Character Discussion Thoughts on Kaido when he made his debut and Thoughts on him now

I'm more confused on what his actual hype is. His intro makes it clear it's the fact he's UNKILLABLE that grants him his status, nothing about nobody being able to harm him, he already had the big visible scar from Oden and the fact he's been captured several times before which directly implies he's been hurt on several occasions.

But from the Luffy fight, you truly got the impression he can not be hurt period unless you have an extremely high skill set, and that his raw durability is his best asset. Which is now false as he's getting dog walked by characters weaker than Luffy, so go figure. What does he even have left to offer ?
his durability got a major focus as build up to this fight

Luffy is learning a technique to bypass his durability and damage him from the inside( which is completely different than what the scabbards are trying to do here), and we have Law who have an attack that destroy organs, and can ecen take his heart and stab it, its safe to assume his fight against luffy and supernova will be about how he can't be killed

Oda is focusing on how he can't be taken down, am sure Kaido have the means to beat them, he legit one shoted every opponent he faced, but the fight is not about that

S

Shuyaku

I think the scabbard fight is to show us that in order to even really fight kaido you need to a specific type of armament. Like no matter how strong you are if you don't have it you wont be able to physically hurt him. Which means most people can't do shit to him

And now that we see the scabbards actually hurting him with it odas probably going to show us why just because you can hurt him doesn't really mean much. Probably once he finally gets out of his dragon form
Makes sense.

his durability got a major focus as build up to this fight

Luffy is learning a technique to bypass his durability and damage him from the inside( which is completely different than what the scabbards are trying to do here), and we have Law who have an attack that destroy organs, and can ecen take his heart and stab it, its safe to assume his fight against luffy and supernova will be about how he can't be killed

Oda is focusing on how he can't be taken down, am sure Kaido have the means to beat them, he legit one shoted every opponent he faced, but the fight is not about that
I always thought of it as... If you want to damage Kaido and only have normal Ryuo, you need to use a blade since the blade cuts/stabs/pierces Kaido and actually hurts him past his scales.
If you have regular Ryuo and punch him with it, you're punching his scales and you probably aren't doing damage, hence why you need Advanced Ryuo to be able to land punches that bypass the protection of his scales.

Same, Oda just showing how much Endurance he has. He tanked Boro breath,4 stabs to his abdomen, 1 stab went all way through his hand, Stab to his mouth, bullets to his face and then 3 commander level and vetern level guy had opening to his stomach doing a sword slashes. This is his warm up fight before fighting supernovas.
Post automatically merged:

The same, basically, the guy was introduced as supposedly invincible yet we were given a detailed list of his defeats right away. The narrative Oda was going to follow with the character was always there.
So he going to lose to the scabbards? Interesting

a badass someone with same respect as whitebeard

a walmart version of what i thought of him before
You mean the WB who was getting stabbed by fodders and only damaged an admiral at first because he snuck him?

- then : an absolute monster, how is Luffy supposed to beat this guy ?
- now : Oda desperately wants to make the Red Scabbards shine and intends to completely "rehabilitate" Kaido later in the hope it will wash away the power pevel inconsistencies he’s created
What power level inconsistency? Kaido dragon form has been consistently getting shit on by everyone. Kaido been taking damage and standing up and keep fighting lol.

Honestly at this point the suicide stuff just confuses me at this point

I don't really see an issue the oden or scabbard stuff
It confuses you cause we haven't gotten his backstory yet. Just like why Mother carmel picture confused people before BM backstory.

Last edited:
Though on Kaido in debute:

1. LMAO what a retatd;
2. In WCI arc: BigMom>>>>>Kaido lol;
3. Kaido one shotted Luffy: OK, maybe thos could be interesting, but WCI is still better;
4. Kaido in spoilers to this chapter: LMAO retarded weak creature, what a dog shit I'm reading now;
5. Yooo Art is good, Kaido is weak, BigMom going to be a Pirate King, I don't care about this retard right now, hail for scabards lol;

How are we supposed to believe that this guy fought many fights against top tier without getting injured (not a single scar since Oden) when he's screaming in pain, agony and fear against Raizou of the fucking mist?
He doesn't even understand what's happening to him, he's scared as fuck, almost begging for his life.

And I'm supposed to believe that's top 1 in the verse? Gtfo

Raizou of the fucking mist? Seriously?

From "strongest character" to "weakest top tier"
Though on Kaido in debute:

1. LMAO what a retatd;
2. In WCI arc: BigMom>>>>>Kaido lol;
3. Kaido one shotted Luffy: OK, maybe thos could be interesting, but WCI is still better;
4. Kaido in spoilers to this chapter: LMAO retarded weak creature, what a dog shit I'm reading now;
5. Yooo Art is good, Kaido is weak, BigMom going to be a Pirate King, I don't care about this retard right now, hail for scabards lol;
:holdthisl: :milaugh: Kaido haters got many Ls in Wano

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
He is an ok villain to me. Not extensively spectacular when it comes to villain solidity. He has a personality but not too deep, I really preferred Doffy that wise, or even Lucci.

He has the power and it looks pretty enticing although I expected better AP and Oda relied on Hakai conversely. Well. Will see if he can push himself further.

I was pretty hyped for his time as the arc villain and fighting-wise, he hasn't disappointed but I'm not crazy about him overall. He's not bad in my opinion but I want to see more from him and hopefully a flashback helps but I still prefer Crcodile and Doflamingo over Kaido as villains.

I never thought he was the strongest but I used to think he was top 5. With what he is showing right now he is not even in my top 50.
He is struggling against Raizou, how worse can it get after that?
So Luffy was stomped by someone not even in the Top 50

Then: he seems unbeatable
Now: as long as you have ryuo it wouldn't be hard to defeat him
So why couldn't Luffy defeat him with Advanced coC with is beyond Ryou?

Last edited: