Powers & Abilities Black Blades are overrated

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I guess we’re going to pretend Ryuma doesn’t exist.

I guess we’re also going to pretend Kuina doesn’t exist.

I guess we’re going to pretend that Ryuma is the first character in the series with a ‘god’ title. Or that Oda has been subtly hyping the Shimotsuki plotline in SBSs and hints towards Ushimaru in Yamato’s backstory.

But yeah fuck man, Oda clearly doesn’t give a shit about swordsmen. :catcry:
I'm talking about the current story. Dead characters from even centuries ago doesn't really make the WSS title more story relevant. For 1030 chapters, Zoro has yet to fight one guy intrested in the title and we've yet to see anyone else chasing it.

That is grossly poor world building.

Dead characters from even centuries ago doesn't really make the WSS title more story relevant.
Uh, what? Dead characters from centuries ago are the backbone of shonen hype. If they don't actually matter, then why the fuck should we even bother with the D Clan plotline? Or Joyboy? Void Century? Lmfao.

Y'all really need to stop prematurely running your mouths, or did the embarrassment of premature King downplayers and the 'EnMa IsH MaGiCk OdEn HaKi SwOrD' not teach you a lesson :milaugh:

At what point did you want Oda to start talking about the WSS title? During the rooftop? Random ass dialogue during preparation for the raid? Kinemon challenging Zoro to a duel for no goddamn reason? Pica having secret ambitions to be WSS and a Mihawk body pillow in his closet? Fuck it, just sacrifice story progression and write jarring scenes and dialogue to satisfy readers with toddler level comprehension who think WSS isn't prestigious or important.

Daily reminder that WSS is the only crew position placed alongside the PK title, and Luffy even said he'd be 'in trouble' without the WSS on his crew.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Uh, what? Dead characters from centuries ago are the backbone of shonen hype. If they don't actually matter, then why the fuck should we even bother with the D Clan plotline? Or Joyboy? Void Century? Lmfao.

Y'all really need to stop prematurely running your mouths, or did the embarrassment of premature King downplayers and the 'EnMa IsH MaGiCk OdEn HaKi SwOrD' not teach you a lesson :milaugh:

At what point did you want Oda to start talking about the WSS title? During the rooftop? Random ass dialogue during preparation for the raid? Kinemon challenging Zoro to a duel for no goddamn reason? Pica having secret ambitions to be WSS and a Mihawk body pillow in his closet? Fuck it, just sacrifice story progression and write jarring scenes and dialogue to satisfy readers with toddler level comprehension who think WSS isn't prestigious or important.

Daily reminder that WSS is the only crew position placed alongside the PK title, and Luffy even said he'd be 'in trouble' without the WSS on his crew.
Lol

For years I've seen saying Mihawk>Shanks, the WSS title is legitimate and mocking those who say otherwise, but me believing the WSS title has underdeveloped world building suddenly makes me one of the Zoro haters

Y'all need some sun

Lol

For years I've seen saying Mihawk>Shanks, the WSS title is legitimate and mocking those who say otherwise, but me believing the WSS title has underdeveloped world building suddenly makes me one of the Zoro haters

Y'all need some sun
Oh. The first comment kinda gave the vibe of treating the title as superficial. Mb.

WSS has shit world building, no doubt. Look at Zoro's resume of opponents as far as clout and standing within the world is concerned- on his resume, he can only add "King" as a name worth any damn on his journey to WSS, at least until so far.

And King ain't even a fucking swordsman.

Idk how in the realms Oda did not give a proper, powerful and narratively important opponent who is also chasing at least a SM related ambition.

Oh. The first comment kinda gave the vibe of treating the title as superficial. Mb.

WSS has shit world building, no doubt. Look at Zoro's resume of opponents as far as clout and standing within the world is concerned- on his resume, he can only add "King" as a name worth any damn on his journey to WSS, at least until so far.

Idk how in the realms Oda did not give a proper, powerful and narratively important opponent who is also chasing at least a SM related ambition.
At least you admit Oda treated WSS title and Dream poorly

That's why I can't personally rate Posthawk higher than Admirals
Black blade doesn't mean Posthawk >Shanks or Oden

I have always said that. WSS title is supposed to be huge, but the world building surrounding it is very poor- though it DOES include Shanks as per Vivre Card statements (Mihawk is waiting on someone stronger than Shanks. Current Shanks, no past mentions). But Oda's been neglectful of it.

Zoro's road to WSS has also been incredibly subpar so far rather clout-wise and narratively. He has been beating scrubs, the dude should make a huge name for himself even before he challenges Mihawk. At least defeating King is a heavy step towards that.

For me, Mihawk is > Shanks simply because of the title that's further specified in VC. Not much related to black blade to me.

With Oden, the only reason I believe Zoro will surpass him with black blade is because that's what narratively ties them. Zoro's improvement and achievements are directly related to Enma and Oden. Zoro needs a power-up? The PU fundamentally comes in the form of mastering Enma narratively (alongside ACoC), again tying to something Oden already achieved.

So when Zoro makes Enma a black blade, that is definitely the narrative set-up for Zoro surpassing Oden- doing something even Oden couldn't with the blade that ties them together portrayal-wise. Enma represents Zoro's growth with respect to Oden.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Oda said that there are plenty of things he wishes to address in the manga but can't due to time constraints. He also said the VC is a valid source cause it contains info that he doesn't have to time to address in the manga. What does the VC say? That the WSS title is legit, Mihawl defeated every swordsman he fought until he has no more worthy challengers, and that he looking for a swordsman stronger than Shanks.

That is some key info that should have been mentioned in the manga, since it directly involves the secondary protagonist. That along with Oda's "tell, never show" style, it's no wonder so many doubt Mihawk.

Lol

Y'all need some sun
Lol

You think Zoro fans wouldn’t want more in-story exposition about the WSS title? Or about the connection between Zoro and Ryuma? Of course we do, but not at the expense of inserting awkward ass WSS related dialogue where it doesn’t belong. Now stop dodging my question and answer this: where in the story would you have Oda info dump about the WSS title?

Vs Hody?

Vs Pica?

Vs YONKO saga (wtf?)

Like I said, you running your mouth about the supposed unimportance of swordsmanship is just going to make you look stupid in the end. Just like all the idiots downplaying King and Enma getting humiliated in the last chapter. Do you not understand buildup? Context? Oda’s general style of writing whereby he saves the greatest hype for later? Seems like you don’t, seeing as you’re just ignoring the clues Oda’s been dropping about the Sword God, Ushimaru and the Shimotsuki.

Idek why I’m even asking these questions given that you clearly can’t read and somehow saw the words ‘Zoro hater’ addressed to you in my previous posts. Oda’s literally just got started and you can’t seem to see the giant ass neon sign on the wall.

tbh I like better Zoro saying that he's gonna become the WSS just once every 100 chapter rather than Luffy saying it every 20 chapter

When Zoro said that he will become the WSS against King it felt way more meaningful, while Luffy was saying "Kaizoku O ni ore wa naru" also in front of gifters if I'm not wrong (please correct me if so)

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Lol

You think Zoro fans wouldn’t want more in-story exposition about the WSS title? Or about the connection between Zoro and Ryuma? Of course we do, but not at the expense of inserting awkward ass WSS related dialogue where it doesn’t belong. Now stop dodging my question and answer this: where in the story would you have Oda info dump about the WSS title?

Vs Hody?

Vs Pica?

Vs YONKO saga (wtf?)

Like I said, you running your mouth about the supposed unimportance of swordsmanship is just going to make you look stupid in the end. Just like all the idiots downplaying King and Enma getting humiliated in the last chapter. Do you not understand buildup? Context? Oda’s general style of writing whereby he saves the greatest hype for later? Seems like you don’t, seeing as you’re just ignoring the clues Oda’s been dropping about the Sword God, Ushimaru and the Shimotsuki.

Idek why I’m even asking these questions given that you clearly can’t read and somehow saw the words ‘Zoro hater’ addressed to you in my previous posts. Oda’s literally just got started and you can’t seem to see the giant ass neon sign on the wall.
At least comprehend what you say. You lumped me together with the guys who complained about King and Zoro's "magic Emma sword." What do they go to do with me?

For the past 1000 chapters, the WSS never got the attention and relevance it deserves. You follow? How does all this incoherent "you want Oda to awkwardly shove it in now!!!???" change that? Lol How do you know how Oda would do it hundred of chapters ago?

Oda could have done the WSS world building better. Please get some sun

Kingfisher

The Green Sniper
tbh I like better Zoro saying that he's gonna become the WSS just once every 100 chapter rather than Luffy saying it every 20 chapter

When Zoro said that he will become the WSS against King it felt way more meaningful, while Luffy was saying "Kaizoku O ni ore wa naru" also in front of gifters if I'm not wrong (please correct me if so)
Lol, Exactly. I was just reading a youtube video comments and there was a comment, "I get goosebumps everytime Luffy says I am gonna become PK", and that comment had 5k likes. :whitepress:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The rarest achievement in the whole manga is overrated? :shame:
Sounds like you are taking preventing measures in time but you can't do anything.
Black blades will be what Oda has long decided they would be and when we see it, we will be able to tell if it is overrated or not.

If you dont want a character to be targeted by Zoro, you should wish they never picked up a sword.
Also, wsS is a misunderstanding and just Oda's differentiation for 3 different characters instead of calling all 3 just world's strongest.
Creature, man, swordsman addition doesnt matter, they are the strongest people in the world of their individual eras.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
, Zoro has yet to fight one guy intrested in the title and we've yet to see anyone else chasing it.

Actually, Zoro doesn't need to fight anyone for the title except Mihawk.

Zoro was looking for WSS without knowing who exactly he is. If this scenario would have persisted through the story then what you have said makes sense.

But oda introduced Mihawk right at the beginning and therefore giving Zoro a purpose that Mihawk is the man he needs to surpass.

Unlike PK which is an empty throne thus anyone can chase, WSS is a title and we have someone who has it.

Thus, if any swordsman wishes to pursue WSS title then they don't need to chase Zoro or fight zoro (unlike for PK title where pirates have to fight against each other) but directly seek out for Mihawk.

So I don't think any world building is missing here according to the story progressions we had