Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this confirms that the “We didn’t know how bad the situation was” statement was complete bullshit after all. The Whitebeard Pirates did know how bad the situation was but chose to do nothing, so Marco simply just flat out lied to Nekomamushi’s (his former crew mate) face because he was too chicken to admit the truth.

Screw you, you lying, flying fecker pecker. :phoenixmarco:
You still want that white theme?

C'mon, you know this is different. Whitebeard was at the end of his life and Journey as a Pirate, and Ace was at the beginning of his. There was still a chance to save Ace, but Oden was already long dead by the time the Whitebeard Pirates found out. There was no need to spill unnecessary blood on a quest for revenge. We already knew this was Whitebeards mentality, as he had told Ace time and time again to let it go when it came to Blackbeard killing Thatch. It 100 percent fits Whitebeard's narrative.

The Whitebeard Pirates risking their lives to save Ace who still has a chance at life, is not the same as throwing countless lives away on quest for revenge, which would ultimately lead to absolutely nothing gained in the end.
I also think WB was also betting on the new era to change things, since Roger must have told him about the prophecy that someone greater than him would emerge that would lead the world to a new dawn.

Not really his characterization, he has always been like that, unless the fundamental of "touch my son and you're dead" sounds to you like a strong front and not a softie who you shouldn't mess up with. His characterization has always been the same: a strong softie.

Also, this isn't just about Oden being dead. This is about Izou and Ace, their family and friends, and people Whitebeard himself knew and travelled with (I mean, Momonosuke was literally born in the Moby Dick, for example).
Him being like that is his characterization.
It comes with an asterisk, and not an absolute rule, yes. People might be disappointed about it, but this was already apparent when we saw the flashbacks pre-Marineford and saw WB more caring about Ace´s safety than taking revenge on BB at all costs, it´s consistent with that at least.

But they were all dead, that´s the difference, at least presumed to be.
WB´s sphere of responsibility, first and foremost, is his crew, nothing else.
And family is something you create in One Piece, not born into, i think this has been made abundantly clear.

And if we spin this even further, something that was stated several times, WB was also someone who always considered his role within the world and his function of basically holding the reins of the New World.
He mentioned this in Marineford, Doflamingo stated this in his throne speech, he was a fundamentally different type of pirate than Roger was.

So yes, i see a very clear distinction between "let´s go save our mate who is alive" to "let´s go avenge the dead".

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
WB was scared to fight Kaido , so that means Kaido > WB

Zoro will kill Kaido so that means Zoro > Kaido > WB

Post Wano Zoro < Mihawk

Mihawk > Kaido > WB

Mihawk top 1 confirmed :finally::finally::finally::finally:
This is my personal rank:

Primebeard >~ Mihawk > Kaido >~ Post Wano Zoro = Oldbeard > Current Zoro

I think it looks ok with Kaido above Oldbeard but below Primebeard. I can't really see Primebeard losing to Current Zoro, Luffy and a bunch of newbie novas.

WB leave oden because he already dead
Same like thatch, he leave thatch because he already dead

But the different is kaido is a yonko and teach was not that strong at that time, so WB gave up on stopping ace hoping acr can deal with teach

WB did not leave Ace. Because he was still alive at that moment. Plus WB knew that ace is roger son. And he decided to make ace the PK

Where does WB say he couldn’t beat Kaido?

All he says is that if the WB pirates and the beast pirates fought, there would be heavy losses.

Kind of a no shit Sherlock thing.

If you thought WB was like on another level than Kaido and BM, this pretty obviously disproves it, but it doesn’t necessarily imply Kaido > WB. Just Kaido ~ WB.
He contradicted himself by going to Marineford , Navy HQ >>>>>>> Beast Pirates

Yamato: "Out of all the pirates in the world, the one who you found and brought to Wanokuni is Luffy.
This must be the work of fate itself.
After all, Luffy has a "D" in his name...!"

When Yamato finishes, she pulls out Oden's journal.
With the Korean spoilers I thought that we would get flashback about God Valley but after reading Redon's summary... It seems that we will get info about the D. Now I'm really hyped for next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.