Character Discussion Better portrayal: Marco vs Katakuri

Who?

• Total voters
J

Jo_Ndule

Talk about being selective
What exactly has Marco done in NW or wars?
He even needed savings himself from shackles at MF

Marco is the only dude hyped despite failing to damage ane beat or dominate anyone since intro.
Post automatically merged:

He clashed phycially with Bm without being overpowered does that count
He never matched her physically.

If he did, he would break free my kicking /punching bm arm yet he stood there doing nothing until plot saved him

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
What exactly has Marco done in NW or wars?
He even needed savings himself from shackles at MF

Marco is the only dude hyped despite failing to damage ane beat or dominate anyone since intro.
Dude, Marco's been fighting people who'd make Katakuri and him mom look like scrubs while Katakuri's busy faking his undefeated track record by bullying the likes of Jinbe and Luffy.

J

Jo_Ndule

Dude, Marco's been fighting people who'd make Katakuri and him mom look like scrubs while Katakuri's busy faking his undefeated track record by bullying the likes of Jinbe and Luffy.
Yes faking records in NW while bmp fought wbp.
Marco busy getting stalemated by Pero.

Oda killed already all of these trolls. Marco couldn't beat Katakuri, he was dealing with Perospero more than he ever did vs kata.

Do you think Jinbei , Oven and Luffy are liars? To believe katakuri is invincible?

Fighting a top tier is overrated ... People were below kata , fought and clowned top tiers...survived
In fact, you won't rate Kunnemon> Marco based on feats yet you wanna rate Marco > feats for doing nothing much and having no actual indivual hype and portrayal

Prove to me Marco > Kinnemon
I'm waiting

Nope. G3 Luffy and non RS Sanji also clashed with Big Mom's zeus-reinforced fist. Jinbe blocked Big Mom's cognac. Rather than judging single clashes, you have to judge their physical capabilities as a whole. Physically, Big Mom is way superior to Marco.
Yes both clashed with her and Marco did it alone ! thats big news its just hypes Marco more because this was one o one
Jinbe blocked an thin Moms attack and he was pushed away afterwards from a thin mom
This shows physcially capabilities Marco took her head on Luffys gear 3 made Kaidos dragon form fall

See above. BM primarily attacked with Prometheus that was beaten by Marco´s flames.
Sanji and Luffy, two mid tiers in that state at least, did that as well.
Did not match her physically like Kong Gun did though.
Its not about the flames its about physically clashing they both hit with there fists head on empowered by flames even if Marco hurt prometheus by your logic BM must have physcially pushed him away but she couldnt !

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yes faking records in NW while bmp fought wbp.
Marco busy getting stalemated by Pero.
These are blatant lies...Damn not only the guy rides on fake hype in the manga but he's also forcing his fans to use lies to make him look stronger than he actually is

Do you think Jinbei , Oven and Luffy are liars? To believe katakuri is invincible?
How can you be invincible when you're beatable? Luffy himself pronounced him beatable and ultimately proved that his fake invincible hype is indeed fake by beating him.

Fighting a top tier is overrated ... People were below kata , fought and clowned top tiers...survived
In fact, you won't rate Kunnemon> Marco based on feats yet you wanna rate Marco > feats for doing nothing much and having no actual indivual hype and portrayal

Prove to me Marco > Kinnemon
I'm waiting
Fighting top tiers may be an overrated feat but that's still better than bullying WCI Luffy who's leaps beneath the admirals. Kin'emon never fought a top-tier in a one on one, What are you even talking about?

How can you be invincible when you're beatable? Luffy himself pronounced him beatable and ultimately proved that his fake invincible hype is indeed fake by beating him.
Using Luffy as a rebuttal of Katakuri's undefeated hype is nonsensical. That dude, in a span of a few months, grows from being YC level to beating Kaido, lol. So next Kaido's hype is fake cuz Luffy beats him?

J

Jo_Ndule

These are blatant lies...Damn not only the guy rides on fake hype in the manga but he's also forcing his fans to use lies to make him look stronger than he actually is

Fighting top tiers is may be an overrated feat but that's still better than bullying WCI Luffy who's leaps beneath the admirals. Kin'emon never fought a top-tier in a one on one, What are you even talking about?
so now is about 1 v 1?
Why is jinbei below Marco then?
Why is g3 lufft below Marco?
They fought admirals 1 v 1 too
Jinbei fought linlin 1 v 1

That's like asking how areoden, linlin , kaido invicinble if rhey are beatable... they are only beatable if you have enough requirement to beat them .

Show me anyone saying katakuri record is a lie...no one
It's not a lie, bmp clashed wbp... Marco was fighting Peto more.

According to you Marco is better for fighting top tiers but now it's about 1 v 1... we know he never hurt them anyway.
Then after that? You'll make up excuses
.u don't need katakuri to fight a top tier, if base or g2/g3 luffy can do it while pitying with fuji or being casual vs kaido now.... imagine Katakuri who has g3++ AP and g4 speed.
Linlin too didnt fight top tiers at WCI... but but

You got nothing to prove Marco > kinnemon based on feats if we take "fought Top tier arguments" seriously .

What's your exvhse for Marco not hurting or doing better vs injured Akainh with help from wbp?
Kinnemon and group at least pushed kaido to mid diff... what about Marco?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Did Luffy become invincible after beating the invincible Katakuri? Or Is he still beatable?
Is your point that Katakuri is not actually invincible? Well, we all knew that lol. But if the best you can say against Katakuri is that the guy isn’t literally unbeatable, then he’s in pretty good shape lol. No other First Mates have people trying to convince others that they aren’t invincible.

Katakuri:
  • Has never been stated to have defeated anyone strong ever,
But the entirety of WCI said that Luffy defeating Katakuri was impossible after Luffy had defeated Doflamingo and Cracker lol.

Outright confirmation that people perceive him as so powerful that Doflamingo or cracked defeating Katakuri is impossible.

But you’re right, I’m sure Katakuri has never fought anyone strong
:kuzanope:

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Is your point that Katakuri is not actually invincible? Well, we all knew that lol. But if the best you can say against Katakuri is that the guy isn’t literally unbeatable, then he’s in pretty good shape lol. No other First Mates have people trying to convince others that they aren’t invincible.
Did I sound like I am trying to convenience people that Katakuri is not literally invincible when I am reminding them he lost to WCI Luffy? Did you seriously thought I am not familiar with hyperboles?:seriously: Just how dumb do you think I am? :josad:

The Phoenix who has fought the worlds strongest pirates and marines on several occasions

Or the Insecure man child who lost to a 19 year old, scared to show his face lest he face criticism, and hasnt fought any notable names yet claims he's "undefeated" Man doesnt even leave his island. Just chilling eating donuts and living a lie lol Needed a young Bull to show him what he can be in this world if he's not self conscious, restricted by his mothers whims and familial ties.

"If you dont know defeat, its only because you've been picking on people weaker than yourself. There's a word for that. Its Embarrassing" - Sakota Takefumi {Worst}

Let Katakuri face off with the names or situations Marco has, He's getting toasted.

As far as portrayal, the Gororsei mentioned Marco could be in the running to replace WB's Yonko seat. If BM went down they not saying that for Katakuri imo

All that said I actually like Katakuri but he's no Marco lol

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Donut eel >>> Pineapple chicken
:cheers:

Using Luffy as a rebuttal of Katakuri's undefeated hype is nonsensical. That dude, in a span of a few months, grows from being YC level to beating Kaido, lol. So next Kaido's hype is fake cuz Luffy beats him?
Crydo hype is definitely fake. Crydo a fraud, and an ambush artist.

Conqueror's Haki, Future Sight, Logia, Undefeated. I think it's quite clear who has the better portrayal. All Marco has that's anywhere Top TIer is his DF.

The one who didn't go down in 13 hits after failing to put down his opponents despite hitting him 113 times
This dude got taken out of a war by a Vice Admiral with handcuffs. Please stfu

Try defeating Katakuri with such stupid tricks.

Still waitin for the list of credible people Kata has beaten to be called "Undefeated"
Beating Oven, Page One of BP/WBP/RHP dont count. anyone can beat them. Gimme the list of dudes that matters like top YCs/Admirals/Yonkos/Comparable Independent powerhouse/WG agents of similar level etc.
A high tier is known as the Undefeated whereas we have arguably one of the strongest if not the strongest rocking his 7 defeat:luuh:
i will take "The Loser" with his seven defeat over the so called Invincible Undefeated guy any day of the week:specialmeh:
if anyone wondering i am also Undefeated
well u cant lose if u dont fight:willsmith:

cuz i swear ppl are taking these hype too literary. the more and more we delve into the yonko arc the less and less it seems "Yonko fights intensely among them for territory".
latest addition to this Yonko fight drama was Queen with his spectacular insight about Marco "What Kind of power is this? Is he Invincible or something?"

oh wait...invincible...:smart:
Invincible Marco Vs Invincible Kata?? Who is the true Invincible?:wonderland:

Yeah you’re right, WCI Luffy was far above Sabo lol. Katakuri would probably mop Sabo up in 30 seconds or less.
Sabo was stronger than Luffy back then. Let's not shit-post, you were wrong, just accept it.

was that a joke? i can never tell with you.
Who knows, Ben Beckman needs to prove himself stronger than Tashigi first.

What is "Kizaru's defense?" Just holding up his arm. And Marco admitted his kick was ineffective. So now you know Marco's capabilities better than Marco himself? Interesting.

Just as gear less pre TS Luffy knocked Aokiji into the air when Aokiji was on guard. So yeah, nothing to do with power.

Akainu said haki users are annoying. But still shape shifted around the attack and remained unharmed.

No he wasn't. Gorosei said Marco and the remnants of the WB pirates might be one of the forces capable of stopping Teach, which was proven false, as Blackbeard trashed them.

I hear excuses.

He didn't really. He was mainly on the defensive. Katakuri was the one who dodged everything effortlessly and used boundman as a punching bag.

Your point? He is a conqueror and those have higher potential. He also hid his face not because of personal insecurity but because he wanted to be strong and perfect for his siblings as a means to protect them. The flashback confirmed it. So different motive.

Luffy didn't use FS against Kaido the first time, as he was in rage.

Both DFs have advantages.

His twin brother said the captain should be determined by power, hence Katakuri should be the leader.
Marco kicked at Kizaru, Kizaru blocked it, said it hurt (he blocked it so at best he bruised his arm), marco said he was lying, then followed through, overpowering kizaru's strength and ragdolling him, without using his devil fruit (marcos)

Aokiji was toying with the monster trio, don't shit-post and make up stuff about how kizaru wasn't trying against marco, you'd just look stupid.

Akainu didn't shape shift, he was cut open, then reformed cuz he's a logia, logia can reform, I've been through this argument 1000 times and people make excuses to damage control despite us having clear examples like jozu crushing through aokiji. ONly serious damage can't be regenerated, but if you get a shallow haki attack that doesn't absolutely wreck you, you can reform. Akainu didn't shape shift around the attyack, and he wasn't unharmed, he literally gritted his teeth, had shake lines, was pushed back, groaned in pain, and complained about them being haki users.

Marco would be a yonkou rn is blackbeard wasn't around, yada yada.

You hear facts you can't accept.

Having conquerors doesn't have any combat application till at least you have some advanced form of it, it's a leadership trait, unless you're claiming orlumbus has more potential than zoro or something.

Katakuri is an introverted little insecure child still.

Luffy used future sight against kaidou, you could literally see his eyes open wide and go "i'm fucked", it's genuinely cute how you think future sight lets you avoid all attacks when we saw pre gear 4th luffy tag katakuri.

Mystical zoan > katakuri's devil fruit. Mystical zoans are literally zoan stat boosts (and in marco's case, a flight ability) + a paramecia ability in one. In marco's case, his secondary ability that is paramecia like is his healing/ability to morph his flames how he wants to dodge lasers and stuff like katakuri's devil fruit. Marco literally has everything katakuri has but future sight, but he also has higher physical stats + flight + his healing.

His twin brother said that, that isn't the rule. Daifuku (I believe itw as him and not oven) said that to go to bat for his brother taking over, just like there are people who say perospero should take over, cuz he's honestly bot bigger balls + is smarter.

Sorry that perospero would take over the crew 60% likely.

Last edited: