DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

I just finished watching Black Adam, and seriously, what a shitty movie, lmao. But this movie made me think about something: aren't more good superhero movies made today?
most superhero movies are average

but continue to make profits off the brand they've made for themselves.

its dc's biggest problem
an average marvel movie will make 800 mil in the global box office
average dc one might struggle to break even .

I just finished watching Black Adam, and seriously, what a shitty movie, lmao. But this movie made me think about something: aren't more good superhero movies made today?
Black adam is definition of average movie imo. World building is boring and vague. Justice society feels de-attached and final villain is lol. The black adam revival scene is good. That is all

Black adam is definition of average movie imo. World building is boring and vague. Justice society feels de-attached and final villain is lol. The black adam revival scene is good. That is all
Average? Lol.
Bro, the whole movie is clichΓ©, that boy almost ruins the movie, rubbish villain, average action scenes, and The Rock, lmao, The Rock is physically strong but.....that's all, he remains himself. Worst of all is Black Adam being treated as a hero or anti-hero, but I always considered him as a villain, but anyway, nowadays villains are turning into anti-heroes, lol.

Even though DC and Marvel movies suck lately, I believe in this DC reboot, especially James Gunn. For me James Gunn is a guy who really understands the superhero genre, he knows very well how to balance action, comedy and drama, of course he doesn't always get it right like for example GoG2 but overall he's very competent. The first movie he directed if I'm not mistaken was a superhero movie called "Super" from 2009 and it's really good.

If it doesn't evolve, the Super-Hero genre is doomed to die soon anyway.
I think Marvel will die before DC. DC literally have The Batman universe, Joker, JJ Abrams black Superman and Sandman.
DC attracts all audiences and manages to work the genre in different ways, while Marvel will always be the same formula as always.