Anime & Manga THE GREAT DEBATE: Which leg did Vergo use on Judge's son?

Which leg did Vergo use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

critical mindset

How is this simple fight choreography so difficult for some folk to follow?

Either Thirsty Gen got to him or Worst Gen did.

Welcome to Worst Gen where the community either disagrees on what is in front of their very eyes or splits fine hairs over the English definitions of words translated from Japanese.
Oda has a limited amount of panels, so instead of showing where Vergo breaks off the clash with Sanji’s leg hanging haplessly in the air (which is implied from the leg change which I’ve showed) Oda instead wanted to highlight Sanjinos expression of fear and utter shock :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

C

critical mindset

@BakiDou I stayed up all night to change my circadian rhythm for going back to early morning routine and work, and in that time I argued and provided the layout for why Vergo switched legs and toyed with Sanji. It was worth it :cheers:

Vergo will come back and mogg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

critical mindset

Welcome to Worst Gen where the community either disagrees on what is in front of their very eyes
I know, that’s you guys coping mega hard

This is what you’re saying Vergo did
but raising the left leg that high up and to the side shifts the entire hip out of alignment. That’s why his stance is almost a mirror image of Vergo’s drawn out position :suresure:
Post automatically merged:

If I think about it, when Vergo kicked Sanji, you guys can clearly see that it's his right shoe - @critical mindset provided the evidence - does that mean Vergo was stupid enough to wear his shoes at the wrong order??? Lmao, considering how clumsy Vergo really is (cannot even get that food is sticking up his face), this might actually be funny asf.
Yeah maybe lol

C

critical mindset

Does it even matter?Whats the point if he used his right or left leg?Its fucking irrelevant
It just shows that not only was Vergo a stronger kicker but a more skilled one. It highlights the gulf between the two in terms of kicking ability (an accesssory skill of Vergo as he relies on other skills for combined effect, such as rokuishiki, bamboo and haki).

Secondly It gives his character more depth because you would agree that there is playfulness in his way of fighting Sanji. He is not perceived that way by the fandom with his robotic, stoic serious mannerism, yet this stands as a complete and stark contrast to how the fandom perceives him. I highlight this playfulness of Vergo as something that I highly enjoy about him @BakiDou and frankly speaking I can not stop laughing when I think about how he took a strong opponent like Sanji and played a game with him this way.

Thirdly, Vergo is heavily underrated, but this goes to show how he truly was an arc villain that posed a real threat to the the entire group. Law was genuinely worried about Vergo, and in his mind there was a real chance of failure and threat level from Vergo. One dude. The fandom heavily disses Vergo (and Smoker btw) but Vergo was in this clash portrayed as someone that was a real mogger. He has many skills and abilities that I highlight in PL threads to show just how powerful Vergo is. It shows how he was not blowing smoke or just an empty threat. Vergo was a real threat

C

critical mindset

If he purposely lost momentum and power, then Vergo is the most retarded character I've ever seen in any fiction, lmao.
He traded that for a good inner laugh.
Oda himself doesn't know how to draw said stance you're simping over.
No he very intentionally draws the action lines of the stationary leg to line up with the hip, then there is the missing hanging coat where in reality there is supposed to be a right leg for maintaining a stable position. Oda is super obvious that it is the right leg. The fucking inside of the foot is facing up. Literally I give up if you can't face the truth of it,

Vergo has a weird way of humor to try breaking his own bones meanwhile the lethal gas reaches their facility.
As I said, Vergo is a fucking retard according to your headcanon.
You are not ascribing Vergo his fair due and qualities. Punk Hazard was his playground where he played with the punks of Punk Hazard. Even if the gas were to overwhelm them, Luffy used his haki to shield against the gas. Vergo has FBH and Caesar was not in the least impressed by Luffy lol

C

critical mindset

with absolutely nothing indicating any inner laugh or vergo having any semblance of fun whatsoever. nice fanfiction though
Think the fact that he does the reverse roundfhouse kick when Sanji's leg is in the air, isn't that indicating him having fun when he should really just kick him with a front side kick or whatever? We don't know what counts as fun for him. I think he may have some sadist tendencies, so for him this was imparting psychological toll on opponent Sanji who butted in in a private affair. I don't know his real motivations there. I only find the situation extremely hilarious, and Vergo was just heavily superior, no doubt. I'd like to think that behind that seriosu exterior he has a funloving side as well

Think the fact that he does the reverse roundfhouse kick when Sanji's leg is in the air, isn't that indicating him having fun when he should really just kick him with a front side kick or whatever? We don't know what counts as fun for him. I think he may have some sadist tendencies, so for him this was imparting psychological toll on opponent Sanji who butted in in a private affair. I don't know his real motivations there. I only find the situation extremely hilarious, and Vergo was just heavily superior, no doubt. I'd like to think that behind that seriosu exterior he has a funloving side as well
No bro, that shit didnt happen. just get over it, vergo used his left leg there lmfao

It just shows that not only was Vergo a stronger kicker but a more skilled one. It highlights the gulf between the two in terms of kicking ability (an accesssory skill of Vergo as he relies on other skills for combined effect, such as rokuishiki, bamboo and haki).

Secondly It gives his character more depth because you would agree that there is playfulness in his way of fighting Sanji. He is not perceived that way by the fandom with his robotic, stoic serious mannerism, yet this stands as a complete and stark contrast to how the fandom perceives him. I highlight this playfulness of Vergo as something that I highly enjoy about him @BakiDou and frankly speaking I can not stop laughing when I think about how he took a strong opponent like Sanji and played a game with him this way.

Thirdly, Vergo is heavily underrated, but this goes to show how he truly was an arc villain that posed a real threat to the the entire group. Law was genuinely worried about Vergo, and in his mind there was a real chance of failure and threat level from Vergo. One dude. The fandom heavily disses Vergo (and Smoker btw) but Vergo was in this clash portrayed as someone that was a real mogger. He has many skills and abilities that I highlight in PL threads to show just how powerful Vergo is. It shows how he was not blowing smoke or just an empty threat. Vergo was a real threat
Real Threat?Luffy would trash him...

C

critical mindset

Vergo who first gave the impression of chambering and attacking with his left leg, changed leg and instead attacked with his right ankle (as you can see the inside of the foot is the one facing up and the stationary leg is aligned with the left hip, which means it can only be the left leg, and just see the streaks of action lines along the stationary leg that continue up the hip). This is just Vergo's way of signalling he is joking around with Sanji.

Next panel we see him swinging around his left leg for a reverse roundhouse kick. This means, and what is implied here, (but we don't get to see because Oda has a limited amount of panels so instead highlights Sanji's painful and fearful expression) he broke off the clash and left Sanji's leg hanging haplessly in the air, while he was fast enough to switch leg yet again using his left leg for a reverse roundhouse kick that Sanji barely dodges. Vergo is looking bored while doing this, as if he is just doing some light sparring with a complete noob.

Vergo toyed with Sanji in a playful manner, and the implication here is that Sanji has to be saved by plot, ie the emergency signal that revolves around Law breaching into the SAD room which Vergo has to listen in on. While Sanji is struggling for his life Vergo has to pay attention to the emergency message to divert his attention away from Sanji. A massive humiliation for Sanji.

Vergo who first gave the impression of chambering and attacking with his left leg, changed leg and instead attacked with his right ankle (as you can see the inside of the foot is the one facing up and the stationary leg is aligned with the left hip, which means it can only be the left leg, and just see the streaks of action lines along the stationary leg that continue up the hip). This is just Vergo's way of signalling he is joking around with Sanji.

Next panel we see him swinging around his left leg for a reverse roundhouse kick. This means, and what is implied here, (but we don't get to see because Oda has a limited amount of panels so instead highlights Sanji's painful and fearful expression) he broke off the clash and left Sanji's leg hanging haplessly in the air, while he was fast enough to switch leg yet again using his left leg for a reverse roundhouse kick that Sanji barely dodges. Vergo is looking bored while doing this, as if he is just doing some light sparring with a complete noob.

Vergo toyed with Sanji in a playful manner, and the implication here is that Sanji has to be saved by plot, ie the emergency signal that revolves around Law breaching into the SAD room which Vergo has to listen in on. While Sanji is struggling for his life Vergo has to pay attention to the emergency message to divert his attention away from Sanji. A massive humiliation for Sanji.

No we fucking don't.

Also, Vergo wasn't mucking around. He was shouting in frustration, also, by your own metric, unless Vergo has two right legs, he wouldn't have been able to attack the way you said he did you absolute moron.

Also, at that point, Vergo was taking Sanji seriously because he was getting in the way of Vergo resolving his 'internal matter'. Even if it was just kicking, he was trying to make Sanji move out of his way, which he failed to do with kicks alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.