Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Kaido of the 100 Ls the fuck on outta here. Imagine howling for help like the Beatles five minutes before talking reckless like you're going over to fade the marines :kriwhat:. I'm super excited for Pero and Marco tho, I'm surprised that smoothie and Daifuku would be okay with this considering their little argument. I'm expecting top tier treachery this arc, that clown Kanjuuro isn't enough

Now that i think about it. Kaido has 4 horns in his dragon form, different from momo. I always thought his 2 horns come from his dragon form .-. So it's probably just accessory. Wait or maybe natural??

If so, then kaido is maybe a hybrid of 2% human, 1% bull, 1% gorilla, 1% catfish (xD), and 95% other animal. Hence, hundred beast kaido :kaimoji:

I must really agree with @Jo_Ndule at this point.
King is basically a background character who get less screentime then Jack and Queen, he didn´t even get his own small arc like the other two(zou arc for Jack and Udon arc for Queen) and right now he became to a another Smoothie.
Far away how I view the portrayal of a YC1, as compare Katakuri was portrayal as a god at the tea party, get enough screentime and action, but King totally fail in this one.

I really hope Oda change it and King get his own shine/feats. He need it because right now he is just a another character who gonna get defeat without any character building while Jack and Queen get enough character building.
If the raid fail I can see King doing also great feats and defeat some strong characters, also we see his own small arc similar to Jack and Queen. If not King will be a another Smoothie.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
I completely agree with you on this point, couldn’t have said it better myself. However, what about what other samurai think about Yamato? Why isn’t Oda focusing on this aspect?

Let’s say luffy sees the good in people or gave Yamato the benefit of the doubt ... what about the Samurai (especially RS)?

why aren’t they being skeptical of her? There’s nothing they know about her to prove she’s to be trusted. In fact it’s the complete opposite, she’s Kaido’s daughter, the Monster who killed their master, wouldn’t it be logical to at least make the RS Suspicious of her at least for the few moments before they flew off with Kaido?

why is Oda giving her a free pass on all of that?

it just adds to the already pilling complaints about Oda Forcing Yamato into the story without question marks asked about her like other characters.
I've read all your other posts bro, and I respect your opinion on the matter, but here is my take/how i see things (to add on what @Jew D. Boy already said👍)

- First, dont forget that Yamato told Luffy about Ace in previous chapters ^^ we don't know whether they talked more about it offscreen or not (which is possible considering how Luffy changed behavior), but she didn't mention about him in a bad way so that's probably a good enough reason for Luffy to trust her for now... or at least not see her as an ennemy!

- Kinemon in that chapter shows how the scabbards believe Luffy more than anyone else, and put their entire trust on him ; and for me that also includes not questioning his judgement on other people!

- Why would they be skeptical on Yamato? It's a raid so no one (not even the calamities and Kaido himself) is realizing what's going on... but someone from the enemy side is seemingly willing to fight along them/also aiming at Kaido's neck? Considering the situation, i wouldn't really question the why or how, and just gladly welcome anyone willing to help

- The part about her being Kaido's daughter, in last chapter she yelled how she no longer considers him her dad, and in this chapter says she doesn't care what happens to him... from the samurai's perspective, who are present, they just see someone fighting against F6! And actually, I doubt the scabbards themselves have witnessed any of that

This is just not the actual translation of the passage...
Post automatically merged:

Few scabbards definitively have to die, One Piece has to become a bit more adult, a bit darker, a bit more "real", you just can't go all in war, and not lose some of your strongest men while you take out all the enemy's force.
Why are you saying that One piece is for adults? Just because some 40 year old baby wants to see blood and gore, Oda wouldn't change the genre of his manga. You know that in Japan and Europe parents will get mad if they knew their children are reading stuff that has the concept of "death" in it right? They might sue Oda for traumatizing their children for life

One piece is originally for ages 3-7

Why are you saying that One piece is for adults? Just because some 40 year old baby wants to see blood and gore, Oda wouldn't change the genre of his manga. You know that in Japan and Europe parents will get mad if they knew their children are reading stuff that has the concept of "death" in it right? They might sue Oda for traumatizing their children for life

Is this a joke? The manga is aimed a 15 year old boys, that has been mentioned by Oda multiple times. Also read Bleach lol, the manga's final arc went to some really, REALLY weird places. It was very sexual at points (I recall the Zombie sternritter biting at the stomach of the another girl and she was licking her bare skin before trying to rip off her stomach), extremely gorey and had depictions of god-like beings that were very "evil" looking through the sternritter. That manga was in the same magazine.

What

Is this a joke? The manga is aimed a 15 year old boys, that has been mentioned by Oda multiple times. Also read Bleach lol, the manga's final arc went to some really, REALLY weird places. It was very sexual at points (I recall the Zombie sternritter biting at the stomach of the another girl and she was licking her bare skin before trying to rip off her stomach), extremely gorey and had depictions of god-like beings that were very "evil" looking through the sternritter. That manga was in the same magazine.
Don't forget HxH and TLR lol

Status
Not open for further replies.