Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m for Jinbe, Yamato, Carrot and Vivi for final straw hats. We don’t have much time to get to know new characters as the series is near its end.
I agree. But surely following this logic Yamato joining makes no sense? She's a brand new character that's missed the entire saga so far and was introduced less than 5 chapters ago. Like you said, the series is near its end. Jinbe's already a crew member, but he'd been in the story from Impel Down and only just joined. Carrot's likely being set up to join as she's been in the story from Zou. Vivi's been in the story for ages, but Yamato was only just introduced with no build up.
Post automatically merged:

So as expected, the nickname "Yamao" is sticking, despite Yamato protesting it before. But in addition to that, in the place of the scabbards who are fighting, Yamato has been sent off to protect Momo alongside Shinobu. This is pointing towards the direction of the two developing a relationship. Especially after that batty shit she said about being his father. The idea of Yamato becoming stand in shogun gains a bit more ground, but we still need to see what comes of this.

Also in this chapter Franky and Brook arrived, (in excellent fashion). So now out of the straw hats, the only ones missing are Zoro, Sanji, Usopp and Chopper. Zoro's very close by, Usopp and Chopper are trying to get to the main stage, and Sanji is close too (albeit very occupied).

With the majority of the crew there, I wonder if we'll get a straw hats vs Big Mom moment like how the scabbards are facing Kaido right now.

Also of note, Carrot's sulong has been saved. All of the other minks are up fighting Kaido but Oda's kept Carrot with Nami and the rest of the crew down at the stage next to Big Mom. Perospero could appear next chapter so there's that. Either way, Luffy still hasn't seen any mink go Sulong, so Carrot could very likely be the only one, given that the rest of the tribe is separated on the dome and we KNOW what his reaction will be like if he sees that.

Last edited:
This. Yamato clearly has some trauma in relation to identity. When its resolved, then I think Luffy will use Yamato instead.
Waiting for this to happen. If ever this happens, or some sort of back story how she ended up living as Oden and some light on her relationship with Kaido and her personal struggles, that would probably nail her inclusion as the next strawhat.

But this could actually be one of Oda’s way of making us think of her joining the crew but actually planning a different end game for her. Haha.

This. Yamato clearly has some trauma in relation to identity. When its resolved, then I think Luffy will use Yamato instead.
Where are you seeing trauma exactly? In fact, she was pretty upset that Luffy didn't even say her real name right the first time he properly addressed her. I don't see her idolization of Oden being something linked to trauma of her identity.

I think the Straw Hats organisation will greatly resemble the Big Mom pirates-

2 co-founders- Luffy & Zoro. BM & Streusen.

Headliner who arguably has more authority than a commander- Nami. Perospero.

YC1- Sanji. Katakuri.

YC2- Yamato. Smoothie.

YC3- Jinbei. Cracker.

YC4- Robin. Snack.

Big strong headliner with Giant genie/mech- Franky. Daifuku.

Tall thin swordsman Headliner with stylish hat- Brook. Amande.

Strong rabbit warrior- Carrot. Randolph.

Strong warrior who can change form to animal variants- Chopper. Tamago.

Beloved character who is used as comic relief- Usopp. Brûlée.

I still think 4 from each seas make sense. Monster, mid and weak quartet is a logical option (Luffy is not included, he is considered as captain)

1- Luffy
2- Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, Yamato
3- Franky, Brook, Carrot, Robin
4- Nami, Chopper, Usopp, ?

The only thing is how you can fill ? Vivi is an option but she strikes me as way too weak compared to Nami, Chopper and Usopp.
Maybe Carrot can be placed in weak quartet, though in that case we would need a nakama for the middle.

I think the Straw Hats organisation will greatly resemble the Big Mom pirates-

2 co-founders- Luffy & Zoro. BM & Streusen.

Headliner who arguably has more authority than a commander- Nami. Perospero.

YC1- Sanji. Katakuri.

YC2- Yamato. Smoothie.

YC3- Jinbei. Cracker.

YC4- Robin. Snack.

Big strong headliner with Giant genie/mech- Franky. Daifuku.

Tall thin swordsman Headliner - Brook. Amande.

Strong rabbit warrior- Carrot. Randolph.

Strong warrior who can change form to animal variants- Chopper. Tamago.

Beloved character who is used as comic relief- Usopp. Brûlée.
Forgot Oven lol :D

1-Luffy (Roger)
2-Zoro, Sanji, Yamato, Jinbei (Rayleigh, Scopper, Oden, Sunbell or Bullet if you consider him as canon (which as far as I know is not))
3-Franky, Brook, Carrot, Robin (Nozdon, Taro?, dunno these two lol)
4-Nami, Chopper, Usopp, last nakama? (?,?,Buggy :D, ?)

Though BMP system also makes sense. :goyea:

Status
Not open for further replies.