US Presidental Race : 2020

Who is taking the US Presidential Election ?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • Kanye West

Votes: 36 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Plus Nuclear Energy will also become popular since it is beyond safe and good
I am against more coal it pollutes too much but nuclear is not perfect too. Nuclear is quite cheap and doesn't produce CO2 but the cost to destroy one nuclear station is extremely high, they can be dangerous. And the nuclear garbage won't disappear for a long long long time, we have to hide them into the ground or in places, not the best solution.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I am against more coal it pollutes too much but nuclear is not perfect too. Nuclear is quite cheap and doesn't produce CO2 but the cost to destroy one nuclear station is extremely high, that can be dangerous. And the nuclear garbage won't disappear for a long long long time, we have to hide them into the ground or in places, not the best solution.
Nothing is perfect for sure. But i'll rather take Nuclear Power plant than a Coal one.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Very objective point of view here, it's refreshing to see. The only this is that Trump never delivered on that 500B. The platinum plan was merely just that, a plan.

Also Cube never endorsed Trump, he went to both sides. Biden's side told him they'll talk after the election, and Trump's side added portions of his contract with black america into their platinum plan. The media took that as an endorsement which was false.
That's why I said "to an extent". Ice Cube went with Trump cause he was the one who stuck his hand out first. 50cent went with Trump cause he didn't want to pay a ton of taxes. Neither of them actually supported Trump.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Ah another con is that Trump didnt agree with Global warming. There's a shit ton of evidence that the pollution is causing the earth to get warmer and damages resources overtime. I do agree with Biden that we have to GRADUALLY cross over to renewable energy.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
That's why I said "to an extent". Ice Cube went with Trump cause he was the one who stuck his hand out first. 50cent went with Trump cause he didn't want to pay a ton of taxes. Neither of them actually supported Trump.
Lol right, 50's reason for supporting was just for his own selfish reason

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Nothing is perfect for sure. But i'll rather take Nuclear Power plant than a Coal one.
For now I agree, but building more and more nuclear plants is not the solution. In France we use nuclear at 90% for electricity and it works well for us for a long time. But nowadays we hesitate and think about other solutions : the costs to clean and adapt old nuclear plants is extremely high and other problems too (the too old ones etc)

Europe already produces more energy from renewable sources than coal. Not only is it healthier for all of us it is also cheaper and more accessible. And on top of that we don't pollute the planet. Plus Nuclear Energy will also become popular since it is beyond safe and good
That... Is a common misconception of those who are not in the business.

You can say that a lot of the energy you personally generate comes from renewables - but no one mentions what you import. Germany who's been most successful in the EU when it comes to getting rid of coal mines switched to importing more and more coal from other countries. So it pollutes just as much, you simply mine it at a different place.

Which is bad for two reasons:
1) You're not energy independent, which at times of crises will become a huge problem because without import you won't be able to provide electricity for your whole nation and
2) That coal still has to be mined elsewhere and burned - so again the whole process is still on the planet, doesn't matter if it's position A or position B.

Their decision to be independent from all this and get their own energy generated was the right one.

Now, nuclear energy is perhaps the only thing which will become sustainable in the future, so about this I'm very excited. But that's a long way to go, since most are closing their nuclear plants atm, with France being the exception in Europe since they don't have much else.

Ah another con is that Trump didnt agree with Global warming. There's a shit ton of evidence that the pollution is causing the earth to get warmer and damages resources overtime. I do agree with Biden that we have to GRADUALLY cross over to renewable energy.
I work in this industry, so these kinds of things are really sore for my eyes. catded

Renewable energy is not clean - the shit you need to generate renewable energy - namely all the rare metals for it - pollute way more as they themselves need to be mined and prepared.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I work in this industry, so these kinds of things are really sore for my eyes. catded

Renewable energy is not clean - the shit you need to generate renewable energy - namely all the rare metals for it - pollute way more as they themselves need to be mined and prepared.
So in English, we're fucked either way?

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
For now I agree, but building more and more nuclear plants is not the solution. In France we use nuclear at 90% for electricity and it works well for us for a long time. But nowadays we hesitate and think about other solutions : the costs to clean and adapt old nuclear plants is extremely high and other problems too (the too old ones etc)
New ways of disposal will be found. But renewable is way to go either way

Which is bad for two reasons:
1) You're not energy independent, which at times of crises will become a huge problem because without import you won't be able to provide electricity for your whole nation and
2) That coal still has to be mined elsewhere and burned - so again the whole process is still on the planet, doesn't matter if it's position A or position B.
And that's why Germany and other countries that import coal are switching to renewable. It just aint effective or beneficial to import so much or use it.

Yea that's true. But even then it is still better than Coal energy that is destroying the planet
Post automatically merged:

So in English, we're fucked either way?
Not really. No Energy source is perfect. But renewable compared to coal is much safer

Less pollution, indefinite production, stable energy prices, better health and safety

Environmentalism is a great concept but with mixed results.

You could think of so many alternatives that will pollute less only for it to be the opposite. It’s like how e-cigars are just as bad as normal cigarettes because the vapor still burns in your lungs.

I’d like for a cleaner planet, but it’s going to be a while until we can get a happier medium.

And that's why Germany and other countries that import coal are switching to renewable. It just aint effective or beneficial to import so much or use it.

Yea that's true. But even then it is still better than Coal energy that is destroying the planet
You're not listening: they import coal because they cannot survive with just renewable. No one can.

No, it's not better, dude. It all has to be mined and processed - it ends up being worse.

I’d like for a cleaner planet, but it’s going to be a while until we can get a happier medium.
Truer words were never spoken.

Ok, I maybe derailed the thread, many apologies :catsweat:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
You're not listening: they import coal because they cannot survive with just renewable. No one can.

No, it's not better, dude. It all has to be mined and processed - it ends up being worse.
If it ends up being worse then the whole scientific world wouldn't endorse it. Right? Makes no sense to advocate renewable so much if it ends up being worse than coal. Surely you can see fallacy in that

Truer words were never spoken.

Ok, I maybe derailed the thread, many apologies :catsweat:
Yep it will be a long time before renewable can produce energy even as much as coal. The wind energy doesn't produce enough, it's costly and it's too erratic and irregular while solar is quite capricious too and it's only an extremely limited amount of the energy given by the Sun that is captured.

It's why the Germany and other european countries rejecting nuclear energy only to come back to coal made me laugh.

If it ends up being worse then the whole scientific world wouldn't endorse it. Right? Makes no sense to advocate renewable so much if it ends up being worse than coal. Surely you can see fallacy in that
There is no fallacy - money and business make the world go around. That is currently the most appealing business.

But in the meantime in the UN you have panic discussions about how we're going to reuse all those rare metals we need somehow. I've been and it's how it is.

And media brainwashing isn't helping as well, this is similar to how pollution panic was told about the ozone hole. And now you don't see that mentioned anymore because? It isn't an issue. It was just misconception.

Yep it will be a long time before renewable can produce energy even as much as coal. The wind energy doesn't produce enough, it's costly and it's too erratic and irregular while solar is quite capricious too and it's only an extremely limited amount of the energy given by the Sun that is captured.

It's why the Germany and other european countries rejecting nuclear energy only to come back to coal made me laugh.
Oh I wasn't even going to mention the cost of renewable energy. The cost alone shows how hard it is to generate energy that way. You're 100% correct.

I HOPE nuclear energy - or rather its waste - will be handled better soon :catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush::catblush:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
There is no fallacy - money and business make the world go around. That is currently the most appealing business.

But in the meantime in the UN you have panic discussions about how we're going to reuse all those rare metals we need somehow. I've been and it's how it is.

And media brainwashing isn't helping as well, this is similar to how pollution panic was told about the ozone hole. And now you don't see that mentioned anymore because? It isn't an issue. It was just misconception.
I understand what you wanna way. But between lesser evils i'll chose lesser one

tho i love nuclear energy and we can dump nuclear waste in Australia it is empty and full of mutated creatures anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.