Current Events Blackbeard going for 'That thing'

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Chapter 956 states that Blackbeard desires to go for 'That thing' before navy does.

One thing which we can imply from BB statement is both navy and BB desires it and it's very important and it's more like a movable object that he can posses and escape before navy does.

But it's one of the Oda mystery for which we won't get answer soon. So let's explore some ideas regarding what 'that thing' could be

1)Kaido Devil Fruit - now, we know that Kaido has strongest zoan Df and based on speculation that BB will get third Df as wel, it makes sense that BB is talking about Kaido DF.

Issue - why navy would suddenly be interested in Kaido DF? we know Kaido was already captured 18 times (some times by navy) and there is no panel indicating navy interest in Kaido DF. Also, as of now only BB knows how to extract Df once someone is killed. Navy hasn't been portrayed doing this or even knowing this.

2)Mera Mera no mi - well it's Ace Df and now Sabo inherited it. BB also asked Ace to join him and we have seen Burgess going for this Df in Dressrosa.

Issue : along with same issues which I mentioned in case of Kaido DF, we have some more here which makes it least possible scneario.

Why BB and navy would go for this Df? There is nothing much special about it. If BB really cherished this Df then Burgess would have Informed him before Dressrosa tournament began, and we could have seen BB raiding Dressrosa but it didn't happen.

3)'that' stands for wano - now this seem a bit logical as it will justify BB taking Kaido DF and also in line with navy trying to get wano under its control.

We also came to know about Drake being secretive agent, BM and Kaido alliance and Orochi unreasonable demand to cp 0, so navy may take action here and thus BB call to move first.

Issue - "that thing" in BB statement implies something for which he needs to take quick action first to posses or obtain it before navy does and escape so that navy doesn't get hand over it.

Now, wano is territory which isn't movable so even if BB gets to Wano first, navy can still try to throw BB out and get wano.

Also, this chapter and news coverage within it was about Reverie so we can infer that BB statement was more related to Reverie event than wano.

4)shirahoshi the ancient weapon - now, as news was about Reverie so BB may have come across news regarding shirahoshi returning to FI. So, he decided to take action quickly before navy gets to her. We also know that navy would definitely try to get it's hands on ancient weapon considering it's importance.

Issue - how BB came to know about shirahoshi being ancient weapon? Why navy didn't capture Shirahoshi when she was in Reverie if this was so important as it would be much more easier to do at holyland than going to FI.

5)alabasta - somewhere I feel it could be related to alabasta event

Issue - it's my headcannon lol

6)warlords - as some users suggested that BB statement is about 'they' which could be a reference to warlords.

Issue - warlords are scattered throughout the grandline and not just in one place or just in new world so locating them once they moved out would be really difficult.

Also, why would BB seek warlords? He already got the crew and going after warlords doesn't make sense. Another issue here is, it doesn't co relates with something BB desire so much that he needs to take quick action before navy

7)Road PG - well BB needs it to reach Raftel lol

Issue - my headcannon again

What you guys think? Is there any other possible scenario?

Last edited:

Reborn

Reborn

I think what BB would do is somewhat related with what is on the news, Wano is off of the chart imo

Going for Mera Mera no mi

For Yoru

Or try to recruit former warlords to join his crew.
I tried to explain every scenario and issues associated with those scenarios.

By weighing the merit and issues, to me, as of now ancient weapon seem more likely.

@Just a member @Xione I added two new possibilities
Post automatically merged:

BB recruiting warlords making more sense than "that" thing....
Question is why he needs to recruit them? And, locating them is tremendous task. And, it's not that they will submit to BB will

He might either be going after the RA or the warlords or something they have or after Shirahoshi. I doubt that it's one of the Road Poneglyphs like the one in WCI since he would have already left to get it if it was his current target instead of deciding to go after something that is related to the most recent newspaper.

Bogard

You can't win
Pretty certain mangastream fucked up. @EtenBoby also translated the raw scan as "it"

Dadan: Sabo~~~!!! Tell me this isn’t true~~~!!

Doflamingo: Fufufufu!! I can’t get tired of this world!! Things are getting interesting!! Fufufufu

Blackbeard: Hey, you guys, ready the ships!! Rather than letting the Navy have it, I’ll take it myself!!!
We'd probably need the viz to be sure tho

In either case, at first i thought it could be Shirahoshi, but she was already on fishmen island by the marines, so can't be her. It seems to be something important the marines are also trying to get

@Reborn Imo the warlords make sense, I mean the chapter's bif news is about thevsystem being abolished and WG sending marines to their homes, none of them has left them bar Weevil who is "in a certain island" but Mihawk, Boa and Buggy are all at their places so if BB wants he knows where to find them.

Also BB was most likely reacting to the newspaper like Doffy sobthat means that if the term was a singular (that) maybe Sabo's mera mera but if he is dead the possibility is already dead but if it is a "them-their" then the warlords make more sense.

As for your points about the warlords: He wants them as he wants everything that can make him stronger (weapons, df, Moria..) and he has to pick them before the WG does it bwfore him, arrest or kill them, which eventually will happen, maybe notnl for all but that is not the point, and we saw the marines are already on it so BB has to make haste.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust mangastream as far as I could throw them, so I'll say "it" is probably right.

I'll go for an ancient weapon on Alabasta given the Marines are also apparently desperately trying to "resolve" the situation there, Blackbeard's a history buff and Pluton might be there. Could be anything though. It it being the Mera would be kinda disappointing to me. We already saw him send just Burgess after it, him going is with the full squad has to be bigger than just a logia, even a powerful one. Especially since it's one we know for a fact isn't a top tier logia.