Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that this is a mistranslation otherwise this would be hands down the most disappointing moment of the entire series.

I swear to God that Oda possesses some sadistic glee at the prospect of assassinating the character integrity of the Yonko. Linlin, Kaido and now Whitebeard have all had their initial respectable character traits gutted for the sake of plot or wanking shit characters (feck you Oden).

Linlin went from a dual edged sword of ruthless cunning and berserk rage, to a blunt knife with a temper tantrum.

Kaido went from a 1v1 doom seeker who yields to no one, to a cheap shotting bitch with a plastic spine who is forever suffering from Post Traumatic Samurai Disorder.

Now, Whitebeard has gone from a man of iron clad principles who was consistently stated and portrayed to be willing to move heaven and earth to protect and avenge his adopted family (note to sassenachs in this thread, the Thatch incident was meant to be an exception to highlight how serious a threat Blackbeard was, not the bloody norm for how Whitebeard deals with shit), to a bloke who only avenges or protects family whenever it is convenient for him.

I fear what Oda is going to do with Shanks and Teach.
You canΒ΄t judge that because we only, actually witnessed this supposed principle being at work.
And at the same time, holding back Ace was not about not upholding said principle, but not losing Ace while trying to do so.

So Cavendish is on the same level as Kid and Law ? I mean, i'm not disputing Luffy being the strongest Supernova, but there's better evidence than this.
Cavindish is on the same level of some superova, not necessarily Kidd and Law... because we also saw Brownbeard mention Hawkins and Drake in same breathe as Law and Kidd... same with Shakky.... but Kid and Law are > than them imo....

So it can be same with Cavindish and Bege here... but Cavindish is on same level as them and anyone who disagrees just doesn't know what the fuck they are reading cause Cavinddish can clearly compete with some supernova if not pull a win against SOME of them too

As for Luffy, he was SEPARATED because it was said "but the STRONGEST OF THEM is Luffy"
this is why Luffy's line is different, because it separated him from the rest by being higher in caliber

Whitebeard and Oden were brothers, that's a good point, because that means accepting that Oden had his own war to fight. His country, his men. In an isolated country that doesn't want outside interference. And even though Whitebeard is one of the more pacific kinds of pirates, he is still a pirate and can't interfere with everyone because of his own high moral standards. As pointed out, Oden was already long dead. And Kaido was one of the most powerful forces back then too, both due to individual strength and due to crews and allies. It would become an all out war, for what?

Oda did Whitebeard dirty... Maybe Roger told him the exact year his son might find the OP , the Wano connection to it and that's why he knew it was too early for them to go there. But now he look like the fact he heard Kaido killed someone as strong as Oden made him fear for his life :myman:
This actually makes sense, WB assumed that Kaido won fair and square and thought he was stronger than he actually is.
Maybe this is why he was considered the WSC.

This is where consistency comes into play

IΒ΄m not WB.
I am saying this behavior is consistent with WBΒ΄s characterization and the events of the past.
Whatever i feel personally about it is something else entirely.

At the same time, i have mentioned this before, it might sound like a silly excuse to some, but WB was someone who considered his role in the world, meaning hm doing something that creates chaos in the New World would have ended in far more deaths than the suffering of Wa No citizens.
He held the reins of the New World and ensured peace for two decades, two Yonkou going at it, evne if he wins, has big repercussions.
ThatΒ΄s also why Marineford was so big, WG was risking chaos in the New World, WB put AceΒ΄s life above that.
Is it ok? I do not think so.
@ShinmenTakezo has put up in a nice way regarding this....hope this helps for your "understanding"
Thanks but I already read it and still doesn’t add up. I am open to counterarguments tho even if I may end up disagreeing it offers a new perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.