Character Discussion Berserk and One Piece Parallels [MASSIVE BERSERK SPOILERS] {CAUTION}

At least Guts is a better written character than Zoro. If only Oda knows how to portray good swordsman.
Zoro is cool but when it comes to character development, Guts surpassed him by a miles. And no problem.:cheers:
Yet Zoro is still the second most popular character in the most popular manga in history. You’d imagine with all that lAcK oF cHaRaCtER dEvElOpmEnT he’d be far below.

Yet Zoro is still the second most popular character in the most popular manga in history. You’d imagine with all that lAcK oF cHaRaCtER dEvElOpmEnT he’d be far below.
People can enjoy a character even without character development. That's like saying everybody doesn't like Kaido because he doesn't have any character development.
Zoro had to deal with sanji for like 3 years
:endthis:
I see no hardships in there.

Zoro had to deal with sanji for like 3 years
:endthis:
@Zoro D Goat :suresure::optimistic: Sanji would sacrifice the straw hats to some good pussy. Shit Sanji was gonna sacrifice Luffy for underage Pussy
Post automatically merged:

People can enjoy a character even without character development. That's like saying everybody doesn't like Kaido because he doesn't have any character development.

I see no hardships in there.
Yea, that’s my point. People still enjoy Zoro more despite the lAcK oF cHaRacTeR dEvElOpMeNt. To compare, Sanji needs Black Maria character development feats to stay relevant. Zoro just needs to make a panel appearance and it’s a 10/10 chapter. Zoro got that shanks/mihawk level panel clout.

But Sanji never did. And he's always loyal to Luffy at the end so....:jordanmf:
Facts Loyalty.

I love how these are legitimate parallels between Zoro/Guts (even with the one eye that I didn’t include) and Sanji fans/Zoro haters came in hot guns blazing saying no no no :gokulaugh: it shows the salt that lolji needs to beef with Zoro fans to get any recognition. You wanna criticize? Why don’t you go look for parallels between Sanji and another top tier Seinen/Shounen character that doesn’t involve pansy cooking

Facts Loyalty.

I love how these are legitimate parallels between Zoro/Guts (even with the one eye that I didn’t include) and Sanji fans/Zoro haters came in hot guns blazing saying no no no :gokulaugh: it shows the salt that lolji needs to beef with Zoro fans to get any recognition. You wanna criticize? Why don’t you go look for parallels between Sanji and another top tier Seinen/Shounen character that doesn’t involve pansy cooking
Comparing Sanji to Griffith is a huge crime.

Comparing Sanji to Griffith is a huge crime.
Correction. I’m comparing battered helpless weak Eclipse Griffith sacrificing his squad and best partners to Sanji.

Pretimeskip and Post time skip Griffith is too good for Sanji. Just that fractal of time, in Griffiths lowest point is he comparable to the entire garbage character that is Sanji.

So how would Sanji become a good written character for you?
Stop simping/extreme nose bleeding and sexually degenerate behavior.
Respect other characters/crew members.
Stop throwing crew members under the bus and being a liability.
Use his cooking skills to actually make his crew stronger (like super anime protein or something).
Use his charm with women to seduce women onto his side. With Viola it was done expertly.
Continue doing Mr Prince worthy things, like opening Gates of Justice doors.
Stop feeding dog shit food to Luffy, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp; and good food to Nami/Robin/Anything 6+ with a pussy.

I could go on.

Stop simping/extreme nose bleeding and sexually degenerate behavior.
Respect other characters/crew members.
Stop throwing crew members under the bus and being a liability.
Use his cooking skills to actually make his crew stronger (like super anime protein or something).
Use his charm with women to seduce women onto his side. With Viola it was done expertly.
Continue doing Mr Prince worthy things, like opening Gates of Justice doors.
Stop feeding dog shit food to Luffy, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp; and good food to Nami/Robin/Anything 6+ with a pussy.

I could go on.
But the problem is the shounen troupe. Shounen mangaka have to create variety of characters and not just some serious and stoic characters. Oda has to create character like Sanji for funny personality and such. Not every characters has to be serious all the time.

But the problem is the shounen troupe. Shounen mangaka have to create variety of characters and not just some serious and stoic characters. Oda has to create character like Sanji for funny personality and such. Not every characters has to be serious all the time.
There is not a single line about combat/stoicism/seriousness. Charisma/Being Funny is a thing. That’s why Luffy works. And that’s why Usopp works. Sanji is a mix of these two done poorly, yet can be done flawlessly.

Zoro is done perfectly. Oda is capable of making Sanji great. He gave Senor Pink astounding character development. But Sanji has been written with saltiness. Just my two cents.

People can scream character development and compare Sanji/Black Maria to Shanks/The Bandit all they want. But it’s not gonna change that this grown ass man was getting fiddled by a mid tier combatant begging to be saved by someone who the world is searching for on Loud speaker. This is character regression at its finest.

Some nice finds you got there. I've been saying since before a lot of these kids were old enough to even be allowed to read Berserk that Zoro draws a lot of inspiration from Guts.

Kaido seems to draw his inspiration from a mish-mash of characters. Notably Yujiro Hanma from Baki, and Uighur from Fist of the North Star.

I always love finding stuff like this.

Hey, how Kaido draws inspiration from Yujiro Hanma? Btw I didnt know you read Baki!
It's been awhile since I read through Baki, but the one that sticks to me off the top of the head is that both their Epithets are the World's Strongest Creature. That's when I started looking for parallels and found quite a bit of One Piece drawing inspiration from Baki. If I get some time I'll try to go back and refresh my memory, because l never wrote it down the first time I was making parallels between the two, but I just remember as I was reading through Baki I kept getting holy shit moments.

Edit: Oh, also, Yujiro is known as "Ogre" and Kaido has the whole "Oni" theme going on.

P.S Baki is <3

Last edited: