Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn’t Sanji and luffy Try save Nami and ussop themselves? Since you see the fight to be impossible for them handle. Why didn’t other character step in order help them Or save them? It might be possible Oda has some creative way On how to deal with their opponents. It takes more than just brute force to win a fight it sometimes requires strategy and Outsmarting their opponents.
Because oda wo nt be using ulti as a threat
Post automatically merged:

I thought this thread was supposed to talk about new sh member, instead I only found people arguing about the soon-to-be meme-y fights lmao
Every realises there is no new nakama

My fingers right now after liking everybody's posts during the last 40 pages

OT: Why is nobody talk about the best SH aka Vivi?:lusalty:No? Just me?:josad:
I have talked about her possible returning to the straw hats

As for vivi why I think return her family has been mention multiple times through kaido’s saga characters like donflamingo mention her family not part of 20 kingdoms. As well the elder stars consider them to be traitors. Ima seems have photo of her that he is holding. According Garp there was an incident that happened alabasta that weren’t aware. Morgan said, an assassination and an assassination attempt. We don’t know what it is. It’s has me fan worried the fate of vivi. On top if we go by official one piece vivi alongside all the straw hats.

This sounds quite a bit like the arguments used to dismiss Jinbe all those years ago. He had a personality of loyalty, cool-headedness and determination, but plenty of folks said he wasn't dynamic or interesting enough to be one of the Straw Hats.

Likewise, Carrot is passionate, excitable, loves adventure and battle, and shows curiosity about all kinds of things. Just because you don't like her personality doesn't mean she lacks one, nor would it be a mismatch for the crew.
If that's all there was to Jinbei's personality, then he would be a shallow character like Carrot and he wouldn't have joined the crew.

Whether someone like or dislike Jinbei's initial character personality, they should be able to appreciate the extent of his character development and complexity. The same can't be said about Carrot because Oda didn't put any of his creative talent in her. She's dull or doll, pick whatever letter suits you the most.

If Yamato does end up joining, I can see her taking on the position of that of an Apprentice.

As far as we know, Yamato has been trapped on Onigashima for the last 20 years since she was 8. This doesn’t give her a whole lot of options in terms of learning new skills and figuring out what she really wants to do with her life. I think the whole “wanting to be Oden” thing is just her way of compensating for that and is kind of an escape for her.

With that being said, I still believe that she will continue to see Oden as a role model but will no longer try to literally BE him. I believe she will be inspired by Oden’s adventures so that she can find her place in the world. What better way to learn new skill than as an Apprentice under the Straw Hats. Her gag would probably be her trying to mimic her crewmates’ mannerisms like she used to do with Oden. And it makes for a bit of a soft parallel with her father as Kaido himself was an Apprentice under the Rocks Pirates.

Here is why I don’t believe the hypothetical Apprentice position will be held by either Momo or Tama. The two people Luffy is directly influenced by and looks up to the most are Shanks and Ace. Both of them rejected a child from boarding their ship, Shanks with young Luffy and Ace with Tama respectively. Because of this, I don’t believe Luffy will act any differently. Plus the fights in the new world are only going to get harder and the SHs won’t have the time or energy to be babysitting 8 year olds.

With that being said, I do believe if the Apprentice position ever ends up being filled at some point, Yamato seems like the strongest candidate. This is because she is proven to being a capable fighter who will easily be able to hold her own against strong new world opponents.

If Yamato does end up joining, I can see her taking on the position of that of an Apprentice.

As far as we know, Yamato has been trapped on Onigashima for the last 20 years since she was 8. This doesn’t give her a whole lot of options in terms of learning new skills and figuring out what she really wants to do with her life. I think the whole “wanting to be Oden” thing is just her way of compensating for that and is kind of an escape for her.

With that being said, I still believe that she will continue to see Oden as a role model but will no longer try to literally BE him. I believe she will be inspired by Oden’s adventures so that she can find her place in the world. What better way to learn new skill than as an Apprentice under the Straw Hats. Her gag would probably be her trying to mimic her crewmates’ mannerisms like she used to do with Oden. And it makes for a bit of a soft parallel with her father as Kaido himself was an Apprentice under the Rocks Pirates.

Here is why I don’t believe the hypothetical Apprentice position will be held by either Momo or Tama. The two people Luffy is directly influenced by and looks up to the most are Shanks and Ace. Both of them rejected a child from boarding their ship, Shanks with young Luffy and Ace with Tama respectively. Because of this, I don’t believe Luffy will act any differently. Plus the fights in the new world are only going to get harder and the SHs won’t have the time or energy to be babysitting 8 year olds.

With that being said, I do believe if the Apprentice position ever ends up being filled at some point, Yamato seems like the strongest candidate. This is because she is proven to being a capable fighter who will easily be able to hold her own against strong new world opponents.
Basically well said.

I don’t like the idea of Yamato be an apprentice that doesn’t make sense the type character she is base on. She is character who would front line like luffy, zoro, sanji, and Jinbei. In terms being ready for fight. Her joining the crew would be given understanding the components and how things work Around the crew. Plus if you look At the weapon she uses you very well train in order to wield it and it’s quite heavy. She fits more combat Style character. Rather someone who is in the background

Last edited:
I don’t like the idea of Yamato be an apprentice that doesn’t make sense the type character she is base on. She is character who would front line luffy, zoro, sanji, and Jinbei. In terms being ready for fight. Her joining the crew would be given understanding The components and how things work Around the crew. Plus if you look At the she weapon uses you very well train in order to wield it and it’s quite heavy. She fits more combat Style character. Rather someone who is in the background
Indeed. Yamato is a Tankie Bruiser.

Luffy’s crew is supposed to be subversive.

Because how DARE we have the likes of Nami and Robin in the crew?

:myman:

Jokes aside, what harm would Carrot or Yamato bring to the crew just for being female? Plus, the Strawhats are already diverse enough already. Yet that’s a problem?
That’s exactly right the straw hats are very diverse that fans can relate to. All through out there world. The only thing missing for them is Tom boy like character among girls. They don’t need kid join them. If you Want someone relate to children go watch or read child anime. I believe children would end up finding a character that could relate to on there own. Since there character practically teenagers and adults.

Jokes aside, what harm would Carrot or Yamato bring to the crew just for being female? Plus, the Strawhats are already diverse enough already. Yet that’s a problem?
Generally speaking, having another female means another "burden" to Sanji during heavy battles...

And yes, it applies to Carrot who can't hold off her own against YC1s (easily stopped by Katakuri with a single stomp)...

That’s exactly right the straw hats are very diverse that fans can relate to. All through out there world. The only thing missing for them is a strong kid character. They don’t need girls join them. If you Want someone relate to girls go watch or read girls anime. I believe females would end up finding a character that could relate to on there own. Since there character practically many girls.
Fixed.
Post automatically merged:

Are you special in the head mate?!
We want more females, Screw the past.
You want more characters like Robin , who became background with no fights?

Status
Not open for further replies.