Bleach General Discussion

I get the arguments from both sides here since this is just one of many examples of fights from this arc that follow the: "No, U" formula

Here's my strongest attack.
Argh! Jk, I can actually perfectly counter it!
Too bad that I have THE perfect counter for your counter. It's over! THIS is my final FINAL move!
Only if you can get past MY super strong convenient move!

I get the arguments from both sides here since this is just one of many examples of fights from this arc that follow the: "No, U" formula

Here's my strongest attack.
Argh! Jk, I can actually perfectly counter it!
Too bad that I have THE perfect counter for your counter. It's over! THIS is my final FINAL move!
Only if you can get past MY super strong convenient move!
Yeah, and that's why usually the outcome is the only thing that matters. This formula is usually used to showcase the power of X character while not affecting permanently Y character.

He looked pretty helpless here. Everything he tried against Ichibei didn't seem to work here and he was the only one getting tossed around until the end.
Not as helpless as Ichibei here:

Mind you that after this fight, Yhwach was actually uninjured lol. So Ichibei virtually accomplished nothing

Yeah, and that's why usually the outcome is the only thing that matters. This formula is usually used to showcase the power of X character while not affecting permanently Y character.

Not as helpless as Ichibei here:

Mind you that after this fight, Yhwach was actually uninjured lol. So Ichibei virtually accomplished nothing
I know the end result and I even mentioned that he lost at the end, but you can't tell me that Ichibei wasn't slapping him around most of the fight.

Ichibei > Pre-Almighty Yhwach

I know the end result and I even mentioned that he lost at the end, but you can't tell me that Ichibei wasn't slapping him around most of the fight.

He was doing alright imo. It's a shame that everything that he did was basically inconclusive

What are you even on about?
The Almighty is a shrift, it doesn’t give him some type of power up.
Yhwach was always a tier above Ichibei, Ichibei’s entire strategy was to nerf Yhwach, because he couldn’t take him on at full power.
What the Almighty did, though, is make it impossible for Yhwach to be nerfed, sealing the deal.
Here:

After Yhwach was repelled by Ichibei’s technique, he used a tiny arrow to propel himself up and hurt Ichibei, all this without Ichibei even reacting.
The Royal Realm also happens to have the second highest concentration of reimyaku after Hueco Mindo, and it favoured shinigamies at the time of this fight, before Yhwach changed it after absorbing the Soul King.
Yhwach had to fight without Volstanding due to Yamamoto’s bankai, under unfavourable territorial conditions, and even had Ichibei’s ink nerfing him further, and Ichibei still couldn’t win.
How the fuck is Ichibei even comparable to Yhwach, let alone superior? To put into perspective, the gap between Kyoraku and Ichibei, is far far smaller than the gap between Yhwach and Ichibei.

The Almighty is a shrift, it doesn’t give him some type of power up.
Yhwach was always a tier above Ichibei, Ichibei’s entire strategy was to nerf Yhwach, because he couldn’t take him on at full power.
What the Almighty did, though, is make it impossible for Yhwach to be nerfed, sealing the deal.
Here:

After Yhwach was repelled by Ichibei’s technique, he used a tiny arrow to propel himself up and hurt Ichibei, all this without Ichibei even reacting.
The Royal Realm also happens to have the second highest concentration of reimyaku after Hueco Mindo, and it favoured shinigamies at the time of this fight, before Yhwach changed it after absorbing the Soul King.
Yhwach had to fight without Volstanding due to Yamamoto’s bankai, under unfavourable territorial conditions, and even had Ichibei’s ink nerfing him further, and Ichibei still couldn’t win.
How the fuck is Ichibei even comparable to Yhwach, let alone superior?
And that's why Yamamoto>Ichibei

And that's why Yamamoto>Ichibei
That goes without saying, Yhwach and Aizen both made up countermeasures for him, and didn’t give a shit about this clown, hell, even his “wisdom” potential (as in, wasted potential) is a joke, since Ichibei is the one at fault Yhwach managed to reach the Royal Realm, just here defending Yhwach being slandered.

That goes without saying, Yhwach and Aizen both made up countermeasures for him, and didn’t give a shit about this clown, hell, even his “wisdom” potential (as in, wasted potential) is a joke, since Ichibei is the one at fault Yhwach managed to reach the Royal Realm, just here defending Yhwach being slandered.
The fact that Yhwach didn't want to face Yamamoto's bankai again is a hint towards the fact he probably has some degree of PTSD and maybe nightmares of the old man.

Some folks say "B-but, Yhwach wasn't as strong as now". As hinted by what? Nothing suggests that he was weaker back then. Hell, 9 of these 1000 years of recovery were spent regaining his strength. And if you want to talk about weaker, talk about the fact that Yamamoto's bankai wasn't as strong as it was in the TYBW arc lol.

The fact that Yhwach didn't want to face Yamamoto's bankai again is a hint towards the fact he probably has some degree of PTSD and maybe nightmares of the old man.

Some folks say "B-but, Yhwach wasn't as strong as now". As hinted by what? Nothing suggests that he was weaker back then. Hell, 9 of these 1000 years of recovery were spent regaining his strength. And if you want to talk about weaker, talk about the fact that Yamamoto's bankai wasn't as strong as it was in the TYBW arc lol.
I’ll be honest with you, I’m still shocked, no pun intended, that Choijiro was able to pierce him, crazy.
Back in Bleach Asylum, people said that Choijiro scarring Yamamoto with his bankai was an antifeat, rofl, Kubo btfo’d them in the most unexpected way.
Yhwach being weaker was a headcannon, just like the whole BS about him being able to use other quincies power, and him becoming stronger after every death, people dying only served the purpose of memories and keeping Yhwach from regressing to his disabled self.
Hashwald, clearly says so, the Yhwach that fought Ichibei is the same that was pierced by Choijiro:

It’s impressive that Yhwach was still able to reason after 990 years in this sorry state, regardless, wanna know who actually was weaker?
Yep, wristS, in my opinion, Kubo had an arm loss fetish, and had to rationalize it to his readers, but yeah, losing an arm, makes you weaker reiatsu wise.
Funnily enough, Aizen would end up as the SWP of reiatsu, after we’ve seen Yhwach chastising Yamamoto for not healing his arm, and due to that, not making it as a SWP.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m still shocked, no pun intended, that Choijiro was able to pierce him, crazy.
Back in Bleach Asylum, people said that Choijiro scarring Yamamoto with his bankai was an antifeat, rofl, Kubo btfo’d them in the most unexpected way.
Yhwach being weaker was a headcannon, just like the whole BS about him being able to use other quincies power, and him becoming stronger after every death, people dying only served the purpose of memories and keeping Yhwach from regressing to his disabled self.
Hashwald, clearly says so, the Yhwach that fought Ichibei is the same that was pierced by Choijiro:

It’s impressive that Yhwach was still able to reason after 990 years in this sorry state, regardless, wanna know who actually was weaker?
Yep, wristS, in my opinion, Kubo had an arm loss fetish, and had to rationalize it to his readers, but yeah, losing an arm, makes you weaker reiatsu wise.
Funnily enough, Aizen would end up as the SWP of reiatsu, after we’ve seen Yhwach chastising Yamamoto for not healing his arm, and due to that, not making it as a SWP.
In all honesty, Yamamoto is still the strongest pure shinigami. The only ones who are stronger than him in the verse have some BS going for them. Like Aizen and his dragon ball fusion with a mother box, Ichigo and the fact that he was born from an orgy of different races + being able to cut thru... Fate itself?, Yhwach and his Advanced Observation haki + his uno reverse cards and god himself. And even then, Prime Yama is still able to give all of those at least a high diff fight low ball

I am fine with yamamoto > Ichibei but say this on fanverse or reddit and you will be gangbanged.
Yeah. Some of them turn their brains off and go like "unga bunga blank ink" while ignoring literally everything else that comes into play in a fight when in reality, talking about feats and portrayal, Yamamoto takes the dub. Just look at their fights against Yhwach (Ichibei in TYBW and Yamamoto 1000 years ago with an underdeveloped Bankai). Yammy folded his ass so hard that it took him 1k years to recover. Thet tend to undermine this feat by saying that Yhwach was somehow weaker for reasons but as I explained before, it doesn't make sense.

On a side note tho, he's actually terrifying attitude wise lol.

I'm talking about Yhwach before unlocking his Almighty.

he Almighty is a shrift, it doesn’t give him some type of power up.
It's an ability that needs him to recover his full strength.

Ichibei wasn't even trying that much. He was playing around, he starts to get serious at the end of the panel. Why would he do all that shit before and then say " I guess I'll have to kill you now" if he was serious from the beginning? When he got serious, Yhwach was unable to do anything until the Almighty came and saved him.

Yhwach had to fight without Volstanding due to Yamamoto’s banka
1. We don't even know if he actually has a vollstandig since he never used it in the manga. Yamamoto's bankai doesn't even matter since he died.

2. Even if he released it, his vollstandig enhanced shrift ability (aka Almighty) would've been superior to that bankai (if he has one) like Askin's.

and even had Ichibei’s ink nerfing him further, and Ichibei still couldn’t win.
He couldn't win due to the Almighty coming in clutch. I don't disagree with the end result of Yhwach winning, but are yall ignoring the entire fight before that? You can't seriously tell me that Ichibei was not winning that fight until the end.

How the fuck is Ichibei even comparable to Yhwach, let alone superior?
Maybe re-read the fight. The one getting tossed around was Yhwach, not Ichibei. Only at the end when he unlocked the Almighty did he win. The moment Yhwach got covered in that ink, he wasn't able to do anything but get smacked around.

just like the whole BS about him being able to use other quincies power, and him becoming stronger after every death
How is it BS? It's been stated 2-3 times in the manga, by a narrator and by Jugram. It's not debatable, but what is debatable is why he didn't use them. Maybe he's limited to one ability at a time? Who knows, the anime will expand on it. I'm not gonna debate this until we get something finalized in the anime

people dying only served the purpose of memories and keeping Yhwach from regressing to his disabled self.
Along with gaining everything from them (quncies), the shinigami is what I agree with here.

A run for his money? My guy pulled out his strongest attack from his Bankai just for Yhwach to nullify it on 2 panels
He forced Yhwach to open his eyes, no one even came close humiliating Yhwach like that in a 1v1.You would have to go back to scrap up all the little details in his fight with Prime Yamamoto to make another case. Ichibe got folded after but so did everyone else when it came Yhwach’s broken hax, Kubo had to get involved himself with the deus ex machine at the end lol. If that was anyone else, they would have lost against Ichibe, Aizen and Ichigo being exceptions.