General & Others Balance of Powers of the Marines, Yonko and Shichibukai

Mostly agreed, except I read it as:
Marine HQ + Warlords > Emperors.
Emperors + Warlords > Marine HQ.

It is stated many times in the story, Warlords are part of WG(Like Marine HQ) by title, but they are still Pirates(Like Emperors) by nature, can not be trusted. They are a force that can flip against either side depends on the situation, and because how strong they are, it can be decisive. Even if not flipping sides, the Warlords don't care about the Marine HQ much when fighting along side them, this was clearly shown in MF, other than Kuma who's unconscious, every Warlord has shown to be either directly or indirectly damaging the Marine assets, causing them extra trouble.
In other words, Marine HQ can never rely on the additional power of Warlords when it comes to overpowering Emperors, therefore it creates an unique balance between the 3 Major Power.

Orochi's words hold no more weight than Pica claiming he can take care of Marines(including Fujitora) + Pirates(including Luffy + Law) using his DF power.

Why have they never made an 8th warlord since. What a dumb thing to say.
No other worthy pirates have come along since then, except the Supernova. The WG would refuse to invite Luffy, and Zoro by proxy. Kid is probably too violent for their liking, so he and Killer wouldn’t be invited. Law was already a Warlord. Drake is a Marine spy. Bonney has some presumably bad history with the WG. Apoo and Bege joined a Yonko crew. The only ones without any good reason for the WG not to invite them are Urouge and Hawkins, but that can be explained away by having the WG not know how strong they are.

Why would the WG limit themselves to 7 Warlords if there are other powerful pirates willing to join?
Post automatically merged:

It just means they had a vacancy and no one to fill it lol
It was 6 warlords before Ace. It is obvious.
Hancock is the only one who I can see not being a Warlord 4 years ago. We already know that Jinbe was one by then, Doflamingo’s too. Crocodile and Moriah seem to have been Warlords for much longer than 2 years prior to their encounters with Luffy since they’re implied to have gotten decadent after gaining their Warlord titles. Mihawk is too powerful and notorious to not have been one by then. Kuma had been Vegapunk’s guinea pig for a while. Even with Hancock, I get the impression that she should have been a Warlord for much longer than just 2 years prior to the start of the story

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
No other worthy pirates have come along since then, except the Supernova. The WG would refuse to invite Luffy, and Zoro by proxy. Kid is probably too violent for their liking, so he and Killer wouldn’t be invited. Law was already a Warlord. Drake is a Marine spy. Bonney has some presumably bad history with the WG. Apoo and Bege joined a Yonko crew. The only ones without any good reason for the WG not to invite them are Urouge and Hawkins, but that can be explained away by having the WG not know how strong they are.

Why would the WG limit themselves to 7 Warlords if there are other powerful pirates willing to join?
Post automatically merged:

Hancock is the only one who I can see not being a Warlord 4 years ago. We already know that Jinbe was one by then, Doflamingo’s too. Crocodile and Moriah seem to have been Warlords for much longer than 2 years prior to their encounters with Luffy since they’re implied to have gotten decadent after gaining their Warlord titles. Mihawk is too powerful and notorious to not have been one by then. Kuma had been Vegapunk’s guinea pig for a while. Even with Hancock, I get the impression that she should have been a Warlord for much longer than just 2 years prior to the start of the story
Hancock has been a warlord since she was young wtf are you on about.
All of them except mihawk or kuma were mentioned as warlords in the ace novel iirc.

Show me once when they have ever gone over 7 warlords or stfu.

Hancock has been a warlord since she was young wtf are you on about.
All of them except mihawk or kuma were mentioned as warlords in the ace novel iirc.

Show me once when they have ever gone over 7 warlords or stfu.
Umm what? Do you not realize that you literally just helped my point? All of the 7 original Warlords had to have been Warlords by the time that Ace was invited, so he would have been the 8th Warlord

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Aside from made up power levels, the main counter argument seems to be "the yonko are disunited."

That is irrelevant for many reaons because for starters, and once again, it is the balance of the three powers, not six. The emperors are lumped together as a single power just like how the Shichibukai are a single power. The Shichibukai are not allied and are known to be uncooperative. If you want to separate the Yonko into different powers for no reason, also do the same with the warlords to make your very own balance of the 12 powers.

Aside from made up power levels, the main counter argument seems to be "the yonko are disunited."

That is irrelevant for many reaons because for starters, and once again, it is the balance of the three powers, not six. The emperors are lumped together as a single power just like how the Shichibukai are a single power. The Shichibukai are not allied and are known to be uncooperative. If you want to separate the Yonko into different powers for no reason, also do the same with the warlords to make your very own balance of the 12 powers.
Read chapter 700