Versus Battle Best Manga Villain

Who is the best?

• Total voters

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
What villains/antagonists do you think are the best Ali?
Hmmm

Light Yagami

Ainz Ooal Gown

Hao Asakura

In the future Julius Novachrono

I guess we could consider Lelouch as a Villain/Antagonist in a sense.

I would put White from Tower of God but it's only Manga.

Vicious

Makima

Ryoufui

Just to be a little different

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Hmmm

Light Yagami

Ainz Ooal Gown

Hao Asakura

In the future Julius Novachrono

I guess we could consider Lelouch as a Villain/Antagonist in a sense.

I would put White from Tower of God but it's only Manga.

Vicious

Makima

Ryoufui

Just to be a little different
I forgot Hao somehow..

Yeah Lucius will probably end up as a top top tier villain.

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
I forgot Hao somehow..

Yeah Lucius will probably end up as a top top tier villain.
You know it Light. Hao is goated

Yeah Lucius not Julius lol

The potential is there to be a great villain.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Can u add zeke yeager from aot and L ryuzaki from deathnote, its weird to me u put light who is protagonist in this list instead of L
Unfortunately we've reached the maximum number of poll options. I cannot add anyone else.
A protagonist can be a villain too.

You know it Light. Hao is goated

Yeah Lucius not Julius lol

The potential is there to be a great villain.
Yeah I deffo agree. Tabata needs to nail it.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I think u mistaken between a villain or an anti hero, a villain is literally a character opposite of a hero or mc but seems like light is ur fav ok then its ur thread anyway
No my dude. Those are two separate things.

An MC can be a villain. It's not common, but it happens.

For instance, Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. He's the mc but also the bad guy of the movie.

MC being the hero is the most common occurrence, but it is not necessary.

Mashiro Blue

โ€Ž
An anti hero is someone who is still a hero but not in the conventional definition of an hero. It may do immoral things to achieve the greater good. The end justifies the means.

A villain acts for selfish reasons to further his own goals without any care for others or takes pleasure in causing suffering to others.

I think it's down to Griffith and Johan Liebert. No one in the list even come close imo...but then i can't decide between the two. Both are extremely original, immense, larger than life. I'm gonna choose Griffith since he is so dreamlike and alike to a fantasy even just by himself.

Where is Shishio? Where is Sensui??? Anyway, I am going with Johan here. Griffith is a great contender, but right now he is seen as a hero in his universe and hasnโ€™t done anything villainous for quite some time.

Riboku (Kingdom) is not really an antagonist in my eyes. He is a loyal, humble, kind guy. He just happens to be on the opposite side of the protagonists in a war.

Hanma Yujiro (Baki) is missing from the list. He is one of the greatest manga villains alongside Griffith, Aizen, Light, etc. Yujiro is pure evil but still beloved by the fandom.

I rewatched Fate Zero recently. I have to say Kotomine Kirei is an awesome villain and deserves a place on this list.

Riboku (Kingdom) is not really an antagonist in my eyes. He is a loyal, humble, kind guy. He just happens to be on the opposite side of the protagonists in a war.

Hanma Yujiro (Baki) is missing from the list. He is one of the greatest manga villains alongside Griffith, Aizen, Light, etc. Yujiro is pure evil but still beloved by the fandom.

I rewatched Fate Zero recently. I have to say Kotomine Kirei is an awesome villain and deserves a place on this list.
Kotomine kirei is goated

Viscous is from a anime not a manga

but as for my answer, it's light. he has the best writing out of all of them given his story is allowed to cool down and minutes of character development versus alot of these other shows which have the need for constant action so story is often put to the wayside, Can you even tell me anything about why aizen does what he does or what's his past exactly we know nothing about his character cause the anime has the need to fight constantly ignoring any and all character building
Post automatically merged:

You can recommend more that will be added to the poll. Of course you may state others that are not in the poll as well.
Add guren

and myotismon

Kotomine kirei is goated
kirei would of never been a villain if not for gilgamesh causally manipulating him

Gil is the best character in fate

Last edited:
Viscous is from a anime not a manga

but as for my answer, it's light. he has the best writing out of all of them given his story is allowed to cool down and minutes of character development versus alot of these other shows which have the need for constant action so story is often put to the wayside, Can you even tell me anything about why aizen does what he does or what's his past exactly we know nothing about his character cause the anime has the need to fight constantly ignoring any and all character building
Post automatically merged:

Add guren

and myotismon

kirei would of never been a villain if not for gilgamesh causally manipulating him

Gil is the best character in fate
Gilgamesh is god like villain representing direct lust and power where kotomine is the product of his hidden twistedness. Both are goated.

Gilgamesh is god like villain representing direct lust and power where kotomine is the product of his hidden twistedness. Both are goated.

Gilgamesh is a arrogant king who sees himself as entited to everything, it's why he liked athuria so much
she denied him and that attracted him. he says as much himself

representing direct lust
same guy who refused being iskander's ally because he only had one friend and didt want to devalue, his relationship with endiku

portraying gilgamesh as a lustful man who will sleep with anyone is beyond untrue, he outright refused to bed ishtar as a example
he has only two people who he likes and he lives this way throughout al of fate so he sees saber or athuria as a partner and endiku as a friend, He would never like anyone else as to not devalue those relationships

B

Ballel

Just as the title says, who is the best villain in manga?

I'll note down some villains off the top of my head. You can recommend more that will be added to the poll. Of course you may state others that are not in the poll as well.

You may vote for 5 of them.

Imo it's Johan Liebert.
Johan Liebert is the titular monster of the series. He is the main antagonist of the entire manga.
At first glance, one would describe Johan as a well-mannered, charismatic, and compassionate yet somewhat reserved young man who possesses a plethora of favourable traits and can easily overwhelm individuals with his seemingly flawless nature, as seen with Hans, who describes him as being not of this world. This meticulously crafted facade makes it easy for him to make new allies and manipulate them into doing various deeds for him through the influence of his supposed friendship and good will. With such skill in creating this sense of perfection and pureness, Johan hides his true motives with ease.

Within this contrived exterior, however, Johan callously delivers destruction and suffering to those who happen to fall prey to his schemes. Even before his tenure at Kinderheim 511, Johan still exhibits psychopathic tendencies. For instance, most of his murders, both in childhood and adulthood, have been premeditated and calculated.

Johan often shows a complete disregard for life by pointing to his forehead, inviting Dr. Kenzo Tenma to shoot him.

The product of a clandestine eugenics program founded to create an โ€œรผbermenschโ€ intended to lead all of humanity, the boy who later came to be known as Johan and his sister were subjected to unspeakable cruelties by their handlers. An uncompromisingly cruel and violent sociopath, Johanโ€™s outward exterior is nonetheless that of a generous and soft-spoken young man with a naturally affable personality. Caught being the split of two dissociative personalities; one sadistic, the other helplessly empathic, Johanโ€™s talent for persuasion is best exemplified in one of his most favorite hobbies: grooming serial killers. Johan possesses an intuitive, almost preternatural ability to identify the latent neurosis of psychopathic personalities, ingratiating himself with them, beguiling them, until finally manipulating them to commit acts of violence on his behalf through a combination of equal parts intimidation and seduction.

Many of Johan's beliefs run consistent with nihilism, as he does not see any meaning to life. He claims, 'Most of this universe is 'death' anyway,' and that to the universe, 'most lives are just specks in a corner of the earth, gone in a flash.'

Johan also has a tendency to make his victims experience the worst possible loss and suffering rather than actually killing them himself; this experience often leads to the victims killing themselves, however. Helmut Wolf is a prime example of this; instead of simply being killed, Wolf is forced to watch as all of his close relatives and acquaintances die, one after another, all so he can feel what Johan felt, solitude.

What is so frightening about Johan is that he possesses this terrifying ability to turn people into monsters using just his words. For instance, he could turn them into serial killers without even lifting a finger. The usage of his manipulative tactics exposes the true nature of humans and using this, he corrupts their souls. In a way, he exposes humanity in its worst image, portraying them as nothing but psychotic killers. Furthermore, these tactics were displayed from an early age, where he was the cause of a tragic massacre at his orphanage, 511 Kinderheim. On that occasion he used stories in order to convince the children that were there with him to murder the staff and then murder each other whilst he was sitting on his throne and observing all of it. During the massacre in Kinderheim 511 fifty children and instructors were in a chaotic battle, all of them fighting and killing. Whilst all of this is happening, Johan just sits on a throne and watches as the chaos unfolds and the whole orphanage becomes engulfed in flames.

He is a genius-level mastermind with the goal of being the only one standing, although that changes later in the series.

Johan uses his wits to commit his evil with no help from supernatural elements at all. Just with his manipulative tactics, intelligence and the knowledge of how the human mind can be corrupted. Then he executes his plan, creating monsters out of nothing except carefully chosen words. That's what makes him genuinely horrifying. The scary thing about the way this character is portrayed is that a person like this could actually exist in real life, there could be someone out there like Johan in this world. The realism this character expresses throughout the anime really makes you think about the possibility that there could be a person like this out there, which is what makes him that much scarier.

Johan's experiences as a child could make one wonder if Johan is truly THE monster or was he shaped that way by the people around him. In order not to spoil much, I will briefly go through them. Johan was experimented upon and was being raised as the new Hitler by the government. Kinderheim 511, where Johan was sent, was a horrid place where children were treated like criminals and experimented on in an attempt by the government to create perfect soldiers. Johan's mentors had always nurtured Johan's skill for manipulating others with no conscience. However, when confronted, they claimed that Johan was already a "monster" when he first came to the orphanage.

The crucial, defining difference between Johan and others is substance to the claim of his supremacy. Despite all that he was able to accomplish over the course of Naoki Urasawaโ€™s Monster โ€” manipulating over fifty people to kill one another through suggestion alone, framing the man who saved his life for murder, operating a massive money laundering operation at the heart of Germany, and coordinating a shadow network of killers to do his biddingโ€” Johan has no special abilities to speak of, save for intelligence. No magical notebook capable of killing anyone whose name is written in its pages, no unholy totem gifting him with the blessing of divine fate, no special devil fruits that bestow magical powers, nothing. He is a human being, no more and no less, and that is precisely what makes him so terrifying. Furthermore, he exemplifies best the key idea that evil, far from being a vast and inhuman concept, is actually intimate. He is as a spider, weaving a web of criminality and chaos wherever he goes. Finally, he is, without question, a monster.
Incredible charisma for starters.
> Monstrous, as mentioned in the manga. Reminiscent of Christ's.

Immense intelligence as well.

> Impeccable grades
> Learned English and French in less than 13 months
> Touted as being perfect at Latin, law, business, and actually at all forms of study
> Started and ran an underground bank used for money laundering when he was 15 years old

Immense charisma, amazing intelligence, the ability to accurately read people and place them in positions in which he can control them. That's how.

This was actually explained in the novel 'Monster: The Investigative Report'

How does one manipulate and control another person this way?
โ€œItโ€™s simple,โ€ Mr. Lunge stated. He asked me where I was currently living. When I answered Vienna, he said, โ€œThen, can you draw me an accurate map of the city, depicting every single road?โ€ I wracked my brain to conjure up a mental map of Vienna, and began drawing a simple map on my notepad, as he intently watched my facial expressions. When I admitted defeat, saying that I could not possibly draw an accurate map, he took what I had written.
โ€œWhat area of Vienna is this?โ€ He asked.
I sheepishly said that it was the neighborhood I lived in, and he responded, โ€œThen to you, this is the center of the city; no, the center of the world,โ€ as he looked at me. โ€œWhen you imagine the place called Vienna, you use your living space as a starting point, and think of roads and places as they relate to your locationโ€ฆ And even when given an actual map of Vienna, you most likely see your neighborhood as the center."
When I nodded to show that I understood, he went on. "In the very center of your mind, just like this map, there lies the foundation of your ego โ€“ your identity.โ€
I nodded again.
โ€œBut suddenly, your coordinate axis is removed. There is no meaning to this centerโ€ฆ there is a much more appropriate center for your heart. This is the reality of what we call brainwashing.โ€ He smiled. โ€œAnd when a human beingโ€™s mental axis is removed and they are lost, you gently and carefully entrap them with words, not giving them the opportunity to think, offering them a new place to liveโ€ฆ You will find that human beings follow the instructions of whoever furnished them with this new homeโ€ฆ They become surprisingly docile.โ€

Some tags to get this rolling. Apologies to anyone not interested in this.
@Cinera @TheAncientCenturion @Topi Jerami @Aknolagon @Patryipe @Shanal @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @MarineHQ62 @rerere @Seth @Zowo @Peroroncino @Veku @Geo @sanjikun @Kiiro @Wanji CUCKSMOKE @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @TheKnightOfTheSea @Garps tekkai @Midnight Delight @Van @Ice devil slayer @Monet @Reborn @Cuistot @Fenaker @RayanOO @ShishioIsBack @Orojackson Refugee @Dragomir @Sword God Ryuma @DarkWitch @stormylife @Mr. Anderson @HA001 @Don DaSlayer @Afroking @ZenZu @NotTommy @Zoro D Goat @Yasheen @AdmiralKinyagi @Tripod @Kuro Ashi @ThatMojaveCourier06 @Phoenix @soheilhazrat @Straight From Laughtale @Jailer @ReggieZoldyck21 @Bogard @Gol D. Roger @Dr_Professor83 @bennbeckman @SinOfGreed @Zenos7 @Garp the Fist @Marimo_420 @stairs-kun @ZenZu @worst pirate @Photon @LuffyMazino @Finalbeta @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @HAJIKATA @Sade @ShinmenTakezo @ShadyOjiro @JazzMazz @Rivaille @comrade @Zoro D Goat @Shiroyru @Cannibal @Nidai_Kitetsu @Daikenki @Gensui Sazid @Ichiro Miyata @Fujishiro @Zara @Yelan
@Queen
@Zoro
@Van
@playa4321
@Celestia
@Grumpy Zoro
@Ice devil slayer
@KiriNigiri
@Veljko2000
@rednose
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Monet
@Veku
@BigChungus2018
@Crooc
@Reborn
@BossYimz
@Robin swan
@gojo
@Fenaker
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@ShishioIsBack
@Orojackson Refugee
@Greenbeard
@Dragomir
@Sword God Ryuma
@Sentinel
@IceWitch
@Himura
@DarkWitch
@stormylife
@Mr. Anderson
@yunzabit heights
@Monster trio
@Vonal
@Don DaSlayer
@Xione
@Master OF Haki
@Topi Jerami
@Yukihime
@bennbeckman
@Thabeast
@SaintBellkin
@SinOfGreed
@Zenos7
@Lucas
@JioFreed
@pedxi
@Zowo
@Luslec
@style
@Luffy is the mc
@Guymieux
@Mikail
@KINGKONGGUN15
@RyumaZoro
@worst pirate
@ZenZu
@LuffyMazino
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@HAJIKATA
@Jackteo
@Tamerani
@Marimo_420
@Garp the Fist
@Kejon
@Fukki
@Flower
@Sunita
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Skiddo
@KageyamaShoyo
@Elcadar
@Finalbeta
@Bullet
@Dark Hound
@Patryipe
@Light D Lamperouge
@Enma
@Owl Ki
@ZoroIsOverrated
@ShinmenTakezo
@Jack
@Admiral Lee Hung
@Bogard
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Shiroyru
@Camie
@ShadyOjiro
@Benn beck
@SethTrollins
@MarimoHeado
@Foxy Bunny
@Bittersteel
@comrade
@Cyrus the Cactus
@OmegaPsyche
@SHIHI
@Zoro D Goat
@critical mindset
@kurwa
@WillOfMyD
@Jo_Ndule
@Reddot4
@Exodia.
@nik87
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Gambit
@Monkey D Theories
@TheAncientCenturion
@Haoshoku
@Geo
@Yo Tan Wa
@Izaya X
@Gonโ€™s Missing Arm
@Albino ๐Ÿ‘‘
@MasterD
@SmokedOut
@HeroesNZ
@Cinera
@Murilo
@Dark Knight Sanji
@Afroking
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Chaves
@Rivaille
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@MonsterZoro
@Gol D. Roger
@Soleus
@Aknolagon
@Emperor Nami
@Constantine
@Gensui Sazid
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@Hanzo hattori
@Buggy D Clown
@silverfire
@yorosenpai
@Tenshi No Konan
@Guan Yu
@Artorias
@Kiwipom
@zorojurou
@MD Zolo
@Brix
@Chrono
@HA001
@Sadistic Senpai
@bblue
@MarineHQ62
@KenshiraSonata
@Erkan12
@Buusatan94
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Garps tekkai
etc
In case you wrote this Johan Liebert walloftext character analysis yourself: Get a life