Guess Oda had to make something up for him to be beaten, even if its once again an asspull.

Get use to it.

Your headcannon does not = equal facts

Get use to it.

Your headcanon does not = equal facts
Scabbards are fodder, its not a headcanon. They have shown no noticable feats this far expect doing nothing but babbling on about their goal. I have never liked Kinemon since he was introduced in Punk Hazard.
Izo is also a literal who, who's able to stand up to King. I can just tell there will be no good fights in this arc. I miss the type of fights we got in Enies Lobby where it wasnt about having a battle last like only 2 punches and they were somewhat equal in power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.