Current Events ‘Warrior God’ is a Fake Translation - Viz Official Translation is ‘Godhead’

A couple of things:
- Ask Japanese-English translators, they will tell you being proficient in English is just as crucial as Japanese to be a good translator. Stephen is a native English speaker, so he has an advantage on that side
- An average professional >>> top amateurs in most fields
You're not telling me anything I don't already know, it's my opinion that some translators such as Sandman are more reliable than Stephen is whereas your opinion seems to be the opposite.

Sandman at the very least is just as credible in the community, his English is very good and he's native Japanese, that's reason enough for me to take his word over Stephen's.

Barto is a bum he has no chance against the big guys, h
What does that have to do with luffy being friends with him? Him being the one to get rid of the shibi system tells you a lot, especially when akainu was against it, gotta re-read dressrosa taking his character out of context
His fight with Zoro
It does bud he was sending him to the depths of the ground, the only one that got a pass was luffy
When the truth of the Void Century will be known he will change sides. A guy w
Why would he need the void century to dispatch from the marines? like he was literally there with slaves, and even after helping them escape he's still buddy with akainu

You're not telling me anything I don't already know, it's my opinion that some translators such as Sandman are more reliable than Stephen is whereas your opinion seems to be the opposite.

Sandman at the very least is just as credible in the community, his English is very good and he's native Japanese, that's reason enough for me to take his word over Stephen's.
Sure, I know Sandman is a very credible source but the same goes for Stephen Paul.

This story is written for children. You don’t need to know multiple languages or an advanced understanding of the language to get it.

If native speakers think it’s Warrior Gods then it’s probably just warrior gods.
Dont quote before reading through the posts =>
Yeah, because translating Japanse =/= replacing words, its an art. Japanese translation heavily relies on contexts. Japanese and English do do not share many similarities in grammar as well.
The literal translation probably leads to "warrior god of finance/agriculture" which makes no sense

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
An average professional >>> top amateurs in most fields
And of course this is why Admirals > Yonko, the Admirals are trained professionals while the Yonko are untrained amateurs.

This is probably why @SkySanji actually thinks you can trust amateurs over educated professionals lmfao.

it's my opinion that some translators such as Sandman are more reliable than Stephen
The same opinion that told you it was a good idea to think Karasu injured Fujitora? Seems reliable, Lmfao

A couple of things:
- Ask Japanese-English translators, they will tell you being proficient in English is just as crucial as Japanese to be a good translator. Stephen is a native English speaker, so he has an advantage on that side
- An average professional >>> top amateurs in most fields
This isn't a competition of who's the best translator.

You have a Japanese guy telling how you Japanese people interpret it. Unless Sandman can't speak basic English, your point makes no sense.

Rare L for Stephen Paul IMO and hes a guy I usually always talk up as the best. This is a decision he probably made because he thought it was a cool sounding word, but it ends up just being wrong in english and japanese at the same time.

The "Godhead" is "the essential nature and condition of being God." In some sense Imu-sama themselves would be "the" godhead. In this case it's inappropriate as a title for the Gorosei because it elevates them higher than their actual station.

The word "bushin" 武神 literally means "martial god", or "warrior god". 武 is military power, force of arms, the act of war, a soldier, etc. 神 is kami, its a god, or the spiritual essence of a thing.

Not only does Godhead lose an essential element of the original translation, it adds detail that doesn't exist in the original and creates misconceptions about the work. A failure on two fronts. Stephen is usually better than this.

Make sense out of "warrior god of agriculture" genius
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiman

this guy is literally the warrior god of agriculture irl in japanese myth. educate yourself.

Since ancient times Hachiman has been worshiped by farmers as the god of agriculture and by fishermen, who hoped that he would fill their nets with many fish.
Although often called the god of war, he is more strictly defined as the tutelary god of warriors.