Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving the logbook away-Check
Ace's vivre card-Check
Aware of Luffy(and dream) and looking forward to meeting him-Check

Welp. Yamato seems like a lock now.
The only chance for her not to join would be the Wano citizens forgiving her and stop hating on her but I see it like a daunting task to pull off.... I bet eventually not even her contingent contribution against Kaido could totally change her current situation and only in that farfetched case she could eventually stay imo, which is unlikely.

She knows all the secrets and spoilers that are inside of it already. It's her "bible" after all. Giving her bible back to Momo after protecting it all these years only adds to their bond, whilst not taking away the issue of her already knowing too much.
Ace's vivre card-Check
What does this have to do with anything?
Aware of Luffy(and dream)
Another spoiler. This goes beyond his dream of wanting to become PK and is clearly something crazy and a big deal since Oda had the perfect opportunity to reveal it in the landmark chapter 1000 but still wants to keep it a secret to readers. None of the straw hats know this about Luffy but now Yamao knows.
and looking forward to meeting him-Check
She's already met him now and Luffy doesn't really care that much about her.

So, Yamato can create vivre cards? Not sure how useful it would be? Doesn't sound that useful for the crew... But why not? No one can do it in the crew anyway...

She knows all the secrets and spoilers that are inside of it already. It's her "bible" after all. Giving her bible back to Momo after protecting it all these years only adds to their bond, whilst not taking away the issue of her already knowing too much.
Like how Franky knows too much about Pluton...

Another spoiler. This goes beyond his dream of wanting to become PK and is clearly something crazy and a big deal since Oda had the perfect opportunity to reveal it in the landmark chapter 1000 but still wants to keep it a secret to readers. None of the straw hats know this about Luffy but now Yamao knows.
The crew knows it for sure... Oda will probably reveal it to the readers once the crew is considered complete, in front of the entire crew and others in a grandiose panel with everyone shocked but the crew, and probably Sabo... That would most likely be one of the reason why the crew has so much faith that Luffy will achieve his dream, so much that even Nami in near death can't deny it... It just doesn't make sense if Oda will redundantly make panels of Luffy telling it everytime someone joins the crew... Perhaps, Oda will draw it in upcoming short flashbacks while the crew are fighting their respective opponents in this war...

What does this have to do with anything?

She's already met him now and Luffy doesn't really care that much about her.
So if Yamato knows something that Luffy already knows, she knows too much to join the crew? It's his own dream. That's not a spoiler.

As far as Oden's journal, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Given how Roger beratted the guy who tried to make an eternal log pose to Raftel, do you really think Oden would have written down those spoilers in a journal that someone else could find? Kaido could easily have found it instead, or discovered Yamato had it and taken it from her. Roger would have been super pissed if he found out Oden wrote that stuff down. I'm sure it doesn't contain actual spoilers.

Edit: Heck even Yamato could use it to find Raftel and cheat her way to become Pirate King.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Random thought I just had about roles in the crew - Luffy recruited Zoro, Usopp, Robin, Franky, and Jinbe not necessarily because of what position he thought they could fill, but because through the course of each arc when he met them, he forged a bond with them through trials of fire like beating a powerful antagonist or saving an ally from captivity. Reread any of those arcs if you don’t believe me; he never seeks any of those people out or pursues them for one explicit purpose other than wanting them to be his friend and travel with him. It may be important to some of the more inflexible posters in this thread, but the captain of the crew really only cares about how he gets along with a person. Think about all the people he’s asked to join - what would Gaimon have done on the ship? What about Bon Clay? Even Kin’emon, a dark horse candidate for some (me), would have no defined position if he chose to leave Wano again.

This is all to explain why arguing that Carrot should join over Yamato because she could fill the (largely unimportant and unnecessary) position of lookout is pointless...first of all, Usopp’s eyesight has always been good enough to see far off obstacles/Nami has a preternatural sense of what physical or meteorological events are on the horizon; second, whether Carrot or Yamato or Joe fuckin’ Schmoe could take on that responsibility doesn’t influence whether or not Luffy wants them to join his crew. Don’t @ me :akaman:

Likes this post if you thinks both Yamato and Carrot are joining.:endthis:
I would like a lot if Yamato and Carrot joins, in the same way that Oden, Inu and Neko joins to WB/Roger. :steef:

The only thing i missing is one replacement to one of the zou duke to make a parallel with the Mugiwaras. That should be Pedro :josad:
Post automatically merged:

Pedro is still alive in my opinion. He and Carrot will represent the Dukes and Yamato as Oden in the SH crew.

I hope you're right about Pedro. I like so much the chars who has a big faith in Luffy gonna be the next pirateking. Thats is was i like so much Pedro, Yamato, Kinemon, etc.

Last edited:
I would like a lot if Yamato and Carrot joins, in the same way that Oden, Inu and Neko joins to WB/Roger. :steef:

The only thing i missing is one replacement to one of the zou duke to make a parallel with the Mugiwaras. That should be Pedro :josad:
Post automatically merged:
Pedro is still alive in my opinion. He and Carrot will represent the Dukes and Yamato as Oden in the SH crew.

Ace's vivre card-Check
Aware of Luffy(and dream) and looking forward to meeting him-Check

Welp. Yamato seems like a lock now.
Not only this, but she's the last person in the arc with an unrevealed devil fruit, meaning Oda truly has to top all of the others hes shown. I would not be surprised if its a mythical zoan like Kaido's or Marco's. Thats another +1 for her being unique compared to Chopper

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Random thought I just had about roles in the crew - Luffy recruited Zoro, Usopp, Robin, Franky, and Jinbe not necessarily because of what position he thought they could fill, but because through the course of each arc when he met them, he forged a bond with them through trials of fire like beating a powerful antagonist or saving an ally from captivity. Reread any of those arcs if you don’t believe me; he never seeks any of those people out or pursues them for one explicit purpose other than wanting them to be his friend and travel with him. It may be important to some of the more inflexible posters in this thread, but the captain of the crew really only cares about how he gets along with a person. Think about all the people he’s asked to join - what would Gaimon have done on the ship? What about Bon Clay? Even Kin’emon, a dark horse Sanjidate for some (me), would have no defined position if he chose to leave Wano again.

This is all to explain why arguing that Carrot should join over Yamato because she could fill the (largely unimportant and unnecessary) position of lookout is pointless...first of all, Usopp’s eyesight has always been good enough to see far off obstacles/Nami has a preternatural sense of what physical or meteorological events are on the horizon; second, whether Carrot or Yamato or Joe fuckin’ Schmoe could take on that responsibility doesn’t influence whether or not Luffy wants them to join his crew. Don’t @ me :akaman:
What the actual fuck JDB?

Status
Not open for further replies.