Character Discussion Thoughts on Kaido when he made his debut and Thoughts on him now

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Honestly at this point the suicide stuff just confuses me at this point

I don't really see an issue the oden or scabbard stuff
He never wanted to kill himself.
He just wants a flashy impactful death lile oden or wb.
That fall in his intro was not a suicide attempt. He knew kidd and co were below it was a set up.

S

Shuyaku

Honestly at this point the suicide stuff just confuses me at this point

I don't really see an issue the oden or scabbard stuff
I'm more confused on what his actual hype is. His intro makes it clear it's the fact he's UNKILLABLE that grants him his status, nothing about nobody being able to harm him, he already had the big visible scar from Oden and the fact he's been captured several times before which directly implies he's been hurt on several occasions.

But from the Luffy fight, you truly got the impression he can not be hurt period unless you have an extremely high skill set, and that his raw durability is his best asset. Which is now false as he's getting dog walked by characters weaker than Luffy, so go figure. What does he even have left to offer ?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I'm more confused on what his actual hype is. His intro makes it clear it's the fact he's UNKILLABLE that grants him his status, nothing about nobody being able to harm him, he already had the big visible scar from Oden and the fact he's been captured several times before which directly implies he's been hurt on several occasions.

But from the Luffy fight, you truly got the impression he can not be hurt period unless you have an extremely high skill set, and that his raw durability is his best asset. Which is now false as he's getting dog walked by characters weaker than Luffy, so go figure. What does he even have left to offer ?
A nice mustache ?

But from the Luffy fight, you truly got the impression he can not be hurt period unless you have an extremely high skill set. Which is now false as he's getting dog walked by characters weaker than Luffy, so go figure. What does he even have left to offer ?
I think the scabbard fight is to show us that in order to even really fight kaido you need to a specific type of armament. Like no matter how strong you are if you don't have it you wont be able to physically hurt him. Which means most people can't do shit to him

And now that we see the scabbards actually hurting him with it odas probably going to show us why just because you can hurt him doesn't really mean much. Probably once he finally gets out of his dragon form