Future Events The Great Debate - Will Zoro kill Kaido this arc?

After reading 1002 chapters, what you think zoro will do against kaido?

• Total voters

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
nobody has ever called Garp that
He was literally hunting pirates, lol.
obviously, but the fact that he can do that proves that this narrative about Luffy having no lethality is BS.
If Luffy used that punch on a calamity they would die.
I cant convince you, you have to see it with your own eyes.
Nobody is dying from internal destruction and certainly not Kaido.
He will just go back to what he was doing before, hurting ppl, he wasnt able to hurt Kaido at all.
Haki blasts arent lethal.

D

Dragomir

The only reason to doubt ZKK is Luffy. Oda for the last 20 years has always given Luffy the spotlight against the main villain. Moreso this post-timeskip than pre-skip. Luffy robbed Law of his final blow against Doffy(y'all can't that Luffy deserved to have defeated Doffy when Law's relationship against Doffy was far stronger than his) and he has made Luffy fight Kata just because. If there's a reason for why Zoro won't kill Kaido then this is it and that's fair to believe.

However, this arc has been very peculiar so far at least in regards to the main fights. It isn't just Luffy who has developed a hatred for Kaido. Now Zoro has too. Throughout Wano, we've seen Zoro slowly but surely develop his resentment towards Kaido. Seeing how the people of Wano have suffered, learning about Oden, and Yasu's death. Now, during the raid, Oda has continuously displayed Zoro's desire to reach Kaido in order to fight him. And now in the chapter, Zoro is now declaring to slay Kaido. This is huge because when have we ever see Zoro declare to defeat the main villain? Unless my memory is bonkers but I'm pretty certain he didn't do it for Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moriah, Hody, Caesar, and Doffy. That type of stuff is reserved for Luffy, but now Zoro is saying it too.

I find it hard to believe that Oda is only doing this for Zoro to just reopen Kaido's scar. That much was obvious the moment Zoro got Enma. Not even Kid has gotten all this dedicated to him building hatred against Kaido.

There are simply just more points suggesting why Zoro will be the one to take off that man's head.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
@Monkey D Theories and anyone else who thinks its only set up to just open the wound
there is no set up to do ONLY that. The set up for the one who opens the scar is the one kaido thinks is the one worthy of killing him.
This is actually whats said and this is the whole sequence of that part,

It starts of with doji outright saying this fight isnt over until his head is severed. I e this war wont be over until hes dead.

so kaidos words

I saw a visage of oden

I could have let you kill me

But you are not oden

We will never see a monstrous samurai like oden again

Its too shallow you dont even have enough power to open the old wound

people just focus on his last line instead of his whole speech and just say zoro will just open the wound without looking at why kaido said that,
kaido was going to let the scabbards kill him until he realized they are not oden they are not as strong as oden they couldnt even open the wound oden gave him
so the samurai that CAN open the scar that IS as monstrous as oden IS the one he will accept that kills him.
The set up isnt for there to be someone to just open the wound, but the one who does that is capable of killing him. And thats kaidos own view.

Last edited:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
It’s pretty unbelievable to see how some people are still in denial that Zoro will play an important role vs Kaido after some pretty explicit statements to go on top of everything that’s been pointing towards that direction for a while now. I mean the man literally spells it out for yall lmao. I don’t know what more is needed before it actually happens.
I wonder if people will start attributing Zoro fighting Kaido to Luffy using FS and trying to avoid a bad future or something :milaugh:

It's also funny how last week, people were using Killer's statement about Kaido to prove Kaido as #1 in the verse...but Zoro says he's killing Kaido? Pfft! He won't even fight the guy! Screw all the other hints!

The only reason to doubt ZKK is Luffy. Oda for the last 20 years has always given Luffy the spotlight against the main villain. Moreso this post-timeskip than pre-skip. Luffy robbed Law of his final blow against Doffy(y'all can't that Luffy deserved to have defeated Doffy when Law's relationship against Doffy was far stronger than his) and he has made Luffy fight Kata just because. If there's a reason for why Zoro won't kill Kaido then this is it and that's fair to believe.

However, this arc has been very peculiar so far at least in regards to the main fights. It isn't just Luffy who has developed a hatred for Kaido. Now Zoro has too. Throughout Wano, we've seen Zoro slowly but surely develop his resentment towards Kaido. Seeing how the people of Wano have suffered, learning about Oden, and Yasu's death. Now, during the raid, Oda has continuously displayed Zoro's desire to reach Kaido in order to fight him. And now in the chapter, Zoro is now declaring to slay Kaido. This is huge because when have we ever see Zoro declare to defeat the main villain? Unless my memory is bonkers but I'm pretty certain he didn't do it for Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moriah, Hody, Caesar, and Doffy. That type of stuff is reserved for Luffy, but now Zoro is saying it too.

I find it hard to believe that Oda is only doing this for Zoro to just reopen Kaido's scar. That much was obvious the moment Zoro got Enma. Not even Kid has gotten all this dedicated to him building hatred against Kaido.

There are simply just more points suggesting why Zoro will be the one to take off that man's head.
People seem to forget that Zoro was actually the one to defeat Captain Morgan back in his intro arc. Sure, the scale is different, but Zoro is literally the only Straw Hat that has finished off an arc villain.

D

Dragomir

I wonder if people will start attributing Zoro fighting Kaido to Luffy using FS and trying to avoid a bad future or something :milaugh:

It's also funny how last week, people were using Killer's statement about Kaido to prove Kaido as #1 in the verse...but Zoro says he's killing Kaido? Pfft! He won't even fight the guy! Screw all the other hints!

People seem to forget that Zoro was actually the one to defeat Captain Morgan back in his intro arc. Sure, the scale is different, but Zoro is literally the only Straw Hat that has finished off an arc villain.

Shit man, you're fucking right. I completely forgot. Zoro deadass the only character to defeat the main arc villain instead of Luffy.

All y'all just gotta do is look at it from the perspective of the author. Oda generally has been making Luffy go all "I'm gonna defeat xyz!!" but all of a sudden, come this arc, he's like "you know what? I'ma make ZORO say that shit too!" When the author deviates from the general formula like that, it means something.

Also, y'all remember that one SBS where Oda said he didn't know how Luffy was gonna defeat Kaido or something along those lines? I'm starting to think that what he meant all along was to have Zoro do it and not Luffy.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Could be like the Punk Hazard dragon - Luffy with the setup and Zoro with the head slicing spike.

Shit man, you're fucking right. I completely forgot. Zoro deadass the only character to defeat the main arc villain instead of Luffy.

All y'all just gotta do is look at it from the perspective of the author. Oda generally has been making Luffy go all "I'm gonna defeat xyz!!" but all of a sudden, come this arc, he's like "you know what? I'ma make ZORO say that shit too!" When the author deviates from the general formula like that, it means something.

Also, y'all remember that one SBS where Oda said he didn't know how Luffy was gonna defeat Kaido or something along those lines? I'm starting to think that what he meant all along was to have Zoro do it and not Luffy.
The beginning of Wano felt like a big love letter to the early series too - Zoro more well known in Wano, everyone freaking out about Devil Fruits, Luffy and Zoro being bros together, Zoro's softer side being present, etc.

With Big Mom and the possibility of Onigashima being like Noah, Oda could have Zoro kill Kaido and Luffy do something about one of the other two things.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that Luffy's G4 is being referred to as a Wisdom King. Asura was referred to as a "Kishin" or "Fierce Deity" before by Kaku, and they're both seen as protective deities in Buddhism. Could have Luffy the Protector and Zoro the Destroyer :cheers:

Could be like the Punk Hazard dragon - Luffy with the setup and Zoro with the head slicing spike.

The beginning of Wano felt like a big love letter to the early series too - Zoro more well known in Wano, everyone freaking out about Devil Fruits, Luffy and Zoro being bros together, Zoro's softer side being present, etc.

With Big Mom and the possibility of Onigashima being like Noah, Oda could have Zoro kill Kaido and Luffy do something about one of the other two things.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that Luffy's G4 is being referred to as a Wisdom King. Asura was referred to as a "Kishin" or "Fierce Deity" before by Kaku, and they're both seen as protective deities in Buddhism. Could have Luffy the Protector and Zoro the Destroyer :cheers:
Your point about Punk Hazard is spot on. :cheers:

And that throwback to early One Piece, bruh. :kata:

Tbh, when Wano began, I had no idea why Oda even bothered with BM since she had already gone stale (for the most part) at that point.

But, now, it makes sense that she is here. This is the end of Yonko Saga, after all. ZKK and LBBM happening almost simultaneously could be true.

I know that the main event of this raid is BM & Kaido vs Supernovas. Luffy, Kidd, and Killer confronting the 2 is given. Law, and maybr even Hawkins, Drake, and Apoo will help out later. My prediction is for Zoro & Marco to appear last after all of them (but Luffy) have been defeated, since Zoro & Marco have to take out King & Queen first. Marco will then be taken out, leaving the original duo to finish the job. Your Protector & Destroyer argument hyped it up even more.

Heck, maybe even Jinbei can help out alongside Marco provided he is not spent after a fight against Jack. Although, unless Jack has 100% fully healed before Jinbei vs Jack takes place, no way Jack can push Jinbei to even a mid-diff fight.