Future Events Big mom will kill Garp

ugh. can someone remind the yonkostans this is not a Vs battle thread? this is a discussion thread. its not power level. we get it, an active yonko can beat a out of prime 78 old retiree. Congrats. now move on and discuss the ACTUAL topic of this thread. its about Big Mom killing Garp Not Can she beat him in a fight?

why would BM kill Garp? why would Garp even come to Wano? How would these 2 would meet? How many times did the MC of One Piece lose a loved one? How many times did it happen due to an Enemy? Does BM has similar relevance to those enemies? How does killing Garp helps Big Mom grow/develop as a Villian? Is Big Mom set out to be one of the final villain in Luffy's path? Is she even surviving Wano?(as a villian, not saying she will die) If she is killing Luffy's Grandpa where is the buildup if it happens in wano?
Reminder This is One Piece not GoT. ppl just doesnt die randomly
In game of thrones people dont die randomly, there is a reason for their death and its usually foreshadowed by their actions, please dont use Dumb and dumbers tv version to judge how it is. They started killing off people randomly for shock value, not understanding what made GOT great in the first place. For example, luffy wouldve died in GOT if he choose to attack kaido the way he did because its not smart and he deallt a great deal of damage to his operation.

Anyways, where is the buildup of ace dying to akainu? There was none up until akainu fisted him, so i dont get your point.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
General question(s) for you, @Fujishiro - let’s say I agree that Linlin is stronger now than ever before, which would totally defy the logic behind the aging process in any reality including fake ones; by that same logic, what’s preventing Garp from growing stronger in old age as well? Before you bring up the panel from EL when he said he wasn’t as strong as he used to be, what in the story leads you to believe that he isn’t still stronger than Big Mom even now? She can be more powerful today than she was at God Valley, that doesn’t automatically preclude the possibility that she’s still weaker than Garp.

What makes you say that?
A hunch, even tho akainu said they are not diverting forces cause they dont have them at the ready, sengoku then asked him a question about oden and why is it that so many strong pirates seem to be attracted to wano. They left things open ended on that front. Also, hawkins told luffy that after a month his chances of survival in wano would be 19%. I believe that is Oda giving us a deadline of how long the arc would be. Right now we are at the begining of the 3rd week and it is still the 3rd act, the act thats supposed to end in tragedy for the heroes.

I believe X Drake will be ousted as a spy amidst the chaos, that him and the alliance will lose this first battle, and that part of the alliance will escape through the SN boats, while the most notable ones( im thinking kidd,luffy,zoro,law,x drake) get captured and set for execution in the flower capital ( mirroring odens execution).

I believe they will televise it to the world to announce their alliance and the return of rocks, and the marines will see xdrake there. Akainu will want to save face and enough time shouldve passed for the things with the warlords( that will be happening in parralel while all of this is going on) are settled. They will divert forces to wano.

And all the while, we may finally get a kaido flashback describing his life and all that. The day of the execution, marines/grandfleet/bb come crashing through, and where Oden failed( trying to shoulder all the responsability), luffy will succeed by using his greatest weapon of all. His ability to gain allies and also accepting their help as he showed multiple times throughout the series.

Thats how act 4 will begin, triggering a huge war accross wano. Either way, luffy always defeated the main villain thats oppressing a country in plain view of its citizens. Wouldnt make sense for that to happen in onigashima.
Post automatically merged:

General question(s) for you, @Fujishiro - let’s say I agree that Linlin is stronger now than ever before, which would totally defy the logic behind the aging process in any reality including fake ones; by that same logic, what’s preventing Garp from growing stronger in old age as well? Before you bring up the panel from EL when he said he wasn’t as strong as he used to be, what in the story leads you to believe that he isn’t still stronger than Big Mom even now? She can be more powerful today than she was at God Valley, that doesn’t automatically preclude the possibility that she’s still weaker than Garp.
Because garp himself stated that he is getting weaker, and im not talking about current times. I was merely disputing the fact that garp didnt beat prime bm back then since she wasnt in her prime as she was 28-30.

Because I believe that the current yonko while weaker than primebeard and roger, they are not by much, if roger is 100 then they are 96-99. Roger and primebeard were the cream of the crop but not in another tier imo, as nothing really showed that. So if we go by the logic that BM even back then was a thing that roger was wary off, ie he preffered sneaking in and taking her poneglyph rather than directly confronting her. Add to the fact that she ruled for decades with no one making her budge, nor ever getting any scar whatsoever.

And then roger considering admirals( sengoku /garp) to be a legit threat, leads me to believe that. So if we go by logic, and then have someone whose retired and a decade older than another person in the same tier who is also still active and ragdolling high tiers. It stands to reason to believe that the later would win is it not?

Worst

Custom title
Because BM doesn't work like regular humans (like Garp), Garp is sure a legend and still quite a monster for his age, but BM would fking destroy him......

A hunch, even tho akainu said they are not diverting forces cause they dont have them at the ready, sengoku then asked him a question about oden and why is it that so many strong pirates seem to be attracted to wano. They left things open ended on that front. Also, hawkins told luffy that after a month his chances of survival in wano would be 19%. I believe that is Oda giving us a deadline of how long the arc would be. Right now we are at the begining of the 3rd week and it is still the 3rd act, the act thats supposed to end in tragedy for the heroes.

I believe X Drake will be ousted as a spy amidst the chaos, that him and the alliance will lose this first battle, and that part of the alliance will escape through the SN boats, while the most notable ones( im thinking kidd,luffy,zoro,law,x drake) get captured and set for execution in the flower capital ( mirroring odens execution).

I believe they will televise it to the world to announce their alliance and the return of rocks, and the marines will see xdrake there. Akainu will want to save face and enough time shouldve passed for the things with the warlords( that will be happening in parralel while all of this is going on) are settled. They will divert forces to wano.

And all the while, we may finally get a kaido flashback describing his life and all that. The day of the execution, marines/grandfleet/bb come crashing through, and where Oden failed( trying to shoulder all the responsability), luffy will succeed by using his greatest weapon of all. His ability to gain allies and also accepting their help as he showed multiple times throughout the series.

Thats how act 4 will begin, triggering a huge war accross wano. Either way, luffy always defeated the main villain thats oppressing a country in plain view of its citizens. Wouldnt make sense for that to happen in onigashima.

Because garp himself stated that he is getting weaker, and im not talking about current times. I was merely disputing the fact that garp didnt beat prime bm back then since she wasnt in her prime as she was 28-30.

Because I believe that the current yonko while weaker than primebeard and roger, they are not by much, if roger is 100 then they are 96-99. Roger and primebeard were the cream of the crop but not in another tier imo, as nothing really showed that. So if we go by the logic that BM even back then was a thing that roger was wary off, ie he preffered sneaking in and taking her poneglyph rather than directly confronting her. Add to the fact that she ruled for decades with no one making her budge, nor ever getting any scar whatsoever.

And then roger considering admirals( sengoku /garp) to be a legit threat, leads me to believe that. So if we go by logic, and then have someone whose retired and a decade older than another person in the same tier who is also still active and ragdolling high tiers. It stands to reason to believe that the later would win is it not?
Garp is a heavy hitter, but he would surely lose to current Big Mom which i believe is Prime Big Mom, Big Mom got much stronger over the years while Garp probably got weaker or he is nearly as strong as before.

In game of thrones people dont die randomly, there is a reason for their death and its usually foreshadowed by their actions, please dont use Dumb and dumbers tv version to judge how it is. They started killing off people randomly for shock value, not understanding what made GOT great in the first place.
ppl do get killed pretty randomly in GoT. even that white walker got done in by a kid. ned stark also died pretty randomly and had the dumbest death for series about throne war. also i didnt judge GoT. i was just pointing out one piece has less death in its entirety than GoT has its 1 episode. also i dont see how GoT tv verison being dumb has anything to do with me? its not like i made it pretty dumb. ur point would hold better if i talked about a GoT.
For example, luffy wouldve died in GOT if he choose to attack kaido the way he did because its not smart and he deallt a great deal of damage to his operation.
thats my point. did u skip my whole post and picked the part about Got and akainu? i already presented multiple question that basically points to nobody fkn dies in this manga. even that pound is back too. :tchpepe:. Unicorn amount of death one piece helps my point. Garp's chances of death is already low due to the series he is part of. if he was in GoT he would have been killed one way or another.

Anyways, where is the buildup of ace dying to akainu? There was none up until akainu fisted him, so i dont get your point.
did u miss the whole char of Ace? dude was a walking deathflag. Akainu isnt the main focus as Ace would still get killed one way or another. Ace death's forshadow started when Shanks gave old B a visit. Papazuki was just the messenger:pepelit:

Also on a side Note: if we are really talking about killing Luffy's granddad then out of the current 2 antagonist(Kaido/BM) Kaido has bigger chance cuz its unlikely Oda will let BM outshine Kaido. and knowing oda's past treatment of Women and BM in general dude is more likely to humiliate her.
No matter how big of a danger Kaido/BM is or how strong they are, their position in the story and at the stage we are right now in the Manga Oda doesnt need to build another layer of animosity between protag and them. Luffy is already going after them as we speak. Wano's situation(Tama and others) has made Luffy determined to take out Kaido. whereas With BM it started in FMI and WCI solidified it. War between Kaido/BM and Luffy will start b4 the Marine(with Garp) arrives. so Luffy who is already going to kick their Ass, why would he need to see his Dead Grandpa? its not like Luffy isnt going to take them out w/o his relatives dying.

The situation between this and the one with BB+Akainu is different cuz Luffy didnt had any problem with BB/Akainu beforehand. Oda wanted to place 2 foil in Luffy's path to Pk. Ace's situation connected these 3 and added animosity. Otherwise OP will be mostly Luffy taking out Yonko cuz he thinks its cool and sneaking is boring

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Because BM doesn't work like regular humans (like Garp), Garp is sure a legend and still quite a monster for his age, but BM would fking destroy him......
Garp is a D, so I’m not buying the narrative that he’s just some regular person who got lucky or whatever the hell y’all wanna say to detract from the guy who rocked the entire Rocks crew with only one person helping him out. Even if I thought Linlin was stronger, I definitely don’t believe the difference is large enough to say she’d obliterate Garp, she would suffer serious injuries from him at the VERY least.

Also if anyone misunderstood i am not against Garp's death. but i think there more player in OP who has higher chances of Killing Garp than BM/Kaido. also this isnt a knock against BM/Kaido's strength, i am just thinking this war doesnt lack in emotional value and our MCs are already determined. If this was pre WCI then i would say their chance does go up.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Fine, I’ll concede that you may be right based on those points. There are plenty of ways Linlin can be (and already has been) nerfed to the degree that Garp would still kick her ass, so taking that into consideration, I continue to believe he would beat her under certain circumstances that we’ve already seen play out (the hunger shit, Carmel’s portrait being destroyed, falling off the Wano waterfall). Oda seems to love clowning the shit out of her as is, so I think we need to factor in the psychological shit, because it can be just as crucial in a battle as raw power (which, again, I don’t think Big Mom is THAT far ahead of Garp in that regard).

Fine, I’ll concede that you may be right based on those points. There are plenty of ways Linlin can be (and already has been) nerfed to the degree that Garp would still kick her ass, so taking that into consideration, I continue to believe he would beat her under certain circumstances that we’ve already seen play out (the hunger shit, Carmel’s portrait being destroyed, falling off the Wano waterfall). Oda seems to love clowning the shit out of her as is, so I think we need to factor in the psychological shit, because it can be just as crucial in a battle as raw power (which, again, I don’t think Big Mom is THAT far ahead of Garp in that regard).
hmm, well the hunger pangs occur when she craves something and doesnt get it, there is no more mother carmel pic and i guess garp can lead her near water and knock her back idk haha. But as far as weve seen, she can fight for a long time against top tiers.
Oh i agree, garp would stilll give her a high diff fight or something. He is a beast after all.

Last edited:

Worst

Custom title
Garp is a D, so I’m not buying the narrative that he’s just some regular person who got lucky or whatever the hell y’all wanna say to detract from the guy who rocked the entire Rocks crew with only one person helping him out. Even if I thought Linlin was stronger, I definitely don’t believe the difference is large enough to say she’d obliterate Garp, she would suffer serious injuries from him at the VERY least.
Obviously she can't obliterate Garp only a fool would think that but on an endurance perspective Garp is no Match for BM the problem is not the strength here but the endurance (WB had the same problem but worse since he was sick too)

Maybe he can actually do some damage to BM but the more the fight goes on the worst things get for Garp not to mention that one of BM's main strengths is her endurance....

ppl do get killed pretty randomly in GoT. even that white walker got done in by a kid. ned stark also died pretty randomly and had the dumbest death for series about throne war. also i didnt judge GoT. i was just pointing out one piece has less death in its entirety than GoT has its 1 episode. also i dont see how GoT tv verison being dumb has anything to do with me? its not like i made it pretty dumb. ur point would hold better if i talked about a GoT.

thats my point. did u skip my whole post and picked the part about Got and akainu? i already presented multiple question that basically points to nobody fkn dies in this manga. even that pound is back too. :tchpepe:. Unicorn amount of death one piece helps my point. Garp's chances of death is already low due to the series he is part of. if he was in GoT he would have been killed one way or another.

did u miss the whole char of Ace? dude was a walking deathflag. Akainu isnt the main focus as Ace would still get killed one way or another. Ace death's forshadow started when Shanks gave old B a visit. Papazuki was just the messenger:pepelit:

Also on a side Note: if we are really talking about killing Luffy's granddad then out of the current 2 antagonist(Kaido/BM) Kaido has bigger chance cuz its unlikely Oda will let BM outshine Kaido. and knowing oda's past treatment of Women and BM in general dude is more likely to humiliate her.
No matter how big of a danger Kaido/BM is or how strong they are, their position in the story and at the stage we are right now in the Manga Oda doesnt need to build another layer of animosity between protag and them. Luffy is already going after them as we speak. Wano's situation(Tama and others) has made Luffy determined to take out Kaido. whereas With BM it started in FMI and WCI solidified it. War between Kaido/BM and Luffy will start b4 the Marine(with Garp) arrives. so Luffy who is already going to kick their Ass, why would he need to see his Dead Grandpa? its not like Luffy isnt going to take them out w/o his relatives dying.

The situation between this and the one with BB+Akainu is different cuz Luffy didnt had any problem with BB/Akainu beforehand. Oda wanted to place 2 foil in Luffy's path to Pk. Ace's situation connected these 3 and added animosity. Otherwise OP will be mostly Luffy taking out Yonko cuz he thinks its cool and sneaking is boring
Ned starks death was caused by him and him alone, he kept getting warned about how to play the game. How to be smarter, he decided that his honor prevailed. And that cost him his life.

And people dont die in one piece youre right, unless its for symbolic purposes i guess. We just cant rule out garp since he has history with those two but eh welll see.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
hmm, well the hunger pangs occur when she craves something and doesnt get it, there is no more mother carmel pic and i guess garp can lead her near water and knock her back idk haha. But as war as weve seen, she can fight for a long time against top tiers.
Oh i agree, garp would stilll give her a high diff fight or something. He is a beast after all.
I was just using those examples we’ve already been shown, I wouldn’t put it past Oda to find another way to handicap her that would make sense in the context of a fight against Garp, a character he clearly likes more regardless of ability. Hell, that might be the best argument to make here - Linlin is so powerful that the author has to keep coming up with excuses to make her less than invulnerable.

Also, I’m not against Garp dying in general, I just think it needs to mean something bigger if it happens than just serving the purpose of Luffy getting angrier at a Yonko he’s already challenged multiple times. I don’t see him coming to Wano in the first place, and if by some twist he does, I see him leaving alive at the end of the arc.

yeah. i also think Marines will also come. it will be weird to have a huge war consisting of 2 Yonko(and likey their downfall) and majority of WGs and so many big shots but MARINE doesnt come for a piece. imo marines(or at least sword) will get info in what transpire in Wano and they will be kinda forced to deploy their forces. we might soon hear they are having their force on standby ready to deploy when the situation worsens

I was just using those examples we’ve already been shown, I wouldn’t put it past Oda to find another way to handicap her that would make sense in the context of a fight against Garp, a character he clearly likes more regardless of ability. Hell, that might be the best argument to make here - Linlin is so powerful that the author has to keep coming up with excuses to make her less than invulnerable.

Also, I’m not against Garp dying in general, I just think it needs to mean something bigger if it happens than just serving the purpose of Luffy getting angrier at a Yonko he’s already challenged multiple times. I don’t see him coming to Wano in the first place, and if by some twist he does, I see him leaving alive at the end of the arc.
Well yeah, thats a theme. People call her big meme but shes a godamn monster and oda has to keep nerfing her one way or another. I truly believe that she is one of the strongest people out there and is unstopable. Heck she had FA potential without a devil fruit.

I agree with the last part, i just think we cant rule it out as oda can make it fit the narrative if he wants to idk.

Well yeah, thats a theme. People call her big meme but shes a godamn monster and oda has to keep nerfing her one way or another. I truly believe that she is one of the strongest people out there and is unstopable. Heck she had FA potential without a devil fruit.

I agree with the last part, i just think we cant rule it out as oda can make it fit the narrative if he wants to idk.
out of the original Yonko BM's ability is the most interesting and versatile to me. Her fruit has lots of possibilites. compared to her other yonko's ability feels a bit stale.
tho if it was me I would make the soul DF actually do Soul stuffs. All of her attack would be based of soul and no physical attack. she will directly attack ppl's soul. break it, torment them, tear the soul apart. manipulate the souls to create soul mutation.(If anyone ever read Xianxia they would understand). she would be ultimate hax nightmare in a verse like OP where all fighters are physical.
she would be a nightmare to go up against. it would go nice with the silhouette and characterization of BM in WCI(that BM was the best, truly menacing).

Last edited:
out of the original Yonko BM's ability is the most interesting and versatile to me. Her fruit has lots of possibilites. compared to her other yonko's ability feels a bit stale.
tho if it was me I would make the soul DF actually do Soul stuffs. All of her attack would be based of soul and no physical attack. she will directly attack ppl's soul. break it, torment them, tear the soul apart. manipulate the souls to create soul mutation.(If anyone ever read Xianxi they would understand). she would be ultimate hax nightmare in a verse like OP where all fighters are physical.
she would be a nightmare to go up against. it would go nice with the silhouette and characterization of BM in WCI(that BM was the best, truly menacing).
Oda choose to make her a brute strength monster with a bit of hax, which is a shame.