Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yamato using the other sword while zoro uses enma vs Kaido.... is possible. Both reopening the scar while 4 retainers failed.
Yamato - momo
Zoro - Hiyori
Post automatically merged:

Her role on the ship might be just Combatant
Yeah yeah now everyone will start to open Kaido's scar.

Starting with Luffy and Zoro ending on Speed.

C'mon Jo:pepeke:

Zoro being the one who cuts open Kaidou with enma is at best a prediction at this point. Heck, for all we know, neither sword cuts Kaidou and it was just hype up for Zoro's new sword and he fails. Heck for all we know, Kinemon could pick up Zoro's sword and Momo's sword and be the one who cuts him.

Arguing about power scale based on hypotheticals of what a character may or may not do in comparison to what characters who have done stuff have failed to do, feels weird.

Zoro and Momo have Oden's swords, but I feel like Kinemon is the one who actually took after him the most. Like kinemon was pretty much his main disciple/follower, kinemon has a somewhat equal personality and look, Kinemon is the head scabbard, etc. Momo will become a great ruler + has pirate king potential with future sight when he gets older, but Kinemon is the most like Oden himself.

Inb4 Sanji picks up the swords and goes "I hate using a blade for anything but cooking, but I have to do this for my captain, kinemon, momo, and the rest" and is the one who cuts into kaidou with his family taught swordsmanship and his highly skilled cooking ability.

Carrot next Strawhats confirmed.:kawak:
She's not given her own small side panels like the rest of the crew, but the mere fact that she's plastered on there in a panel officially labelled as "The Straw Hat Crew" is hilarious. Especially after how much people tried to convince us that the original panel in the manga meant absolutely nothing.

Oda literally drew a straw hat spread IN WANO, yet the one with Carrot was still chosen and marketed as official straw hat merchandise.

I'm howling :gokulaugh: Not long for it to be confirmed in the manga too since they're not even hiding it anymore commercially and she's already being promoted as a straw hat in official merch.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
She's not given her own small side panels like the rest of the crew, but the mere fact that she's plastered on there in a panel officially labelled as "The Straw Hat Crew" is hilarious. Especially after how much people tried to convince us that the original panel in the manga meant absolutely nothing.

Oda literally drew a straw hat spread IN WANO, yet the one with Carrot was still chosen and marketed as official straw hat merchandise.

I'm howling :gokulaugh: Not long for it to be confirmed in the manga too since she's already being promoted as a straw hat in official merch.
Well, I guess that settled it.:jordanmf::datas:

I’m not sure if confirmed but we’ll see. Luffy was in a weekly shonen jump alongside Yamato. Recently chapters one piece so far carrot has push background.
Many characters have been on the WSJ cover with Luffy. However I don't think a single character that's been on the cover with Luffy then went on to join the crew. Straw hats have been on it but not before they joined IIRC.

That aside just looking at the story already makes Yamao's chances of joining extremely low for multiple reasons. Carrot on the other hand has all the potential. The directions of Carrot and Yamao's characters post Wano are now showing themselves. Yamao's needle pointing very heavily in the direction of Wano, and Carrot's still ambiguous atm but with high probability of swinging in the direction of the crew in the coming chapters, especially with the Pedro and Perospero stuff.

Many characters have been on the WSJ cover with Luffy. However I don't think a single character that's been on the cover with Luffy then went on to join the crew. Straw hats have been on it but not before they joined IIRC.

That aside just looking at the story already makes Yamao's chances of joining extremely low for multiple reasons. Carrot on the other hand has all the potential. The directions of Carrot and Yamao's characters post Wano are now showing themselves. Yamao's needle pointing very heavily in the direction of Wano, and Carrot's still ambiguous atm but with high probability of swinging in the direction of the crew in the coming chapters, especially with the Pedro and Perospero stuff.
I personally think it’s the opposite actually. I think with Yamato you’re getting more exposition for her and kaido as characters. I believe Towards beginning stages act 4 will get a Yamato and Kaido backstory that’s more extendable rather that brief flashback. Through arcs we’ve had in the past none arc really certain around her as a character suppose. She still feels like a support character going along for the ride along‘s on straw hats shenanigans and their gags.

I personally think it’s the opposite actually. I think with Yamato you’re getting more exposition for her and kaido as characters. I believe Towards beginning stages act 4 will get a Yamato and Kaido backstory that’s more extendable rather that brief flashback. Through arcs we’ve had in the past none arc really certain around her as a character suppose. She still feels like a support character going along for the ride along‘s on straw hats shenanigans and their gags.
I can see why you see it that way. It's true, Yamao seems to be getting more focus than Carrot at the moment. But the reason why that doesn't matter to me to is:

Yamao may be getting more focus now but the groundwork hasn't been set at all for her to join. She's a new character that was introduced completely out of the blue 15 chapters ago at the end of the 3rd act, of the final arc of the saga. Carrot is a character that was introduced on the 2nd chapter of the 1st arc of the saga and has been travelling with the straw hats on their ship, bonding with them and living with them. Taking up a position in their crew and is treated like a part of their family. All of this for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

Oda just had Carrot come along and become this significant of a character, despite the fact that she rarely actually did anything major in the plot. That should be extremely suspect as it shows that he's building her up for something, yet that role is still unclear. But the same build up Carrot's been getting is what the final straw hat should get.

Yamao's getting focus because Oda introduced her out of nowhere so late into the game and now has to play catchup. Carrot is a slow burn like Jinbe who took multiple arcs for his development into a straw hat. From being no more relevant than Iva in Impel Down to where he is now.

Carrot's got the bonds with the crew, she's got the lookout position foreshadowed, she's got the experience of their lifestyle and has a part in their history as a crew. She fits the missing little sister role in their family to a tee. This isn't all coincidence. Oda didn't just randomly decide to have a character unofficially join the straw hats just for fun when it has yet to effect the narrative in a significant way. It's all build up, for a development that could be coming very soon in the next few chapters.
Post automatically merged:

That is interesting. Actually he could have used the straw hat scene in chapter 989 if he just wanted the 10 together.
Exactly lol, that's what I thought. And the other one was literally a double page spread too xD. But they chose the one with Carrot instead and resultantly labelled her as a straw hat in their official merch.

The haters can cry, but the fact is that since she show up in the ship after Zou Oda is building Carrot as the mink of the SH crew, he could have just Pedro in the WCI together with the SH, but he chose to put her as someone that would follow Pedro will after he died, he used her to show the main power of the Minks and after Oden FB we even get to know that the way she enter the SH ship was the same Neko and Inu used to sneak in WB and Roger ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.