Future Events Does Luffy vs. Akainu have to happen narratively?

"Not really there are two ways"
lol exactly my point
you arent the author, you have no way of knowing what scenario comes out of it. do you think he meets akainu yes?
do you think it makes sense narratively?
if your answer to both is yes then you dont oppose my argument.
I will not delve into why you think it goes this way or that way
I have had enough of arguing with the fandom in scenarios on how exactly these fights will go down.
I will wait for the inevitable kaido shitfest end of the arc just as I saw with katakuri and luffy will move on to more villains.
am not telling anyone how akainu goes down; I have absolutely no fucking clue. I have seen a couple people say yes he does
but luffy brushes over him.
to that I say
we'll see lol..
Ok.......then don't use hypothetical feats which he may/may not get at the end thats all

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Well BB is equally responsible for what happened to ace besides akainu was doing his job........
I’ll let these panels speak for themselves:

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

There is definitely a bigger story which connects D clan - Void century - Celestial Dragons and Imu..........everything will fall into place once oda reveals the story.........luffy will play a huge role obviously........and so will imu..........
That’s great and all, but Luffy literally doesn’t know what any of this is. Dragon does though, and there are many members of the D Clan, not just Luffy.

Akainu and Luffy have both a personal and ideological conflict. Imu and Luffy have no conflict that isn’t embodied better by other characters for both of them.

Ok.......then don't use hypothetical feats which he may/may not get at the end thats all
which hypothetical feats do you see me using.
if he fights luffy solo eos
the feats wont be" hypothetical".
the whole thing for me during this whole debate has been exercising patience.

his feat with wb in mf
and his feats with aokiji is enough for me . clearly not for others.

I’ll let these panels speak for themselves:

That’s great and all, but Luffy literally doesn’t know what any of this is. Dragon does though, and there are many members of the D Clan, not just Luffy.

Akainu and Luffy have both a personal and ideological conflict. Imu and Luffy have no conflict that isn’t embodied better by other characters for both of them.
Well that doesn't take away that BB was also responsible and he will tease about ace during his fight with luffy.....

Imu sama is more grander to the over all story of one piece........luffy is the mc not dragon.....him defeating imu makes more sense.......

Luffy can have his fight with akainu reserving his power to later fight Imu......

I don't really see akainu being more powerful than roger/Prime WB...........his feats equals him to Mf WB.........

Nah I don't think it has to happen. I can See why it can happen and would not mind if it does but honestly for me Sabo makes narratively more sense. He is full of Regrets that he was not there to help his brothers, inherited the symbolic will of Ace by eating his fruit and what drives him a Lot is to make up for it. Also Ace was not a true pirate in that sense that deserved to die. I believe Oda will symbolically show us that the true evil is in Akainu and make "the fire fruit" Win. Luffy on the other Hand is already meant to be frying the biggest fish so he can't be Matched with Akainu because that is simply not his Role even if there is still a certain narrative connection. It just feels off to me.

which hypothetical feats do you see me using.
if he fights luffy solo eos
the feats wont be" hypothetical".
the whole thing for me during this whole debate has been exercising patience.

his feat with wb in mf
and his feats with aokiji is enough for me . clearly not for others.
Yeah......if you say akainu is Eos and hence is much more powerful - that can be baseless too.........as it can go so many ways......I have seen you saying "Eos material" hence more powerful.....

Yes you can use mf feats

Yeah......if you say akainu is Eos and hence is much more powerful - that can be baseless too.........as it can go so many ways......I have seen you saying "Eos material" hence more powerful.....

Yes you can use mf feats
"Yeah......if you say akainu is Eos and hence is much more powerful - that can be baseless too"
well I didnt say that
cause he hasnt fought eos
but am leaving that option open
because if he does
I dont need to say much more . you guys can draw any conclusion you want from it if it happens.
:myman:
my only argument is for now
he is far stronger than most yonko fans give him credit for and there is a strong narrative reason to think this fight has to happen.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I'll just repost what I said in another thread.

I believe he will fight Sakazuki.
First off Oda decided that the two chief news Luffy and we as the audience should know about are
> Sakazuki's victory over Kuzan
> Teach's rise to being a Yonko

I mean he even drew them in the exact same manner
Let's even compare the reactions Luffy has to both of them.
> Luffy sitting and listening to a story about Sakazuki and at the mention of Sakazuki's name his scar starts throbbing in pain and he starts sweating showing visible anxiety at the mere mention of Sakazuki

> Whereas, when it comes to Teach, Luffy doesn't care and is spacing out and focusing on other things, such as eating

And the reactions make perfect sense. One Piece is a story and one in particular in which "ambition", "determination", "drive", "willpower" or whatever other synonyms one prefers directly confers martial prowess. This concept is so prevalent that it is physically instantiated in the phenomenon known as haki:
And who was the one that made Luffy doubt himself? Who was the one that broke that indomitable will, spirit, or whatever you prefer?
It was Sakazuki of course. When he killed his brother in front of his eyes

> Sakazuki broke that spirit. Sakazuki made Luffy doubt himself. Out of countless ruthless enemies, it was Sakazuki, and Sakazuki alone that achieved that.

> Coupled with the symbolism in One Piece that scars represent, Sakazuki and Luffy are destined to meet and fight.​

"Yeah......if you say akainu is Eos and hence is much more powerful - that can be baseless too"
well I didnt say that
cause he hasnt fought eos
but am leaving that option open
because if he does
I dont need to say much more . you guys can draw any conclusion you want from it if it happens.
:myman:
my only argument is for now
he is far stronger than most yonko fans give him credit for and there is a strong narrative reason to think this fight has to happen.
Well I have akainu at the same level as the yonkos (though depending on today's chapter that can change)

Teach and Sakazuki are heavily implied to be the secondary and tertiary antagonists of the series that Luffy has to solo, and i repeat "solo" not get defeated by a team like Kaido will so rest assured Kaido fans. Teach and Sakazuki both represent the worst of the morally corrupt pirates/marines, the two incidents that shook the grandline during the timeskip was what allowed the two to become Yonko/FA, and they both caused Ace's death indirectly/directly.

This shows the extremist law man officer and most dangerous criminal ever. one takes justice and order to absurd limits enforcing his own corrupt vision upon everyone else even of it means murdering the innocent, the other takes freedom and chaos to absurd limits even if it means backstabbing his own comrades, to the point of being a threat that terrorizes the world.

Sakazuki becoming tertiary antagonist doesn't affect his placement below Kaido in any way as it's not like post-Wano Luffy would have defeated Kaido in a fair 1v1 fight when Wano ends, so i don't get the people who complain about Sakazuki needing to be > Roger to fight post-Wano Luffy when Big Mom-level is clearly sufficient (unless you think post-Wano Luffy mid diffs her).

Luffy will defeat Sakazuki, then Teach and finally Im.

Im and Teach are interchangeable.

Yes. The amount of evidence is striking. The most prominent one being the symbolism of aching scars kept consisten throughout the series. Multiple examples were also provided in the thread.
LMAO the bias

Only character who destroyed Luffy both mentally and physically
Killed Luffy's brother
Current Fleet Admiral who made the Navy stronger than ever
Hyped by Oda himself
Highest offensive power

Is basically the Blackbeard of the Navy, paired with him multiple times :
Akainu killed Ace, Teach fought him
Teach killed WB, Akainu fought him
Akainu fought his former comrade during TS
Teach fought his former comrade during TS
Akainu became FA during TS
Teach became Yonko during TS

Jinbei paired them during his speech post TS, Oda did the same at the end of the MF war (579)

Im and the WG are fighting Revos, PK level Luffy & Zoro are fighting Akainu & Kizaru
Wow. I myself didn't even know how much connections Akainu and Blackbeard had. No doubt both are portrayed as opposing ideologies to Luffy that need to clash by EOS.

Dragon devoted his entire life into creating an organization that takes down the CD especially, it's foolish to assume that he'll never clash with Imu at some point.

Akainu is the current Fleet Admiral, the living example of the fanaticism and tyranny of the "Absolute Justice" ideology which is the complete antithesis of Luffy's ideals, one of the main antagonists of the manga and the one who killed Ace and gave Luffy his scars.

It's obvious that there will be a confrontation between them in the future and I would be strongly disappointed if it's Sabo who confronts Akainu instead of Luffy, not counting my strong dislike for Ace 2.00.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Not as things stand, no. It can happen, and they really should have at least some interaction even without if it isn’t a full fight a full fight, but when you’re talking about something that narratively has to happen then no, it doesn’t. Luffy can become the Pirate King without beating Akainu. He can win in the final war without beating Akainu. He can become the atrongest person in the series without beating Akainu (and that last one doesn’t even technically have to happen either).

Also, just as Zoro inheriting Oden’s will through his sword lets us know that he’ll at least have a role in beating Kaido, Sabo inheriting Ace’s will through his DF means we know he’ll at least have a role in beating Sakazuki.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Well that doesn't take away that BB was also responsible and he will tease about ace during his fight with luffy....
He was definitely less responsible lol. But sure, he was involved.

Imu sama is more grander to the over all story of one piece........luffy is the mc not dragon.....him defeating imu makes more sense.......
Now we are reaching the realm of whether or not Oda is even a good writer. A better writer than Oda would’ve had Law defeat Doflamingo, just like a better writer than Oda would have Dragon be the one to take down Imu and not Luffy. But we’ll see what happens.

Regardless, being grander to the story doesn’t mean Luffy will miss out on other fights that make more sense to face you. Hody was less grand than Kaido, but we still fought Hody because he was narratively designed to be taken down, by Luffy.

I don't really see akainu being more powerful than roger/Prime WB...........his feats equals him to Mf WB........
I do, or rather I can lol.

What’s interesting is every time I discuss with people why Luffy vs Akainu is destined to happen, people often fall back to this argument, that Luffy vs Akainu won’t make sense from a power level perspective, which is funny because people usually accuse me of being obsessed with power levels when I never bring this up in this discussion but anyway, three points on that:

1. I’ve said it a hundred times and I’ll say it again, Oda writes fights based on narrative and ideology, not power level. If Oda wants Akainu and Luffy to happen, he will write both characters at a power level that is necessary to tell the story the way he wants to. It’s one of Oda’s greatest strengths and weaknesses as a writer, logic be damned, he will do whatever he wants with power levels to tell his story. If that means revealing that Akainu is above primebeard, that’s what Oda is going to do lol. And we already know Oda loves Akainu so don’t say he wouldn’t lol.

But if Oda wants Akainu to get Bellamy’d, he’ll do that too.

2. We have not seen Akainu’s full power yet, objectively. If we believe Akainu has Awakening, then he has much more to show than he did at Marineford. Hell we know Akainu was pulling volcanos out of the earth at Punk Hazard, where was that at Marineford? Oda wrote Akainu at Marineford in such a way that it is still very reasonable to believe that we haven’t seen his maximum yet.

3. People really need to dip the perception that Oda has only ever had Luffy fight people who were stronger than him. I think only about 50-60% of major OP fights saw Luffy fight someone who was clearly stronger than him, and some of the best Luffy fights have been against opponents who really didn’t stand a chance at defeating Luffy.

Oda writes fights based on narrative and ideology, not power level. If Oda wants Akainu and Luffy to happen, he will write both characters at a power level that is necessary to tell the story the way he wants to. It’s one of Oda’s greatest strengths and weaknesses as a writer, logic be damned, he will do whatever he wants with power levels to tell his story.
Beautifully written and impeccably constructed paragraph. The story is plot driven indeed.

1. I’ve said it a hundred times and I’ll say it again, Oda writes fights based on narrative and ideology, not power level. If Oda wants Akainu and Luffy to happen, he will write both characters at a power level that is necessary to tell the story the way he wants to. It’s one of Oda’s greatest strengths and weaknesses as a writer, logic be damned, he will do whatever he wants with power levels to tell his story. If that means revealing that Akainu is above primebeard, that’s what Oda is going to do lol. And we already know Oda loves Akainu so don’t say he wouldn’t lol.
Akainu being set up as a Luffy EoS enemy is exactly part of the reason for why I think he is currently the strongest marine ever (and I put Garp as an equal of Roger and WB) and that the Aokiji fight made him hit his peak.

I could be wrong and Akainu could be weaker than I think but I think that those story elements and the overall portrayal are of fundamental importance of One Piece.

• Luffy overcame his trauma regarding Akainu, remembering that he has his other friends too, and we had Shanks saying that it's ok to cry, but one has to move forward
  • Then we have Blackbeard as the antithesis to Luffy, who represents chaos and destruction
Yeah right :seriously:

JIMBE TALKING ABOUT AKAINU AND LUFFY IS 100% CONCENTRATED

Jinbe talking about the cowardly fatbeard

It's just another day in the lolkoagenda comedy against Akainu
:zosleepy: