ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaku also was able to use 4 swords at once,

Queens main weapon imo is he mechanical arm and his ability to create chemical weapons

What the hell is a neck based sword user? Never heard that terminology before
He has two swords on his waist, yes his mechanical arm will give him a strength boost in that arm, and he may punch with it for attack variety, but he is a nitoryu user.
1/3 of Santoryu is neck strength based, this would be a dream fruit for Zoro if Wado enlarged due to one piece toon force.:suresure:

@Admiral Lee Hung @ShishioIsBack @comrade @playa4321 @HA001

You guys' thoughts about this particular moment? It seems like Sanji was temporarily koed for real and despite his RS saving his life, he seems pretty beaten up.

King just used his beak, no fire techniques, no hybrid form attack and no sword and he still wrecked Sanji like that. Imo it's a very impressive feat which is definitely comparable to Katakuri knocking Ichiji out.
Nope, just a fall...he crashed into wall and came back ...you can see nothing much happened to Sanji other than some bruises

I'm a Zoro fan (not fanboy), I want him to have a 1vs1 rather than just slashing Kaido a few times while Luffy does most of the heavy lifting in both mobility, combat and damage.
I don't see Queen as being weaker than King, just has a different skillset that is more suited to fighting Zoro.
Neither Queen or King have a fighting style/abilities *suited* to Zoro, which is probably why Oda will have him clash with them and then proceed to fighting Kaido. Swordsmen vs Dragon is a classic trope.

Congratulations to those who said that the Numbers are the results of the experiments to try to replicate Ancient Giants by the World Government.

It makes me wonder about who was in charge of Punk Hazard at the time and whenever the WG wanted nothing to do with the Numbers despite them being still stronger and stronger than normal giants or if the guy in charge was corrupted enough to sell giants monsters to an ennemy of the Government such as Kaido.
You have to remember that Wano is a big supplier of seastone to the World Government.

Take some lab rejects, trade them in from some seastone. Not a bad deal. At the start of Wano, the CP0 were haggling over Vegapunk himself with Orochi which is far more outrageous. Kaido might be only Yonko the WG makes these kind of deals with.

The Numbers seem entirely dysfunctional right now. It could be the booze. They are not leading troops or becoming the front line fighters, these drunks just show up whenever they want and smack their own men. Does the Navy really want officers like that? Even using them as gatekeepers in Impel Down might lead to more trouble than stabilitiy, provided they can even fit through the front door.

The bigger loss is for the Beast Pirates. Kaido wants a crew entirely made up of Devil Fruit users, yet he's selling seastone to his greatest enemy. But he's the man who was convinced by Doflamingo to become the exclusive consumer of SMILE. The Numbers could just be one more iffy deal in a long history for Kaido, but I would like to think it was an underground deal with a corrupt member of the WG. Like the deal Nezumi and Arlong had going, or Doflamingo and his insider Vergo.

Sigh...

Oda's treatment of Big Mom is a real disaster, even if she is one of the most powerful characters in One Piece he won't stop nerfing and clowning her so the Straw Hats can survive and look good. It's really one of if not the worst of Oda's writing.

It makes me really wonder how Oda's mind works and for what purpose he made her come to Wano if he's continuing using her in such a poor and ridiculous way.
She's not nerfed here though, she's just being clowned... being clowned DOES NOT EQUAL to being nerfed...
I find it weird with people excessively using the "Big Mom nerfed" when it's just simply being clowned despite the strength she has

Neither Queen or King have a fighting style/abilities *suited* to Zoro, which is probably why Oda will have him clash with them and then proceed to fighting Kaido. Swordsmen vs Dragon is a classic trope.
Queen is a strength based durability freak Nitoryu user with possibly the second strongest strength boost Zoan after Kaido's, second neck user after Kaku.
Hybrid Kaido doesn't suit Zoro at all, he's a brawler/ club user.

Status
Not open for further replies.