Future Events Does Luffy vs. Akainu have to happen narratively?

I think luffy vs akainu can be similar to naruto vs neji in part 1 where luffy convinces akainu that not all pirates are evil and such....and changing his perspective
No way dude, that's not happening, not with Akainu lol. Akainu is machine, he's like the Terminator lol. There's no way you can get into his head or under his skin, that's why Akainu is a good antagonist.

Last edited:
Luffy's dream is to become the pirate king. In order to do that he already explained in full detail his plan: wipe all the 4 yonkos. Beat marines is not required to fullfill his dream so him beating the current FA is not set in stone.

From another point of view it is also a bad thing as Luffy would only do it for revenge and we already saw where revenge brought Ace to. Luffy can not repeat the same mistake.

Also on the other hand we have Sabo who has inherited Ace's df and somewhat Ace's will. Also Sabo has a "vulnus" and that is that he remembered about Ace only after hebdied so he did nothing to save his sworn brother.

Now we have Sabo taken captive by the WG. It would make sense both for howbthe things currently are and for powerscaling too for Luffy to storm the new MarineHQ (maybe even Marijoa but I'm not too sure) in order to rescue Sabo and beat solo an admiral. That would be the perfect link between beating an emperor with a group and beating an emperor solo. Also we coukd finally have Dragon in action and maybe even see father and son interact.

Afterall Oda is already lowkey setting the characters forbthis supposed "Sabo rescue arc". Coby went to fight Boa. Maybe they made a plan, knowing the WG has Luffy's brother, to have Boa lose as to bring her in the same place as Sabo sonthat later she helps (so Boa enters the new arc and probably it is the same for Sabo). Then we have Vivi whonis a fan favorite, the matter with Kuma that at least needs an ending, more infos on Bonney (and it is also plausible that in the span of a few arcs, 2 or 3 at most, Luffy will keet all the supernovas and there aren't many left: Urouge and Bonney). Plus of course marines as the villains maybe even the Gorosei or at least a glimpse or some.new infos on IM.

Last edited:
Luffy vs Akainu going to be legendary.....first ever admiral fight.....Akainu is powerful and at the same time has cunning mind....and Luffy is straightforward fighter.....and Akainu holds a lot of narrative weight to the story....this fight should happen....Akainu is the only one who made Luffy doubt on himself for the first time, killed his brother infront of him.....and Sabo has no direct relationship with Akainu....only narrative that speaks for Sabo is him having Ace fruit and somehow he has to prove Akainu wrong about magma being superior than fire which is something trivial....

it would be waste if Akainu vs Luffy won't happen...

If Garp was ready to fight against Akainu, then he would have done it to protect Ace. Yes, I remember that Garp wanted to kill Akainu after he killed Ace, but that was the result of his RAGE and nothing more. We saw Garp struggling between his duty as a Marine and as a grandmother, and he chose his duty over his family. Garp is not going to fight against Akainu when Ace is already dead, what's the point then? Also Garp is too old for that, he's 78/79 years old. So no, neretevly Garp fight Akainu doesn't make sense...

Dragon and revolutionary army are more concentrated on the Celestial Dragons rather then the Nawy. Yes, they fight against the Marian Admirals if it's necessary, but it's not their fight. The WG has the CP–0 for combating atheist revolutionaries. Neretevly it makes more sense for the Revo army to fight against the CP agients rather than the Navy.

So at the end of the day, Luffy is the only candidate to fight against Akainu. And how he can't fight against him? Akainu killed his brother in front of his eyes, there's no way in the world that Luffy doesn't fight against him. Luffy will defeat Akainu while Sabo will finish him off, that's the best outcome for both brothers to avenge for Ace.
Garp might want revenge ... if Oda wants to it justfing that is EASY

Dragon and Akainu have a CLEAR personal history and Akainu hated Luffy for being Dragon son
Sabo is god given plot devise for beating Akainu

I can level with you about Garp .... but Dragon and Sabo are JUST AS GOOD as Luffy

narratively?
yes
here are a couple panels

The entire journey that concluded pretimeskip ended with luffy realizing he wasnt at the level needed to challenge the world government.

prompting the 2 year timeskip where rayleigh started to train him in haki an ability that will help him against some of the troublesome abilities he met in the war .

fast forward 2 yrs the story ofc is on course to end up with another saga against the world government as whitebeard predicted.

fast foward 2 years we are also told of two villains that were prominent in this war that grew in power

key point here luffy's scars still ache
this is similar to shanks and BB who are bound to have an encounter at some point. its not something to toss aside.
The other villain who grew in power

The wg saga could span several arcs similar to the yonko saga
he could still face akainu then imu if that is even someone that needs to be fought . again higher status or position doesnt always == powerlevel.

people who argue against it say sabo has better chances of doing so based sabo inheriting ace's will
which to me is as good as zoro's inheriting oden's will this arc against kaido .
with that said , no one can argue the narative isnt there for the two to cross paths, the reason most folks fear this , yes fear is mostly from a powerscaling standpoint.
If akainu is an eos villain alongside BB
what does that say about kaido , big mom , the other top tiers in the verse
luffy will be better versed in all forms of haki
would be delusional to think it would notbe a competitive fight so what does that say about akainu in comparison to the others.
it will certainly crush some head-canons for sure .
however imu is a safer option, no one knows about , has no feats, we can throw in the gorosei for his top honchos and that will be that. oda can focus on making some connectionto luffy towards the end of the story
as opposed to 2 villains BB and akainu who have had a much longer buildup and who luffy actively owes a grudge against. Ace fought blackbeard too you know , his fire clashed with BB's darkness and lost . No one brings that up at all in inheriting ace's will.
the bias is telling.
Agreed. Luffy isn’t getting a separate arc for each admiral. He beats them all at once.

Agreed. Luffy isn’t getting a separate arc for each admiral. He beats them all at once.
lmao
he only needs to beat one
to surpass all
he only beats two yonkos max if bb is even a yonko
by the time they fight.
Post automatically merged:

Another thing to add is if marines falls after BB..........where Eos BB > Roger/Prime WB.......

For this to happen Akainu has to be > Eos BB > Roger/Prime WB.........which is obvi not the case........
this is what am talking about
you can see people cant cope with it not because of its narrative
but the stakes it holds power wise.

lmao
he only needs to beat one
to surpass all
he only beats two yonkos max if bb is even a yonko
by the time they fight.

this is what am talking about
you can see people cant cope with it not because of its narrative
but the stakes it holds power wise.
Na you brought up the panels where he says he has to beat them all. There won’t be a separate arc for each admiral. Luffy will beat them all at once :cheers: thanks for providing the panels :arnoling:

Na you brought up the panels where he says he has to beat them all. There won’t be a separate arc for each admiral. Luffy will beat them all at once :cheers: thanks for providing the panels :arnoling:
lmao
he wont beat all the emperors
and he wont have to beat all the admirals
he will just have to surpass them by beating the ones he needs to.

but as long as you have no counter-argument to why an akainu encounter cant happen narratively
seems like my argument did just fine.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Luffy Vs Akainu
Sabo Vs Akainu
Dragon Vs Akainu
Garp Vs Akainu
Not really.

Dragon has already stated that he doesn’t want to fight the Marines. So a fight to the death between Dragon and Akainu, is most likely out. Since Dragon has spent his life as a liberator from the Government, then the ultimate foil to him would be as the most powerful member of the Government, who seeks to control and oppress everyone. (Hint hint: Imu)

Garp vs Akainu, I really don’t know where that came from lol. Garp himself stopped Marco from saving Ace, Garp almost did the same to Luffy too. Garp and Sakazuki may have conflicting ideals but they are on the same team at the end of the day. Garp still willingly serves in Sakazuki’s Navy even knowing that Sakazuki killed Ace.

Sabo vs Akainu, the funny thing about this one is that Sabo’s reasons to fight Akainu are the same as Luffy’s, just much less significant lol. Like Sabo’s only reason to fight Akainu would be that Akainu killed Ace. Well, Akainu killed Ace right in front of Luffy, Ace died in Luffy’s arms, and Luffy then temporarily gave up on his dream to be the Pirate King, and some people still deny Luffy and Akainu will fight lol.

Maybe if it happens before EoS or alongside other major and more important figures like Gorosei, BB, Imu and so on.

But as a final antagonist? This aint final antagonist material:

:kobeha:
Ideologically, it doesn’t matter how much value Akainu’s face has.

Just look at a series that I consider to be the pinnacle of Japanese story-telling in Code Geass. For a while, the show makes you think that the ultimate opponent for Lelouch is going to be the Emperor of the entire world, but Lelouch’s true final adversary...I won’t spoil it, but damn. No character was a bigger ideological wall for him to climb.

Luffy will fight the opponent who, in the end, represents the biggest opposition to his worldview. With that said, name me another character in OP who actually made Luffy give up on his dream to be the Pirate King? At best, other characters like Kaido and such, made Luffy realize that he just had to grow stronger. No one besides Akainu outright made him give up before.

I am being generous to akainu here.......if Eos luffy who is above roger/Prime WB level fights akainu who is Old WB level I don't have to tell you what would happen.
good thing you arent the author
you cant tell me what would happen
your head canon is as good as mine
I foresee a lot of people questioning just how they scaled a lot of people based on mf.

good thing you arent the author
you cant tell me what would happen
your head canon is as good as mine
I foresee a lot of people questioning just how they scaled a lot of people based on mf.
Not really there are two ways - Either marines falls first and when luffy fights akainu he will be a top tier and they can have a death match no doubt.......then luffy becomes more powerful surpassing roger/WB and fights BB who by this time is also more powerful than roger/WB....though imu sama holds more weight.......

Second scenario - BB falls first and luffy already surpassed roger/WB........then he defeats akainu using 60% of his power and after that defeats Imu the main dominator of free people...........

Luffy is going to surpass roger/WB as its a shounen and there is no evidence akainu is at that level where he is equivalent to mf WB at best maybe a bit more powerful.........And akainu doesn't covers the entire grand story of one piece -Void century/D clan and so on...

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
and after that defeats Imu the main dominator of free people...........
Luffy doesn’t even know who Imu is at this point. And Luffy is not a liberator, Dragon is. It is Dragon who has been designed to fight Imu, not Luffy.

Akainu spent the latter portion of the Marineford war trying to specifically kill Luffy, even when all of the enemy Pirates stood in his way.

Imu took one look at Luffy’s bounty poster, and threw it away in favor of Shirahoshi’s. I don’t know how much harder Oda can stress that Luffy and Sakazuki have a very personal conflict while Imu doesn’t seem to care about Luffy in the slightest.

Luffy doesn’t even know who Imu is at this point. And Luffy is not a liberator, Dragon is. It is Dragon who has been designed to fight Imu, not Luffy.

Akainu spent the latter portion of the Marineford war trying to specifically kill Luffy, even when all of the enemy Pirates stood in his way.

Imu took one look at Luffy’s bounty poster, and threw it away in favor of Shirahoshi’s. I don’t know how much harder Oda can stress that Luffy and Sakazuki have a very personal conflict while Imu doesn’t seem to care about Luffy in the slightest.
Luffy represents free will............he will know about him in time.........Dragon is not the MC.......

Well BB is equally responsible for what happened to ace besides akainu was doing his job........

Obvi the narration will be there........luffy may be one of the kings/chosen one and so on........

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

There is definitely a bigger story which connects D clan - Void century - Celestial Dragons and Imu..........everything will fall into place once oda reveals the story.........luffy will play a huge role obviously........and so will imu..........

Not really there are two ways - Either marines falls first and when luffy fights akainu he will be a top tier and they can have a death match no doubt.......then luffy becomes more powerful surpassing roger/WB and fights BB who by this time is also more powerful than roger/WB....though imu sama holds more weight.......

Second scenario - BB falls first and luffy already surpassed roger/WB........then he defeats akainu using 60% of his power and after that defeats Imu the main dominator of free people...........

Luffy is going to surpass roger/WB as its a shounen and there is no evidence akainu is at that level where he is equivalent to mf WB at best maybe a bit more powerful.........And akainu doesn't covers the entire grand story of one piece -Void century/D clan and so on...
"Not really there are two ways"
lol exactly my point
you arent the author, you have no way of knowing what scenario comes out of it. do you think he meets akainu yes?
do you think it makes sense narratively?
if your answer to both is yes then you dont oppose my argument.
I will not delve into why you think it goes this way or that way
I have had enough of arguing with the fandom in scenarios on how exactly these fights will go down.
I will wait for the inevitable kaido shitfest end of the arc just as I saw with katakuri and luffy will move on to more villains.
am not telling anyone how akainu goes down; I have absolutely no fucking clue. I have seen a couple people say yes he does
but luffy brushes over him.
to that I say
we'll see lol..