Powers & Abilities An Explanation of The Deal With Enma

I'd wait for th official translation, cause this does not make one bit of sense. That would mean that a) Kinemon or whoever lied back then, when he said, that Enma draws out the user's haki and b) that Enma somehow has an infinite haki pool within it, that can be used as much as you like, if you just have mastered to control it. - lol NO. That's just non sense.

It's just that Zoro can choose to let Enma go wild and with that he just told us, that he has to let it go further than he did there in order to damage Kaido significantly.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I'd wait for th official translation, cause this does not make one bit of sense. That would mean that a) Kinemon or whoever lied back then, when he said, that Enma draws out the user's haki and b) that Enma somehow has an infinite haki pool within it, that can be used as much as you like, if you just have mastered to control it. - lol NO. That's just non sense.

It's just that Zoro can choose to let Enma go wild and with that he just told us, that he has to let it go further than he did there in order to damage Kaido significantly.
Is Enma a Pokemon?
Sandai had this "want to go wild" thing, but Zoro tamed.
It's really trash for a swordsman, if his weapons decide to go wild on their own. Zoro is the one who should control the blade, not the blade fight for itself.
I understand the concept of "The stronger Zoro gets, than the better he can use Enma's power".
But the thing is, it's Enma's power, not his.
His Haki should be the enhancer for the blades, as it was indicated during his training with Mihawk. Not the other way around.

'I have to release a bit more "Enma"...'

is my translation but better to ask @EtenBoby @Shift @Aknolagon
You translation is right^^ He indeed said (i must release a little bit more of "Enma").
For me i take it as Zoro has still issue to control Enma. he probably used a little bit of his haki, because he was on his guard that Enma will draw more of his haki.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Yes, return the national treasure to the country that has been shit on for 20 years, instead of using it to defeat the monster that helped throw the country into ruins.
What a trash simbology would be to the people of Wano. To see their national treasure used to break the chains that bind that country and then allow it to return to its former glory.
Indeed that would be absolutely a trash development and not good at all to enhance Zoro's ties to the Wano country. Nerfed sword is better.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Seems like he didn't fully master Enma like Oden has just yet.

Back when he first used it, Zoro was careless and thought the sword worked like his others, but it takes more of his haki than he needs.

Let me use this explanation:

Zoro has HP (Haki Points) of 50,

Zoro pours some haki into some of his cuts, and that uses HP. For example, Zoro uses 2 HP for Rengoku Onigiri.

Wado Ichimonji and Sandai Kitetsu comply to the amount of HP Zoro is siphoning and attack accordingly.

Enma, however, uses more of Zoro's haki compared to his other swords, so Zoro is more frugal with his haki reserves, and uses 1 HP, which Enma takes up to 2 because it's trying to take Zoro's haki.

This might partly explain some of Zoro's earlier mentions about conserving their strength for Kaido. Zoro probably didn't want to risk having Enma take too much of his haki in battles that were less important. Now that he's actually battling Kaido and determining that won't cut it (pun unintended), he's going to pour more power into his strikes, even if it means Enma sucks even more haki. It's all or nothing, no use playing it safe.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Good thread, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of Z-bois are back-pedalling on their previous statements that Zoro mastered Enma in a few panels back when he first used it. Now that he failed to deal any real damage to Kaido and stated that he needs to use more of "Enma's power", apparently he never mastered it. Some of you people just need to admit your L when you took one
I was wrong about Zoro mastering Enma. I admit this because the chapter showed differently. Do you want me to obstinately insist that Zoro has mastered Enma when Zoro himself claims otherwise?
:choppawhat:

So he's trying to attack Kaido without using Haki is what you're saying ?
I don't think Zoro is deliberately not using Koka. However, Zoro did not use Koka. The options are:
  • Plot induced stupidity
    • E.g. Oda is saving Koka for certain attacks due to aesthetic or thematic reasons.
  • Zoro couldn't use Koka
    • Using Koka may cause Enma to drain too much of his haki.

I can't get behind these assumptions of him getting nerfed
I'm not assuming he was nerfed, I'm questioning why he didn't use Koka. Why do you think he didn't use Koka. To throw your question back at you: "are you assuming Zoro chose to deliberately attack Kaido without Koka?". Because Zoro did attack Kaido without Koka. That's not an assumption, it's what happened in the chapter.

I was wrong about Zoro mastering Enma. I admit this because the chapter showed differently. Do you want me to obstinately insist that Zoro has mastered Enma when Zoro himself claims otherwise?
:choppawhat:

I don't think Zoro is deliberately not using Koka. However, Zoro did not use Koka. The options are:
  • Plot induced stupidity
    • E.g. Oda is saving Koka for certain attacks due to aesthetic or thematic reasons.
  • Zoro couldn't use Koka
    • Using Koka may cause Enma to drain too much of his haki.

I'm not assuming he was nerfed, I'm questioning why he didn't use Koka. Why do you think he didn't use Koka. To throw your question back at you: "are you assuming Zoro chose to deliberately attack Kaido without Koka?". Because Zoro did attack Kaido without Koka. That's not an assumption, it's what happened in the chapter.
It's odd, it could be an omission by Oda. I recall something like this happening in PH or Dressrosa. Was it with Luffy ? There was a scene where hardening was not drawn at first, but then he revized it in the volume.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It's odd, it could be an omission by Oda. I recall something like this happening in PH or Dressrosa. Was it with Luffy ? There was a scene where hardening was not drawn at first, but then he revized it in the volume.
I think it's Zoro being careful not to release too much haki (so that Enma won't drain it all):
You translation is right^^ He indeed said (i must release a little bit more of "Enma").
For me i take it as Zoro has still issue to control Enma. he probably used a little bit of his haki, because he was on his guard that Enma will draw more of his haki.
He's acknowledging that he needs to release more of his haki in the scan. If it's corrected in the volume version I'll change my mind. I'll also update on what the official translation says.

Probably in the next strikes we see Zoro use more haki in his strikes.

It is a magic sword
No other sword takes haki and amplify it
No other sword can use haki on its own(forcing it out of the user)
It is a merciless sword that constantly drains your haki until you master it. Atm Enma is actually a nerf and once you get used to it becomes just a regular great grade blade sword same grade as shusui except it's still inferior as shusui is a black blade. So you could say Zoro has downgraded with Enma until he turns it into a black blade. The only advantage with Enma is that it gives Zoro a temporary opportunity to get stronger by getting used to it

I think it's Zoro being careful not to release too much haki (so that Enma won't drain it all):
You know, i was thinking of this potential scenario where in order to cut Kaido enough to open his scar in the end of the arc, he needs to feed almost all of his haki into the blade.

Like after he performs that feat he remains in a withered form like Luffy was in WCI when he was starving

It could lead to a cool Zoro and Sanji moment, where Sanji prepares for him an amazing meal that helps him recover. It would contrast him feeding Zoro poison and razor blades when they were fighting each other and Zoro challenged him to do it, this time instead doing his best to make him the perfect meal to heal up his body.

Yes, return the national treasure to the country that has been shit on for 20 years, instead of using it to defeat the monster that helped throw the country into ruins.
What a trash simbology would be to the people of Wano. To see their national treasure used to break the chains that bind that country and then allow it to return to its former glory.
Indeed that would be absolutely a trash development and not good at all to enhance Zoro's ties to the Wano country. Nerfed sword is better.
yes, sure because wano people definitely were happy when the ryuma grave was robbed. Not like it was a national tragedy.
The wano samurais definitely would love it to see a foreign pirate wielding the national treasure, especially after their countries was ruined by a pirate. They definitely would be supportive towards that pirate, not being skeptical or anything towards the foreign pirate. I mean, wano is a country with closed border, and we all know countries with closed border have a tendency to love and trust foreigners, right?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You know, i was thinking of this potential scenario where in order to cut Kaido enough to open his scar in the end of the arc, he needs to feed almost all of his haki into the blade.

Like after he performs that feat he remains in a withered form like Luffy was in WCI when he was starving

It could lead to a cool Zoro and Sanji moment, where Sanji prepares for him an amazing meal that helps him recover. It would contrast him feeding Zoro poison and razor blades when they were fighting each other and Zoro challenged him to do it, this time instead doing his best to make him the perfect meal to heal up his body.
I hope Zoro's final attack doesn't leave him a withered husk (at least let him fell Kaido if he's doing that :catrude:), but this would be a beautiful team bonding moment for the Strawhats.

yes, sure because wano people definitely were happy when the ryuma grave was robbed. Not like it was a national tragedy.
The wano samurais definitely would love it to see a foreign pirate wielding the national treasure, especially after their countries was ruined by a pirate. They definitely would be supportive towards that pirate, not being skeptical or anything towards the foreign pirate. I mean, wano is a country with closed border, and we all know countries with closed border have a tendency to love and trust foreigners, right?
If Zoro is revealed to be a descendant of Ryuma then i dont think they would have a problem with giving him the blade pirate or not lol

Not to mention, Zoro is one of the people who saved their country. Him being a pirate dont matter