Coronavirus : Pandemic Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What a weird system you work in...
Yeah, that’s the mildest way to put it. My company/industry should be more prepared for this kind of thing than anyone...and yet, out of all the offices in our complex (about a dozen), we were the only ones that were operational yesterday. Nothing stands in the way of making a buck for these corporate dickholes.

150k people die daily and among them, 100k die to old age related issues, regardless of Corona virus.
A stronger flu surely will increase those numbers because old people cant defend against it well.

Surely, I could be wrong and the virus death toll is underreported as you say, it wouldnt be the first time to cover up the real numbers.
Among the thousands of dead people it would be nice if a single person could say that he knew a victim, it would help the credibility along instead of "this guy said that, that guy said this"...
I think a bigger concern is the reduction of life expectancy thanks to the virus.

(I've seen several cases of lung damage of people who overcame the covid ....young or adult).

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I think a bigger concern is the reduction of life expectancy thanks to the virus.

(I've seen several cases of lung damage of people who overcame the covid ....young or adult).
The main reason people died from Corona is because of respiratory or heart failure. If people develop severe symptoms, it can evolve toasthma or pneumonia or develop into such later in lfie(imagine having those conditions with flu symptoms aka compromise breathing). People essentially suffocate to death.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
In case my post above is making people nervous, dont let. While it is possible for a young healthy person to die from COVID-19, there are many factor leading to that and it can be reduced or avoided entirely. As you may know by now, people who are likely to die from the virus are those with previous serious health issues or "compromise immune systems." The latter bit is what you should pay attention to.

The immune system is obviously what fights off viruses, and there are multiple factors that can strengthen or COMPROMISE its effectiveness.

1. Cold air
-Cold air never gives you viruses; it simply weakens your immune system allowing viruses to take hold. The colder you are, the weaker your immune system gets. Stay warm.

2. Lack of Sleep
-simply put, it lowers your bodies' ability to repair itself and puts pressure on your organs and heart as it's working double time to keep functioning.

3. STRESS!
-Does nothing but disrupts the function of your organs, puts a lot pressure on your heart, interferes with breathing and convinces you to fight over toilet paper. CALM! DOWN!

Stay warm, sleep well, eat well, take those vitamins and relax. This will keep your immune system strong and can get minor Corona systems at best. If you get mild symptoms, hydrate and stay warm. If you get a fever, DO NOT TAKE PILLS TO REDUCE THE DAMN THING!!!(unless you have medical issues that requires you have to). Fevers help lockdown the virus and your immune system doubles down to fight it, making you fatigued. Just replace those nutrients and let your immune system do the rest.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

You are right that is for critical cases. People like tom hanks , idris elba will be treated as easily.

Best to see doc to check if you have +ve or not. Most celebrities are doing it to avoid the virus spreading them.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
I was busy with moving in to my new place so couldnt really come on WG during last 5 days (except to read the last chapter haha)...

.... damn what has happened during such a short time!!

so now France also has ordered confinement, but ofc not too many people care about it... and coz the weather was good during the weekend you could see so many people in Paris and elsewhere, at parks doing picnic or going to the market as if nothing happens....... yet they raided all the supermarkets to buy toilet paper and pasta? and when the government announced people will have to be confined home, what do they do? they hurry to take the trains to escape the city and go to the countryside when/where they have family or a second house......... how brilliant is that, uh? what a better way to spread the corona to areas where mostly older people live and with much weaker healthcare systems? :/

Do you guys think, that in every century, nature implements it's own method of population control..??
well, it's an interesting coincidence that every 20th year or so of each last 5 or 6 centuries had some massive pandemic outbreaks (cholera, plague, spanish flu, etc.)
but i wouldnt call it "population control", can't compare the total population of earth during the middle age and now, and there was much less globalization too so it was more local outbreaks?

Stuck overseas for God knows how long now. Take your precautions everyone and stay safe.
where "overseas" are you stuck at bro?

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I was busy with moving in to my new place so couldnt really come on WG during last 5 days (except to read the last chapter haha)...

.... damn what has happened during such a short time!!

so now France also has ordered confinement, but ofc not too many people care about it... and coz the weather was good during the weekend you could see so many people in Paris and elsewhere, at parks doing picnic or going to the market as if nothing happens....... yet they raided all the supermarkets to buy toilet paper and pasta? and when the government announced people will have to be confined home, what do they do? they hurry to take the trains to escape the city and go to the countryside when/where they have family or a second house......... how brilliant is that, uh? what a better way to spread the corona to areas where mostly older people live and with much weaker healthcare systems? :/

well, it's an interesting coincidence that every 20th year or so of each last 5 or 6 centuries had some massive pandemic outbreaks (cholera, plague, spanish flu, etc.)
but i wouldnt call it "population control", can't compare the total population of earth during the middle age and now, and there was much less globalization too so it was more local outbreaks?

where "overseas" are you stuck at bro?
Currently stuck in Canada. Was supposed to travel today but everything was cancelled :catcry:

Man what's happening in italy ? looks like if this continue you guys will 100,000 by end of April .

What is the ground situation right now ?
30,000 thus far so your prevision is correct. Red zone is particularly strong in Lombardia and Veneto territories. Here in Campania only 500 positive cases out of 5 millions people, still worrisome either way.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Well in india, we Only have around 130-140 cases and nearly 50-60 thousands people have been put under surveillance.

Good thing is government already started taking strict measures to check it's spread before it gets out of hand....

Being a tropical country, the chances of corona getting spread in my country is less likely especially after March 21st as temperature sore to 40°c + in summers and with such precautionary measures we should be able to contain it's spread....

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Coronavirus is overshadowing other news.

1. Putin will be president till at least 2036

2. American Congress is sneakily trying to pass a bill that will destroy end-to-end encryption, which means we will have no online privacy. Anyone can view our activity and track down our identities.

3. A person in the UK was cured of HIV

4. Virginia passed a law that limits a person's ability to get insulin. Those with diabetes in the state are in trouble.

5. Locusts are swarming eastern countries and destroying their crops. This can massively impact food production.

6. Oil price wars combined with the COVID pandemic is what's sinking the U.S. economy right now. Tensions are growing between the Middle East and Russia. Gas and oil prices are sinking. If things get worse, it could start another war for oil.

7. Some U.S. states are silently trying to pass bills that outlaws abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.