Current Events Are the ZKK believers ready to admit that it’s over?

It was anticipitated to be used by Kidd, if it had been a group battle against Kaido.

This sword is just as useless as Denjiro in this raid.
that sword been put there as a statement,. Kaido leave a sword that huge to give message, that theres no swordsman that can kill a yonko, if there is, he needs to wield as huge as that sword.:suresure:
mihawk the so called greatest swordsman tried and couldn't even scratch a Yonko who spend most of his time in nursing home. :josad:

Like Zoro vs Ryuma, but:

a. With 2-3 chapters instead of just one
b. With a lot less dialogue
c. A trillion times much more destructive (poor planet)
d. With at least Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper watching instead of Franky and Brook
Ryuma fight still had stakes around it (beating Moria crew, getting Brook shadow back...), meaning it had a context that made Zoro get serious. Mutual respect does not change that. Same for Kaku vs Zoro.

Mihawk has none of that unless he does something completely uncharacteristic for him, at least right now.

I am all for seeing Mihawk in a real fight, but cant imagine how Oda should do that narratively in a satisfying way.

Zoro will obviously return to fight Kaido, Gear 5 won't be enough for now

Zoro will also get bodied tho after doing some damage

Maybe Zoro will get Ice Oni virus Wich awaken his full power

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Tbh, I think Kaido needs to die, but how ZKK will fulfill his dream to die magniticiently? How it will leave an impact?

It is ok if ZKK happens, but Kaido's death need to be similar to Roger and WB, how will you explain that?
That's the thing, he wishes for great death but he wont get one.
His death wont be like that of Roger, Oden or Whitebeard.
Those deaths either changed the world or saved someone.

Kaido's death doesnt achieve any of those.
Kaido's death achieves only one thing.
Hype for the one who killed the unkillable.

I am all for seeing Mihawk in a real fight, but cant imagine how Oda should do that narratively in a satisfying way.
I suspect Mihawk is closely related to World Government, perhaps even to Imu himself.
Him being hunted down by Marines is just to throw us off instead of seeing him not being hunted.
As clairvoyant, he parallels Heimdal who announced the Ragnarok which is the final war.
Zoro vs Mihawk could be the first battle that starts the great war.

Kaido's death doesnt achieve any of those.
Kaido's death achieves only one thing.
Hype for the one who killed the unkillable.

I suspect Mihawk is closely related to World Government, perhaps even to Imu himself.
Him being hunted down by Marines is just to throw us off instead of seeing him not being hunted.
As clairvoyant, he parallels Heimdal who announced the Ragnarok which is the final war.
Zoro vs Mihawk could be the first battle that starts the great war.
So Mihawk would be aligned with the worldview of the WG or just fight based on relation?

Ryuma fight still had stakes around it (beating Moria crew, getting Brook shadow back...), meaning it had a context that made Zoro get serious. Mutual respect does not change that. Same for Kaku vs Zoro.

Mihawk has none of that unless he does something completely uncharacteristic for him, at least right now.

One does not need to hate each other to fight seriously.

Luffy and Katakuri, for example. After Flampe interfered, Katakuri stopped fighting for the stake (his family) and started fighting because he wanted to win. Luffy resumed the fight in the first place purely for the sake of surpassing Katakuri. And we know they both fought seriously despite no longer having animosity to one another.

And the same can be said about Luffy vs Kaido from 1042 to 1044. They did not even pretend to dislike each other now but are fighting seriously.

Zoro and Mihawk need no stake to fight seriously. Zoro wants to be WSS, Mihawk is WSS, that's all the reason they need to fight seriously.

why wouldn't he get one? Kaido is neutral evil, he is barbaric but he values fairness, his comrades, and family, he still have slight humility, even though he was sadistic to his only daughter he still think of her future. we didn't even see his flashback, that only means he will have redemption in the end, and will achieve his peace dying honorably.

this is why i think most of you zorofanboys ignorant when it comes to anime, Kaido is victim type of villain, experience hardens his heart, kaido doesn't necessarily need to have huge impact similar to roger and WB, he just needs one thing and die like a warrior, Redemption, is the key word in here. cause kaido will absolutely look Honorable at the end similar to Zephyr, mark my words. lol

One does not need to hate each other to fight seriously.

Luffy and Katakuri, for example. After Flampe interfered, Katakuri stopped fighting for the stake (his family) and started fighting because he wanted to win. Luffy resumed the fight in the first place purely for the sake of surpassing Katakuri. And we know they both fought seriously despite no longer having animosity to one another.

And the same can be said about Luffy vs Kaido from 1042 to 1044. They did not even pretend to dislike each other now but are fighting seriously.

Zoro and Mihawk need no stake to fight seriously. Zoro wants to be WSS, Mihawk is WSS, that's all the reason they need to fight seriously.
I didnt say hate.

Luffy beating Kat, putting aside the personal challenge of wanting to surpass him, was motivated by the fact that Katakuri was the main challenge for the Strawhats to escape, Luffy does not beat him, the Strawhats ain´t getting away.
It´s the same as Luffy targeting Lucci from the get-go because he knew if he does not stop him, Lucci will go after every crewmember, which is articulated several times.

So it´s not hatred, it´s the stakes and context of sheer survival, and mostly not your own but the crew or people you hold dear.
Sure Zoro welcomed the fight vs Ryuuma to a certain extent, but the main reason behind the fight was Moria army + Brook´s shadow.
Kaku and Zoro respected each other in their fight, does not change the fact that Oda has always emphasized the crew´s role in the Strawhats´ fights, in particular to Zoro (vs Mr1 he thought of the crew while near death, vs Ohm Chopper´s condition, vs Kaku the key situation and Kaku insulting Robin....)

Of course Oda can change that (or like nik said introduce some kind of connection between Mihawk and WG), neither have examples in the manga up to now though.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I didnt say hate.

Luffy beating Kat, putting aside the personal challenge of wanting to surpass him, was motivated by the fact that Katakuri was the main challenge for the Strawhats to escape, Luffy does not beat him, the Strawhats ain´t getting away.
It´s the same as Luffy targeting Lucci from the get-go because he knew if he does not stop him, Lucci will go after every crewmember, which is articulated several times.

So it´s not hatred, it´s the stakes and context of sheer survival, and mostly not your own but the crew or people you hold dear.
Sure Zoro welcomed the fight vs Ryuuma to a certain extent, but the main reason behind the fight was Moria army + Brook´s shadow.
Kaku and Zoro respected each other in their fight, does not change the fact that Oda has always emphasized the crew´s role in the Strawhats´ fights, in particular to Zoro (vs Mr1 he thought of the crew while near death, vs Ohm Chopper´s condition, vs Kaku the key situation and Kaku insulting Robin....)

Of course Oda can change that (or like nik said introduce some kind of connection between Mihawk and WG), neither have examples in the manga up to now though.
There was no antagonism the first fight. Doesn't need it in the rematch either

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
why wouldn't he get one? Kaido is neutral evil, he is barbaric but he values fairness, his comrades, and family, he still have slight humility, even though he was sadistic to his only daughter he still think of her future. we didn't even see his flashback, that only means he will have redemption in the end, and will achieve his peace dying honorably.

this is why i think most of you zorofanboys ignorant when it comes to anime, Kaido is victim type of villain, experience hardens his heart, kaido doesn't necessarily need to have huge impact similar to roger and WB, he just needs one thing and die like a warrior, Redemption, is the key word in here. cause kaido will absolutely look Honorable at the end similar to Zephyr, mark my words. lol
Both Roger's and Whitebeard's deaths have been witnessed by the world.
Everyone came to see the execution of Pirate King and his final words set in motion the great age of pirates.

Whitebeard's death was transmitted through the whole world with video transponders in the War of the best.
His final words reinforced that One Piece does exist. He also protected rest of his crew.

Kaido's death is happening in a land closed off to the rest of the world, it will only be spread through words.
It is not saving anyone, not setting in motion another great age nor leaving an important message.

He will die but not in a way he wants. Roger, Whitebeard and Oden were "good guys," Kaido is the opposite.
I dont know how you think Kaido will get redemption considering what he has done to Wano in 25 years.
We will see but I think Kaido dies without redemption.