Current Events Beast Pirates Hierarchy

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The viz version saying they aren't good enough to be Flying 6 is off. I think this is a rare case of the early translation being more correct, based on the raws @Monkey D. Luffy provided.

If Good is not referring to Power maybe it could mean accomplishments?
Even if the Numbers have no accomplishments under their belt, managing to take out 4 Supernovas at once is a worthy enough accomplishment on its own.

I've always speculated that the tobi roppo was above the numbers.

it also made sense that the stronger the group was, the less members were in it (hence the pyramid example). This would make sense in a crew where authority and rank is dictated by strength, and every one no matter the rank is easily replaceable, even a calamity.

To add further to this, King said to the tobi roppo that bringing back yamato would give them the right to challenge the calamities, and queen said to the rest of the no name beast pirates that he would get rid of one tobi roppo to create a open seat, with the gifters cheering and the plasures saying they don't stand a change to get it.

Based on these information my placement would look something like this:

Kaido> Calamities> tobi roppo> Numbers> other headliners> gifters> pleasures

Only the numbers ranking placement in the crew haven't be revealed, confirmed or properly explained yet.

But since they are called numbers, i speculate they could reach up towards 10-13 members at most, which is far fewer than the countless headliners in kaido's crew, but still more than the flying 6 and the 3 calamities. So going off by the theory that the members are fewer the higher the rank, the placement makes sense.
They should have 9 members. 2-10 if the Ace is discounted

I think it goes like this :
- Kaido
- all-stars
- tobi roppo - numbers
- Headliner
- Gifter
- pleasurer - waiter

Or maybe allstars (3)->tobi roppo(6)->numbers(9)
Post automatically merged:

Allstar, tobi roppo, numbers get a straight command from kaido

Last edited:
I was wondering whos the Streusen of Kaido's crew? I also saw some propose the idea of an Ace as in King, Queen and Jack.
And Yamato can't be counted as part of the Beast pirates right?
I've always (recently) that if the Ace position actually was meant to exist, it would actually be bestowed to Yamato once she was strong enough.

He planned on making her Shogun of New Onigashima (to which she's refusing) so I wouldn't think it would be too farfetched to think he reserved the highest position for her in the future (which clearly she doesn't want). Not to say that she's as strong as an Ace or stronger than King, but that would have been the potential.

I've always (recently) that if the Ace position actually was meant to exist, it would actually be bestowed to Yamato once she was strong enough.

He planned on making her Shogun of New Onigashima (to which she's refusing) so I wouldn't think it would be too farfetched to think he reserved the highest position for her in the future (which clearly she doesn't want). Not to say that she's as strong as an Ace or stronger than King, but that would have been the potential.
So do you think that the Beast pirates officers are all there, the whole hierarchy. 3 All stars, now 5 Tobiroppo and 10 numbers which half of the numbers are already out. I suppose there's Apoo and Hawkins too, but just like Drake they can switch sides at any moment. I'm crossing fingers for there to be one number on par with the Tobiroppo. Big Mom's crew seems to be of a higher caliber overall.

Top Officers = King/Queen/Jack (then Tobi Roppo, Headliners)
Top Fodder = Numbers (then Gifters, Pleasures, Waiters)

There is no Streusen. The Ace would be a Number.
I feel like the Headliners have been a let down or taken out by Luffy, Holdem, Babanuki, Daifugo. Now a lot of them serving on the alliance side under Tama.

No Streusen uh. What about Jack's fleet that had scorpions on their head.

---INTRODUCTION---

I'd like to bring forth how I think Kaido's/Beast Pirates crew works, and this page helped lead to my conclusion-

Better translations should clarify the meaning of the highlight text bubble, but Haccha's, the Number 8 of the Numbers, actions of nabbing the Supernova, per Queen's orders, suggest that the rank of Flying 6 is coveted by the Numbers, which suggest Flying 6 ranks above Numbers. And this is supported by other Beast Pirates factually below Flying 6 also attempting to achieve the position.

Kaido's crew is structured like a pyramid. I shall illustrate it as so-

(Note: Apologies for the rather crude attempt)

There has been references placed that Kaido's crew works like a Meritocracy, and the number of members in a given rank correlate with the strength of its members.

---PLEASURES AND WAITERS---

• Pleasures and Waiters are the members of Kaido's crew without a abilities. Waiters are specifically those waiting to receive a SMILE in the hopes of becoming a Gifter. Pleasures are those who have received a SMILE, but did not receive any abilities upon consumption. Rather, they lost their ability to swim and to express any other emotions.
  • They are the most numerous section of Kaido's crew, therefore the largest. We do not have a precise number of how many Beast Pirates compose these ranks. All that is known is that 9-10 who consume a SMILE become a pleasure, while those waiting are undetermined.
  • They are ostensibly Kaido's fodders.

Moving on, we have the Gifters.

---GIFTERS---

• They are confirmed the "lucky ones".
  • Their numbers are 1/10th of what comprises the Pleasures and Waiters. This is due to the 1 to 10 chance someone has at actually receiving the abilities from a SMILE fruit.

Already we are seeing a pattern. The higher the rank, the fewer members there are.

Now on to the Headliners.

---HEADLINERS---

• Described as the "chosen Gifters", they are among the elite of the Gifters. How many Gifters are chosen to be Headliners is unknown, but the fact they must be chosen naturally excludes some Gifters from becoming Headliners.
  • The position of Headliner isn't just limited to SMILE fruit users either, as some such as Hawkins and potentially Apoo are Headliners themselves. Which makes sense as Headliners are just chosen Gifters. Gifters are merely Devil Fruit users. Of which Hawkins and Apoo are. Their combat prowess would naturally include them among the Elite Gifters.

Now for the toughest rank to evaluate: the Numbers.

---NUMBERS---

Let me preface this section that we still know little about the Numbers, relative to the other ranks. However, we can deduce on where they safely settle within the power chain.

• Kaido's crew possesses a card theme. This is found through several members being named after card games, or playing card ranks, like "Queen" or "King".
  • The Numbers' faction name, as well as their number designation, may mean they work from 10-2 found in playing cards like poker and are typically rated below cards such as King/Queen/Jack.
  • This is supported by Haccha's name, which comes from 8.

• This would also mean that there are 9 Numbers in total if the numbers go from 10-2. Less members than the Headliners, Gifters, and Pleasures/Waiters, but more than the Flying 6 and All-Stars.
  • Haccha's motives for attacking the Supernovas are hard to determine, but they imply he seeks to become a Flying 6. However, his fellow crewmembers suggest he can't become one even if he tried.
  • The Numbers could be a fringe membership within Kaido's crew, but it is a fact that they rank below the All-Stars and Kaido himself, and continue the pyramid trend found among all other ranks of Kaido's crew.
  • They have been members within the Beast Pirates for at least 20 years. This is due to the fact they were present during the fall of the Kozuki family.

• In that time, they have not managed to become All-Stars.
  • Meanwhile, the Flying 6 have members being eyed for the position of All-Star, despite relatively recent additions, apparently.

Speaking of, let's move on the Flying 6, or Tobi Roppo.

---FLYING 6---

• The Flying 6 is a rank coveted from as low as Pleasures/Waiters and as high as Headliners and potentially Numbers.
  • They continue the trend of fewer, stronger. And it's made even clearer how important it is for there to only be 6 members. This is because someone can only become a Flying 6 should a spot be open. Whether it be due to a member leaving or killed.

• Due to the infrequent availability, it is possible for there to be Flying 6 caliber fighters within the Beast Pirates that are below Flying 6 in rank, such as Hawkins or Apoo. However, such outliers cannot be use to represent the typical strength discrepancy between ranks. Though it illustrates how difficult the position is at being achieved.

Now on to the highest rank within the Beast Pirates led by Kaido, All-Stars/Lead Performers.

---ALL-STARS---

• They are Kaido's closest confidants within the crew.

• They typically lead a unit made up of Headliners, Gifters, and Pleasures and Waiters.
  • They govern over regions of Wano. Queen looking after the Udon region, and Jack the Kuri region.
  • This is the only rank of which the Flying 6 are vying for.
  • The process of acquiring the rank is similar to acquiring the Flying 6 rank. The spot must be made open. While not confirmed, it appears to be a rank only Flying 6 are eligible for. That adds credence to the Flying 6 ranking just below the All-Stars within the hierarchy. And therefore, it's possible for there to be Flying 6 close to the All-Stars in ability.
  • They hold some authority over the Flying 6, as seen with Queen dispatching X-Drake and P1 under the request of Kyoshiro.

And finally, not a formal rank, but the supreme commander of the Beast Pirates, known as the King of Beasts, Emperor Kaido.

---KAIDO---

• Kaido is the sole ruler of the Beast Pirates, and therefore the sole occupant of this title and position.
  • He is the strongest member of his crew, and inspires more influence than anyone else in it. Even the All-Star King could only get the Flying 6 to heed his commands through Kaido's name.
  • There is no formal means to achieving this position within the Beast Pirates. Only way is if Kaido bequeaths the spot to someone, like his son potentially, or is defeated in battle and usurped by someone. Whether within his crew or out.
  • Kaido's position is akin to the "Ace" card in a few card games. The Ace was typically the best card, and represented the trump card.

In short, the ranks go from valuing quantity the lower they are to valuing quality the higher they are, similar to other Meritocracy systems. So what do you think? Does this paint a good picture on the Beast Pirates' inner structure? Are there some things I missed? Where do you disagree with my assessment? I'm happy to get others' perspectives.
Beautiful thread, clearly explained the meritocracy in the hierarchy of the Beast Pirates
Something I want to add is how singular Apoo's role in the Beast Pirates (informant aside) seems to be cause :
- Acts as the DJ for the crew's parties (sharing the spotlight with Queen, his superior, who is the MC) and basically gets his own area (the DJ station) where we first meet him in Onigashima
- He also seems to be the tamer of the Numbers, from my perspective a solid position of the crew. He was introduced heading them and in Onigashima too Apoo is the one who controls them and gives us some informations about them.

To add another thing, Apoo mentions 10 Numbers, not 9, so is legit to expect the other 5 Numbers to appear at some point

J

Jo_Ndule

Yamato "Ace"
------------------------- Joker
King/Queen
Jack
WhoWho
Maria/Sasaki
Ulti /P1
----------------------------- Ceasar Clown
Numbers /Headliners
Gifters
Pleasures

I do wish we got more insight into the Big Mom pirates' ranks. We have members given designated roles, like Enraged Army, or Bobbin referred to as "Fixer", as well as Linlin's children being Ministers.

but beyond Captain and Sweet Commanders, we can only infer what rank guys like Perospero and the sort have. "Veteran" serving as the unofficial term for their positions on the crew.
Big Moms crew is more like a shogi set. She has people who specialize in certain aspects with her as the sole king.

Rooks - They specialize in defending the mainland of Toto Land like a rook in shogi

Knights - They go around and collect the payments and fight those who have issue like how in a game of shogi a knight is the most mobile (Tamago)

Bishops - They take care of people who cause problems. Bishops are both offensive and defensive in just like they are in her crew (Bobbin)

Above them is the Special Pieces. Oven/Daifuku/Pero/Snack are the Silver Generals while Cracker/Smoothie/Kata are the Gold Generals.

Kaido is a straight up military.

Hes the commander in chief

Calamities are his generals

Tobi Roppo Leiutenant Generals

Headliners are Captains

Below them are the foot soldiers.

I’d say that Numbers are a task force where they don’t necessarily have a rank or authority but they’re strong members of the army.