General & Others Balance of Powers of the Marines, Yonko and Shichibukai

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Because a part of the balance of powers is that the Yonko are each other’s enemies...
Post automatically merged:

Akainu had HALF OF THE MARINES supporting him. The DCs weren’t even fighting him like 1 minute later
Wrong. The yonko are lumped together as single world power. Marines+Shichibukai are United to counter their full might and influence. Still doesnt address what I said.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
In some senses yeah. But they are viewed and treated like individual agents, which they are.
Whitebeard wouldn’t have required the majority of the Navy forces if they had force to spare against the other 3 emperors.
WB requires that plus more for the one sided victory. Why would the marines only use a small chunk of their forces and risk losing them all? They always gun for overkill. It's no different as to how Kaido freaked out about BM fearing a war, when he had the stronger force. It's all about resource management

The Marines and WG are the ones who care about the balance.

How is there any proof of this? This is just you insisting that your interpretation is objectively right and that Garp couldn’t possibly have been referring to the 4 disunited Yonko
I have statements. Where's yours? He said the 4 Emperors are ONE power. The Marines+Shichibukai are there counter balance the remaining power which are the Emperors. Its basic grammar, not subjective interpretation.

WB requires that plus more for the one sided victory. Why would the marines only use a small chunk of their forces and risk losing them all? They always gun for overkill. It's no different as to how Kaido freaked out about BM fearing a war, when he had the stronger force. It's all about resource management

I have statements. Where's yours? He said the 4 Emperors are ONE power. The Marines+Shichibukai are there counter balance the remaining power which are the Emperors. Its basic grammar, not subjective interpretation.
Wouldn’t it make more sense that Garp was thinking of the 4 Yonko as they exist right now instead of a hypothetical 4 Yonko alliance? It has nothing to do with grammar because the Yonko being disunited factors into their overall power. Ask anyone who knows anything about military strategy and they will tell you that 4 disunited nations would be far easier to conquer than all 4 of those nations united.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Wouldn’t it make more sense that Garp was thinking of the 4 Yonko as they exist right now instead of a hypothetical 4 Yonko alliance? It has nothing to do with grammar because the Yonko being disunited factors into their overall power. Ask anyone who knows anything about military strategy and they will tell you that 4 disunited nations would be far easier to conquer than all 4 of those nations united.
I rather go by what Garp said and that the 4 Emperors are one power and they are counter balancing that power. Ya know...the THREE great powers.

I do believe real life military strategist arent dealing with people with dragon powers etc...

I rather go by what Garp said and that the 4 Emperors are one power and they are counter balancing that power. Ya know...the THREE great powers.

I do believe real life military strategist arent dealing with people with dragon powers etc...
Why are you always using “But politics!” to defend the Marines, but you won’t apply politics to the Yonko? The Yonko being disunited makes them less threatening than if they were united. It’s as simple as that.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Why are you always using “But politics!” to defend the Marines, but you won’t apply politics to the Yonko? The Yonko being disunited makes them less threatening than if they were united. It’s as simple as that.
Cause its irrelevant. BoP is created by the WORLD GOVERNMENT. The marines needed to balance out the combined power and influence of the yonko. Stop going in circles.

It turned out favorably for them, but the marines were under no illusions that they could lose Marineford. With all everything they'd prepared, victory was still not guaranteed against ONE of the four emperors, and the marines weren't able to seriously focus on anything else while doing battle with Whitebeard.

Even though the results were still favourable to them, it wasn't overkill. They needed that many forces to stand as good a chance as possible at victory.

The marines literally gathered everything they had to fight one of the four emperors and their victory was barely certain, even with home ground advantage(which they used very well). If the marines didn't fight in their home turf, things likely would have gone a whole lot worse.

Nothing suggests that the Marines have enough forces to take on ALL 4 EMPERORS AT THE SAME TIME even if they did have the warlords.

If all four emperors teamed up to fight the marines and the warlords, the marines would be wiped out.

The marines couldn't juggle capturing Rayliegh and fighting the Whitebeard pirates, so I have no idea how the hell they'd be able to manage fighting all of them at the same times.

The reason this doesn't happen, is because the emperors are fighting amongst each other just as much as they fight with the marines.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
It turned out favorably for them, but the marines were under no illusions that they could lose Marineford. With all everything they'd prepared, victory was still not guaranteed against ONE of the four emperors, and the marines weren't able to seriously focus on anything else while doing battle with Whitebeard.

Even though the results were still favourable to them, it wasn't overkill. They needed that many forces to stand as good a chance as possible at victory.

The marines literally gathered everything they had to fight one of the four emperors and their victory was barely certain, even with home ground advantage(which they used very well). If the marines didn't fight in their home turf, things likely would have gone a whole lot worse.

Nothing suggests that the Marines have enough forces to take on ALL 4 EMPERORS AT THE SAME TIME even if they did have the warlords.

If all four emperors teamed up to fight the marines and the warlords, the marines would be wiped out.

The marines couldn't juggle capturing Rayliegh and fighting the Whitebeard pirates, so I have no idea how the hell they'd be able to manage fighting all of them at the same times.

The reason this doesn't happen, is because the emperors are fighting amongst each other just as much as they fight with the marines.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...rs-of-the-marines-yonko-and-shichibukai.4234/

The influence of all 4 Yonko united is greater than just adding up their individual influences.
And according to basic grammar, marines balances it out. I need that Man Ray meme from spongebob

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...rs-of-the-marines-yonko-and-shichibukai.4234/

And according to basic grammar, marines balances it out. I need that Man Ray meme from spongebob
Grammar has nothing to do with it because nothing about the way Garp said it implies that he was saying it under the assumption of a 4 Yonko alliance. In fact, grammar dictates that Garp was referring to the Yonko as they are right now, which means disunited.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The marines not having the resources to deal with more than one living legend at a time shows that they would be screwed if the emperors stopped competing against one another and focused on annihilating them.

That post actually proves that the marines would not be able to handle fighting multiple emperors at the same time, not the other way around.
What? So what about Akainu wanting to do something about the New Rocks but was low on manpower due to the Reverie, Albasta Incident and warlords? He wanted to send a force earlier but the unknown power of the Wano samurai+samurai stopped him.

The Marines were cautious of WHITEBEARD. He has the power to sink islands aka very circumstantial. Already exaplined the Rayleigh part so I'll be repeating myself.

Grammar has nothing to do with it because nothing about the way Garp said it implies that he was saying it under the assumption of a 4 Yonko alliance. In fact, grammar dictates that Garp was referring to the Yonko as they are right now, which means disunited.
See? That's your problem...you're so fixated on this idea that you must be in an allaince for someone to access your combined threat level....once again, the Marines and WG view the Yonko as a single great power.

What? So what about Akainu wanting to do something about the New Rocks but was low on manpower due to the Reverie, Albasta Incident and warlords? He wanted to send a force earlier but the unknown power of the Wano samurai+samurai stopped him.

The Marines were cautious of WHITEBEARD. He has the power to sink islands aka very circumstantial. Already exaplined the Rayleigh part so I'll be repeating myself.
Them being low on man power suggests that they aren't as militarily supreme as your making them out to be.

See? That's your problem...you're so fixated on this idea that you must be in an allaince for someone to access your combined threat level....once again, the Marines and WG view the Yonko as a single great power.
If this is the case, then why do the Marines freak out so much about Yonko teaming up? It would make no difference according to your interpretation