Powers & Abilities ACoC strength level

But wait..Before Zoro showed acoc, he said: "If I keep releasing this amount of hacks (coa), I'm going to die." That is, Zoro could have died without even using acoc. So Zoro was in mortal danger precisely because he had to give Enma a large amount of koa to stabilize himself. If he stops doing this, Enma herself will take and dry Zoro's hand again, changing the khaki color from green to purple, mind you, not a word about acoc.
He said Haki not CoA
CoC is Haki too

This is 100% true. People seem to just ignore manga panels, whenever it suits them. AdCoC is just flowing CoC. CoC is = to the users strength & can't directly be trained.

The stronger you are, the stronger your CoC & AdCoC will be. So far Zoro only needed it against an opponent with the strongest defence in OP. CoA hardening + 2 sword style is enough to keep Lucci in his strongest form at bay.
Post automatically merged:

Mihawk has neither of those.
Just like Zoro doesnt and never will.
Why does that create an imaginary gap?
This is the same argument we heard back in Dressrosa - Luffy has G4, Zoro doesnt so he lacks behind.
Turns out the complete opposite was true the whole time.
When Oda has both Zoro and Luffy's strength at 6 pre timeskip, Luffy had both G2 & G3 and yet there was no gap. But somehow now that he has 2 extra gears, a gap appears randomly?

Just sounds like desperation from the Lika cult :milaugh:

Last edited:
If two characters have AdCoC, and one can knock out 50,000 people with CoC, and the other can knock out 100,000 people with CoC, then the one who can knock out 100,000 will have a more powerful AdCoC attack.

Base Luffy was clashing evenly with Kaido while both using AdCoC. Base Luffy, is not just as strong as Kaido is. The reason why Luffy could clash evenly with Kaido with AdCoC, is because their CoC was on the same level.

If two characters have AdCoC, and one can knock out 50,000 people with CoC, and the other can knock out 100,000 people with CoC, then the one who can knock out 100,000 will have a more powerful AdCoC attack.

Base Luffy was clashing evenly with Kaido while both using AdCoC. Base Luffy, is not just as strong as Kaido is. The reason why Luffy could clash evenly with Kaido with AdCoC, is because their CoC was on the same level.
That is not necessarily true. You still have the fact that in how well each character to use CoC.

If one character is better at releasing and using CoC than the other that could explain why one can knock out more people than the other.

Plus we just factor in how much is being used while fighting. Your CoC could be twice as strong as mine, but if I use twice as much while fighting that would explain why our clashes are even.

Whether Luffy is in base mode or G4 boundman is irrelevant when determining the strength of his CoC. The strength of a character's CoC is based on their overall strength, not including CoC of course, not how much power they are using at the time. Meaning, Luffy's base mode CoC strength is equal to his G4 boundman CoC strength.

That is not necessarily true. You still have the fact that in how well each character to use CoC.

If one character is better at releasing and using CoC than the other that could explain why one can knock out more people than the other.

Plus we just factor in how much is being used while fighting. Your CoC could be twice as strong as mine, but if I use twice as much while fighting that would explain why our clashes are even.

Whether Luffy is in base mode or G4 boundman is irrelevant when determining the strength of his CoC. The strength of a character's CoC is based on their overall strength, not including CoC of course, not how much power they are using at the time. Meaning, Luffy's base mode CoC strength is equal to his G4 boundman CoC strength.
If you have someone needing to use twice the amount of CoC, to match the strength of another persons regular CoC, then you run into the problem, where the person who uses twice the amount will deplete their Haki at twice the speed. Then what? Will we add CoC reserves to the mix, like Chakra? X character has higher reserves, and better control, so they can use twice the amount, and clash with someone with stronger CoC, for just as long?

Then you still run into the problem of how can someone who just started understanding AdCoC, have better control over it than someone who has been using it for decades? Or how do they have higher reserves than someone whose developed their CoC for decades? Now this has to be explained in great detail.

It's too convoluted, and opens up a whole new can of worms on the already confusing workings of Haki to begin with. We are too late in the game for Oda to start adding more layers to the concept of Haki.

Last edited:
That's literally zero reason for why Zoro should be stronger than people like kaido big mom whitebeard or fucking xebec. This people were monsters. Big mom was killing giants with zero haki zero fighting skills, just pure strength but apparently Zoro is so far above everything that he needs to be nerfed every single arc

He's definitely talking about asura here

This pricks disgust me the more I Converse with them. Zoro ain't even in his prime but he's stronger than people who like kaido or whitebeard in their prime?
Condom fans might be demons but zbois are devil reincarnate. How y'all are so fucking hypocrites like this
The moment oda showed the top 5 in history were swordsmen is the moment oda revealed what zoros real dream is and that is to be the strongest fighter. Coz whoever is the wss is also the strongest fighter. So Zoro has every reason to be the strongest. And ryuma is portrayed to be the strongest in history so Zoro, being the descendant, will be the strongest also.

Gap is Luffy having G5 and future sight.
I would have to disagree for a couple of reasons:
1. Luffy had FS before Wano and it made no difference, Luffy had G4 post DR and it made no difference.
2. Number of powerups is not the deciding factor, because then Garp has no business competing with the likes of Roger, WB, Kaido etc.
3. ACoC was not the only powerup that Zoro got

Let me explain a little more. When we get to Egghead the first thing we see is how strong Zoro's weakest attack (Bird Dance) has become without ACoC, compare his BD against Hody in FI, then against King in Wano and the latest in Egghead to cut the eddy. Zoro also uses Enma to deliver the attack without any showing of a drawback. Zoro's base AP has heavily grown.

Next we get to Zoro waking from a nap and blocking Kaku's attack. While Lucci vs Luffy callbacks were easily recognized, this one was not done so much. Firstly that in EL Zoro was sleeping when he met Kaku and in his sleepy state he mistook him for Usopp, here the setting is the same, Zoro is sleeping on the ship. Next is that Kaku launches his signature attack (his finisher in EL) on the ship from quite a distance. Zoro not only wakes up but also blocks the attack. Zoro's CoO has reached an entirely new level, even when WB has sleep diffing Ace, Ace was in close proximity unlike Kaku who launches the attack from a distance.

Thirdly we have seen the M3 use their Wano powerups in Egghead. Luffy has used Gear 5, Sanji has used Exo and Zoro has used Overflowing Ryou (which some retards are calling KoH). Thing is we never saw the Overflowing Ryou mode get its own separate showing in the King fight (which is partly responsible for the confusion). Overflowing Ryou is Zoro's G5 equivalent (in terms of counting powerups), KOH on the other hand is a combination of Overflowing Ryou + Overflowing ACoC and is on an entirely different tier.

I think there is a very real chance that Zoro won't get FS like Luffy but another variation of CoO some sort of ultra instinct coupled with his BOAT like how Luffy got ID CoA and Zoro didn't because the two are very different in style of combat and having same powerups would be boring for the two most popular characters in the manga. Its like Goku and Vegeta where Vegeta doesn't get UI but UE, powerups but different to suit the style of the wielder.