Character Discussion Blackbeard

Here in this character thread we're here to talk about the main antagonist of One Piece, the one responsible for the events of the Paramount War and who's been rising as a threat for quite some time : Marshall D. Teach, aka Blackbeard.

What do you think of Blackbeard ? About his personality, powers, history and battles ?
What's your favourite moment with him ? What do you like or hate about him ? What relationship between him and another character do you find to be the most interesting ?

I am hoping for him to defeat the marines and take whatever he wanted to take, while Luffy defeats Kaido, because both Luffy and Teach shouldn't be stopped until they meet at the top. They both have similar growth rate.

Though I prefer his end should be at the hands of the marines's cheapshotting, like it happened in the real history. I am hoping that after he loses to Luffy, he refuses to give up and while beating an Admiral or even while beating 2 Admirals at the same time, one of his crewmate (Shiryu or Aokiji?) betrays him, and backstabs him, and then the Admirals ambush him and kill him like it happened to Whitebeard.

He should be the both opposite of Whitebeard, and Luffy at the same time.

The guy is a pretty complex Character by One Piece standards. If not one of the most complex villain in One Piece as a whole

The guy is both a cowardly scumbag and a smart opportunist and a Dreamer who understood why Luffy let Bellamy hit him and even told Nami that Luffy "won" that fight.

He has also has shown another side of him, a stoic Bitter Orphan who can be terrifying when pissed, the side that we only saw a few times in the flashback, in Ace's Novel and from Shanks Description.

It's interesting to hear what made him this way, why he is so interested in Xebec in a similar way to how Luffy is interested in Roger and Shanks.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
How many of you guys are covetng to unravel the secrets of his supposed hyped EoS potential and his eventual relationships when it comes to genealogic tree?

Teach is a great character. He's one of those villains that you hate because of his actions but you like him anyway because you know he's a great villain. He even faced Sengoku and Garp and he was still laughing "Zehahaha" like it was nothing.

I hope he has a great ending, such as falling into the sea after losing to Luffy and drowning because he's a DF user. It would be a great irony, that someone as obsessed with DF as he is, dies because of the weak point of DF. Come to think of it, we have never seen a DF user die by drowning.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Teach is the embodiment of the villain you love to hate. He's in many ways like Luffy, but molded in a twisted fashion. He has dreams and desires like our hero, but unlike Luffy, will go to any lengths to achieve them. He accumulated his crewmembers all at once without bonding, and gained worldwide notoriety overnight. Meanwhile, Luffy's rise was incremental, going from the big fish in East Blue, Rising Star, Super Rookie, to Emperor candidate, and gaining becoming friends with his crewmembers one by one.

Teach is for the destination while Luffy's for the journey.

Dude's a great villain and exactly what you'd expect from a pirate. Can't wait to see his inevitable battle with Luffy. His battle with Ace is still one of my favourites. Can't wait to see what his bounty will be shortly after Wano since he's mentioned going after something and I don't believe we've seen him use haki yet so that would be cool too.

A fascinating character. I have already created a thread on the mysteries surrounding Blackbeard and the best theories. I remember @stormylife and @Bogard liked this thread and encouraged me to post here =>
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ng-blackbeard-whats-your-favorite-theory.159/

The potential of this character is limitless. In fact I created another thread based on some predictions about Blackbeard before =>
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...at-the-marines-and-become-a-pirate-king.1652/

The last thread I made also revolves around Blackbeard, lol. Its based on a theory of @Celestial D. Dragon =>
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/who-is-the-eos-opponent-of-luffy.1218315/

Blackbeard is one of the characters who keeps fans hooked to One Piece.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
At first, I thought he will be interesting and lowkey waited for his next move but he doesn't seem to be more than a villain with just more hax.

His defeat will be hella unimpressive because he will fall to Haki only Luffy. ( not saying it's unimpressive because of Luffy I mean more like with all he got he will fall to just Haki ).

He wields two of the most dangerous DF and does nothing for the majority of the series.

His hype is dying for me.

I can even see a possibility of Oda flipping the script and Shanks taking him out and becoming the final villain instead of him.

Whats is teach true goal?
Hes already a yonko and have an army/strong commander
, if he is really aiming for one piece he should already attack either BM or kaido at this point for the red phone.... but he is still chilling in an island and just collecting df at the moment

[CITAÇÃO = "Erkan12, post: 1210548, membro: 69"] Espero que ele derrote os marines e pegue o que quiser, enquanto Luffy derrota Kaido, porque Luffy e Teach não devem ser parados até que se encontrem no topo. Ambos têm taxa de crescimento semelhante.

Embora eu prefira que o seu fim esteja nas mãos do avarento dos fuzileiros navais, como aconteceu na história real. Espero que, depois de perder para Luffy, ele se recuse a desistir e, enquanto derrota um almirante ou mesmo enquanto derrota 2 almirantes ao mesmo tempo, um de seus companheiros de tripulação (Shiryu ou Aokiji?) O trai e o apunhala pelas costas, e então os almirantes o emboscam e o matam como aconteceu com o Barba Branca.

Ele deve ser o oposto de Barba Branca e Luffy ao mesmo tempo. [/ QUOTE]
We didn't see Kizaru during the "between acts", Kizaru will be defeated by BB