General & Others Comparing running scenes from Oda and Togashi.

Wow, at first I thought I could take you seriously but then this nonsense rant happened.

It's obvious you just hate on HxH for whatever reason.

But ok, I guess discussing with you doesn't lead anywhere.

Imho there is no way anyone seriously rates OP higher than HxH after reading both series and trying to be objective.
Ahahaha typical Togashi fan, zero argument, loads of pretension.

”Oh, it’a so objectively better, I can’t even take anyone seriously who says otherwise.”

It’s a series that has a shit ton of flaws and the pages I’ve shown demonstrate them.

Wow, at first I thought I could take you seriously but then this nonsense rant happened.

It's obvious you just hate on HxH for whatever reason.

But ok, I guess discussing with you doesn't lead anywhere.

Imho there is no way anyone seriously rates OP higher than HxH after reading both series and trying to be objective.
TotallyNotMark is a youtuber who reviews manga, he read one piece/hxh/naruto for the first time recently and likes hxh the least. owned.

Ahahaha typical Togashi fan, zero argument, loads of pretension.

”Oh, it’a so objectively better, I can’t even take anyone seriously who says otherwise.”

It’s a series that has a shit ton of flaws and the pages I’ve shown demonstrate them.
Now resorting to a lot of passive aggressiveness I see.

It's painfully obvious that you are just butthurt for whatever reason.

Of course HxH has a lot of flaws, it's a shonen manga after all.

If I started bringing up OP's glaring issues, we would still sit here tomorrow.

I have no bone in this fight as I like both series, like I said a few times already.

I just honestly think it's pretty clear that HxH has better storywriting.

If you disagree with that, ok. It is what it is then.

Owned? How old are you, 14?
Mark is his own person - just like everyone here - and he can personally enjoy OP more, no problem at all (he really liked HxH btw).
You just said that you didn't think there is anyone who honestly rates one piece higher, and I proved you wrong. So yes, owned. w00t pwnage owned. who cares. xD! Yeah he liked hxh obviously, it's a great series. Saying someone can't or shouldn't like one piece more though is really strange, and just makes you come off as a hater. Every series in existence has flaws, no doubt about that. I personally think hxh has way more than one piece! We can agree to disagree.

Now resorting to insults I see.

It's painfully obvious that you are just butthurt for whatever reason.

Of course HxH has a lot of flaws, it's a shonen manga after all.

If I started bringing up OP's glaring issues, we would still sit here tomorrow.

I have no bone in this fight as I like both series, like I said a few times already.

I just honestly think it's pretty clear that HxH has better storywriting.

If you disagree with that, ok. It is what it is then.
I think the butthurt one is the person who can’t go five minutes in a One Piece forum without bringing up how “objectively” better HxH is.

I only saw your post in the news feed but I instantly knew whom you are replying too :luffylaugh:
Scrolling through a chapter thread and you come across a comment like

”Of course, such limitations are only to be expected from Oda, who is only a mid-tier storyteller and objectively not on the same level as Togashi”

No need to check who said it, obvious Larry

Oh and back on that topic, go ahead and post some good art from that series to prove the contrary, lmao
You are literally admitting right here that you never had a HxH volume in your hand and just believe the narrative that its art is not good at all ...

Those are just a few examples btw.

Outside of the already mentioned 3-4 "light novel pages" in the newest chapters and one bad stretch of 2 or 3 chapters at the end of the Chimera Ant Arc that Garp brought up (where Togashi reportedly was in immense pain), the artwork is usually really, really good if you read the volumes.

It's Fake
He took more hiatus
Post automatically merged:

I don't think its a bad thing that Togashi prefers quality(and his own health) to quantity.
It works if HxH panels had a good quality
Bar from the story (the recent arc is really long btw) the quality is really shit
For the Time Togashi takes for 1 chapter you can write a way better novel

Last edited:
I think the butthurt one is the person who can’t go five minutes in a One Piece forum without bringing up how “objectively” better HxH is.
This is specifically a thread to discuss HxH vs OP, right (although I don't agree with the original example)?

I don't know where you come up with the "can't spend 5 minutes without telling how much better HxH" nonsense anyway.

This is literally the first time in almost 2 years that I've commented on HxH here.

The way you behave here, swinging left and right, now trying to devalue my comments bc of "me" posting it is a prime example of someone who is really hurt and desperate.

As for the Oda is a mid-tier writer accusation: Yeah, sometimes I got so disappointed by his storytelling, that I actually called him that, too. Same goes to a ton of fans btw (especially post-skip and on this forum). All in all he's still a pretty good writer though. The way he structured his series also means that a lot of his final reputation lies on his ability to conclude the story and put all the strings together though. It could easily go to "oh my, he totally botched his series" or "wow, that's an incredible resolution".

Like I told you: You can enjoy OP more, all good. I like the series as well, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Trying to clown me or anyone else won't change the fact that - again - I personally rate HxH's storytelling higher.

Bar from the story (the recent arc is really long btw) the quality is really shit
It isn't.

The volume releases are very enjoyable to read and offer way better artwork than the rushed scans Togashi handed in for the weekly releases.

It's a shame that like 99% of you only know the shit quality pages from some scanlation sites.

This is specifically a thread to discuss HxH vs OP, right (although I don't agree with the original example)?

I don't know where you come up with the "can't spend 5 minutes without telling how much better HxH" nonsense anyway.

This is literally the first time in almost 2 years that I've commented on HxH here.

The way you behave here, swinging left and right, now trying to devalue my comments bc of "me" posting it is a prime example of someone who is really hurt and desperate.

As for the Oda is a mid-tier writer accusation: Yeah, sometimes I got so disappointed by his storytelling, that I actually called him that, too. Same goes to a ton of fans btw (especially post-skip and on this forum). All in all he's still a pretty good writer though. The way he structured his series also means that a lot of his final reputation lies on his ability to conclude the story and put all the strings together though. It could easily go to "oh my, he totally botched his series" or "wow, that's an incredible resolution".

Like I told you: You can enjoy OP more, all good. I like the series as well, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Trying to clown me or anyone else won't change the fact that - again - I personally rate HxH's storytelling higher.

It isn't.

The volume releases are very enjoyable to read and offer way better artwork than the rushed scans Togashi handed in for the weekly releases.

It's a shame that like 99% of you only know the shit quality pages from some scanlation sites.
Amazing the turnaround we’re seeing from “how can someone possibly say that One Piece is better than HxH when it is objectively the other way around!” to “hey people like what they like.”

I’m a big fan of the later position, not very keen on the former.

As for the amateur psychology, jesus, spare me. You’re the one who took a hissy fit about my first post, when apparently you agree that the original example isn’t even a good one?

What’s that say about you? “Hurt and desperate?”

Amazing the turnaround we’re seeing from “how can someone possibly say that One Piece is better than HxH when it is objectively the other way around!” to “hey people like what they like.”

I’m a big fan of the later position, not very keen on the former.

As for the amateur psychology, jesus, spare me. You’re the one who took a hissy fit about my first post, when apparently you agree that the original example isn’t even a good one?

What’s that say about you? “Hurt and desperate?”
Throwing a hissy fit?

Quite amusing how you try to spin the narrative here.

Your original post was a full on hate post about HxH, which I pointed out and said that you're doing the exact same thing to HxH than you accused the original poster for.

Then you started swinging left and right with toxic comments nonstop.

The two statements you posted don't exclude each other at all btw.

You can like whatever you want. I for one also enjoy watching Pirates of the Carribean more than I enjoy watching Schindler's List. If I try to apply (widely accepted) objective quality criteria, I personally couldn't come to the conclusion that Pirates of the Carribean is a better movie though. It's the exact same thing with OP and HxH in my eyes.

The way you conducted yourself throughout the entire thread is just very immature and butthurt.

I truly don't give a shit.

Togashi isn't your bitch. He has a life of his own. If he wants to take off to spend time with his family and enjoy life, good for him, he deserves it. He's also had health issues.
Look I'm not trying to diss Togashi as a person. If he just wants to spend more time with his family, then he has every right to do so. But if you're gonna come here and say Togashi hasn't released a chapter in over 3 years because of "muh quality over quantity" then you're just shitting yourself

Saying that Hunter X Hunter really ended arcs prior and that it's really a spinoff now is just a cope

Throwing a hissy fit?

Quite amusing how you try to spin the narrative here.

Your original post was a full on hate post about HxH, which I pointed out and said that you're doing the exact same thing to HxH than you accused the original poster for.

Then you started swinging left and right with toxic comments nonstop.

The two statements you posted don't exclude each other at all btw.

You can like whatever you want. I for one also enjoy watching Pirates of the Carribean more than I enjoy watching Schindler's List. If I try to apply (widely accepted) objective quality criteria, I personally couldn't come to the conclusion that Pirates of the Carribean is a better movie though. It's the exact same thing with OP and HxH in my eyes.

The way you conducted yourself throughout the entire thread is just very immature and butthurt.
“Full on hate post.”

That’s the sort of comment that sounds a lot like a hissy fit to me. Oh no, I criticised Togashi and his even more precious fanboys. Spare me your holier than thou and above it all attitude, you’re a grown ass man who started crying because people called Yamato a him.

Let’s have a look at the opening post
Jesus man, Togashi fanboys are beyond parody. Rant and rave about how terrible Oda is and how his fans worship his every move then come out with stuff like this?

What is meant to be impressive or amazing here?

First of all, the art is so very typically Togashi. That first page is terrible. There’s zero depth. It looks like he‘s copy-pasted some cut out of the characters over a poorly drawn background. The second page is meh, usual Togashi scribbles.

And what amazing depth and emotion are we getting here? It’s literally the most typical Shonen shit imaginable. The twelve year old child prodigy is so badass and charges in against a super strong opponent while the trained and experienced hunter is scared, and as such is amazed by the hero.

Wow. How brilliant. I have never in all my life seen such skill from a mangaka. How does someone come up with something so unique?

It’s like wanking yourself silly over every secondary character that’s ever been impressed by Luffy.

Then the “filler“ comment. I’d rather a few chapters of “filler” leading up to a big moment like chapter 1000 than Togashi not releasing a single chapter since November 2018.

He started HxH the year after One Piece. He’s on Chapter 390. We’ll never have to worry about him padding out the series to hit a milestone. No one should be aspiring to be more like Togashi unless they are impressed by his amazing ability to avoid doing any work.
-the adoration he gets is as bad as the Goda stuff if we’re praising this page as a masterpiece
-the art in those pages isn’t very good
-there is nothing special about what is happening in the scene
-it is like waxing lyrical at every secondary character who is amazed by Luffy

Think that’s all correct. What, are you crying that the tone is too sarcastic or something? Oh no, sarcasm over the internet, what toxicity and hate!

Then the subjective

-I’d rather filler chapters than no chapters

Up to each person

-the only thing to aspire to with Togashi is his wealth to work ratio

100% true. Man’s wrote two big hits, he gave up on one at the end and he’s basically abandoned the other. When he does put something out there’s a more than 50% chance it’s a collection of scribbles or a bloated load of robotic dialogue.

Boo hoo. Such hate. I’m sure Togashi is crying into his piles and piles of money.

You are literally admitting right here that you never had a HxH volume in your hand and just believe the narrative that its art is not good at all ...

Those are just a few examples btw.

Outside of the already mentioned 3-4 "light novel pages" in the newest chapters and one bad stretch of 2 or 3 chapters at the end of the Chimera Ant Arc that Garp brought up (where Togashi reportedly was in immense pain), the artwork is usually really, really good if you read the volumes.
I haven't really touched the manga since the days where Toriyama's World was active with scanlations. Maybe I looked at it in a bookstore, too. Tried both anime versions but it was a little slow moving for me. It would be crazy to say this except... this isn't an HxH forum, lol.

Anyway I didn't doubt that Togashi would render much more in other parts. Good for him. I wouldn't call it "really good art" just from that though because there's no storytelling.

And lol at the one page where Cell is dead, because that's not the same face on that long haired person. He gave them a relatively big nose but couldn't show it from the first angle?

Last edited:
I like HxH too, but HxH and One Piece are both comic books aimed at children while Schindler’s List is a movie about the Holocaust. Hunter X Hunter is far, far closer to Pirates of the Caribbean than it is to fucking Schindler’s List. How could you write that and actually think it’s a good comparison?