Elden Ring

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright guys here are my crackpot DLC story predictions:

-The Outer Gods are actually more akin to demons. To be chosen as a vessel for an Outer God (Marika, Mohg, Malenia, etc.) is actually more akin to Demonic Possession than it is to be chosen as a God’s vessel. The “Outer Gods” are not all-powerful and require living vessels in the world to spread their rule. This is why Miquella wants a world free of the Outer Gods, because in actuality these beings are parasitic and apathetic to the wellbeing of the peoples of the Lands Between.

-The Greater Will and all Outer Gods did not arrive in the Lands Between by coincidence, chance, or accident, they were summoned. The Divine Towers form a perfect circle around the Lands Between because they were designed to Summon Outer Gods and attach them to a vessel (an Emperean) who could channel their other worldly power. This is the Central reason why Marika hid the Shadow Realm, because there is something at the center of the Shadow Realm that allows the Divine Towers to be activated and summon extra dimensional demons and bind them to a host. The Greater Will doesn’t want any other Outer Gods in the Lands Between as competition, and so therefore it commanded Marika to conceal the land that bore the “catalyst” for the Divine Towers. It is this “catalyst” that Miquella is looking for, because he believes that this may be the key to truly expunging the Outer Gods from the world.

-Marika is not evil, she is actually a tragic figure. The old man we see in the DLC is her father, and it was he who was the mastermind behind using his own daughter as a vessel for an Outer God, which would later give rise to the Golden Order as we know it. Every perceived evil action of Marika’s was not hers, but were actions she was forced to undertake by her “Demon”, the Greater Will. This old man is essentially the Allfather Lloyd of Elden Ring, the quiet mastermind who is probably ultimately responsible for the rise of the Golden Order into the ruling power in the Lands Between.

-Marika rejecting Messmer to succeed her/become the new Elden Lord or whatever was not an act of spite or disapproval, but of love. Marika does not want any of her children to succeed her, not because she was jealously guarding her power, but because she doesn’t want her children to suffer the same terrible fate as she, IE essentially being the slave of an all-powerful extra dimensional demonic being. Messmer (and the rest of her children) of course misinterpret this as Marika guarding her own rule but in reality she always wanted to protect them from living the life she lives. Marika loves her children, bet.

What do you guys think?

@Uncle Van @Blackbeard @Jaguark101 @MonochromeYoru @Sentinel etc etc

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Alright guys here are my crackpot DLC story predictions:

-The Outer Gods are actually more akin to demons. To be chosen as a vessel for an Outer God (Marika, Mohg, Malenia, etc.) is actually more akin to Demonic Possession than it is to be chosen as a God’s vessel. The “Outer Gods” are not all-powerful and require living vessels in the world to spread their rule. This is why Miquella wants a world free of the Outer Gods, because in actuality these beings are parasitic and apathetic to the wellbeing of the peoples of the Lands Between.

-The Greater Will and all Outer Gods did not arrive in the Lands Between by coincidence, chance, or accident, they were summoned. The Divine Towers form a perfect circle around the Lands Between because they were designed to Summon Outer Gods and attach them to a vessel (an Emperean) who could channel their other worldly power. This is the Central reason why Marika hid the Shadow Realm, because there is something at the center of the Shadow Realm that allows the Divine Towers to be activated and summon extra dimensional demons and bind them to a host. The Greater Will doesn’t want any other Outer Gods in the Lands Between as competition, and so therefore it commanded Marika to conceal the land that bore the “catalyst” for the Divine Towers. It is this “catalyst” that Miquella is looking for, because he believes that this may be the key to truly expunging the Outer Gods from the world.

-Marika is not evil, she is actually a tragic figure. The old man we see in the DLC is her father, and it was he who was the mastermind behind using his own daughter as a vessel for an Outer God, which would later give rise to the Golden Order as we know it. Every perceived evil action of Marika’s was not hers, but were actions she was forced to undertake by her “Demon”, the Greater Will. This old man is essentially the Allfather Lloyd of Elden Ring, the quiet mastermind who is probably ultimately responsible for the rise of the Golden Order into the ruling power in the Lands Between.

-Marika rejecting Messmer to succeed her/become the new Elden Lord or whatever was not an act of spite or disapproval, but of love. Marika does not want any of her children to succeed her, not because she was jealously guarding her power, but because she doesn’t want her children to suffer the same terrible fate as she, IE essentially being the slave of an all-powerful extra dimensional demonic being. Messmer (and the rest of her children) of course misinterpret this as Marika guarding her own rule but in reality she always wanted to protect them from living the life she lives. Marika loves her children, bet.

What do you guys think?

@Uncle Van @Blackbeard @Jaguark101 @MonochromeYoru @Sentinel etc etc
Makes sense. I've always got the impression that everything was one giant suicide plan for Marika. The tarnished felt like a contingency plan to slay her.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s over.

Allow me to introduce my absolutely disgusting, finalized DLC build:

This build, somehow, someway, has eclipsed my Ganondorf Build in power. This build cleared Malenia on my second attempt with zero summons when my weapons weren’t even maxed yet and I was rocking weaker armor than what you see in the final build.

This shit is so fucking powerful, anyone who tells you the Axe of Godfrey is a weak weapon is fucking lying!!

I’m not even trying particularly hard to make this build broken, I’m not using any flask buffs and only one damage boosting talisman, and this build is utterly annihilating everything (save for Placidusax which is giving me trouble for the first time lol).

This build is tankier than an M1 Abrams and deals the stance and HP damage of a schizophrenic Grizzly Bear jacked up on enough cocaine to kill and elephant (see the Theodorix Footage)

If the DLC gives this build trouble…man. I don’t even know what to say lmfao.

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Lee Ba Shou @Jaguark101 @Blackbeard @Uncle Van

DLC story trailer:

Not too much new info, which I like because I was worried it would be very spoiler-y given how much we got in the gameplay trailer.

Some interesting observations:

1) According to Miyazaki, the Shadow Lands are where Marika first became a god and where the Erdtree was formed. And we see this in the trailer (side note - the Elden Beast music is playing in this part of the trailer, clearly intentional but not sure what to make of it):

We know from the base game that the Erdtree draws power from the "primordial Crucible" where "all life was once blended together."
Idk about you guys, but that location looks very much like a lot of life has been blended there.

The Crucible and the Erdtree itself being made out of corpses is metal as hell.

2) Another interesting detail is that Marika appears to be pulling the Elden Ring/Grace/A Great Rune out of someone's stomach/womb:

Which is interesting because womb/mother imagery is actually all over the images from the DLC

Speculation: If I had to guess, we are seeing Marika steal the Elden Ring from the previous god of the lands between (we know Placidusax was an Elden Lord in the age before the Erdtree - who was his corresponding goddes/chief diety?)

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@TheKnightOfTheSea @Lee Ba Shou @Jaguark101 @Blackbeard @Uncle Van

DLC story trailer:

Not too much new info, which I like because I was worried it would be very spoiler-y given how much we got in the gameplay trailer.

Some interesting observations:

1) According to Miyazaki, the Shadow Lands are where Marika first became a god and where the Erdtree was formed. And we see this in the trailer (side note - the Elden Beast music is playing in this part of the trailer, clearly intentional but not sure what to make of it):

We know from the base game that the Erdtree draws power from the "primordial Crucible" where "all life was once blended together."
Idk about you guys, but that location looks very much like a lot of life has been blended there.

The Crucible and the Erdtree itself being made out of corpses is metal as hell.

2) Another interesting detail is that Marika appears to be pulling the Elden Ring/Grace/A Great Rune out of someone's stomach/womb:

Which is interesting because womb/mother imagery is actually all over the images from the DLC

Speculation: If I had to guess, we are seeing Marika steal the Elden Ring from the previous god of the lands between (we know Placidusax was an Elden Lord in the age before the Erdtree - who was his corresponding goddes/chief diety?)
Don’t know what the fuck I just witnessed. I love it.

The lines about seduction and betrayal are interesting. They imply that Marika was indeed seduced by the power of the Elden Ring, though I’m not sure what the betrayal is.

Also Messmer’s purge seems less like a war and more like a genocide.

WTF, the DLC is adding 30 OSTs?????? @Lee Ba Shou @TheKnightOfTheSea @MonochromeYoru @Jaguark101

https://x.com/ELDENRING/status/1793356332730368059

For reference, the base game has 67 OSTs.

All of DS3 has 32.

OSTs are typically named after bosses and areas:

They're really about to pack 1/3-1/2 the main content of the base game in a Limgrave size surface area, I'm very curious to see what this looks like.
15 main bosses confirmed. All scale to or surpasses Malenia :finally:

The reason why base game has few OST is cause there's a fuck ton of reused bosses lol.

All dragons have the same ost,
avatars, tree spirits, Night cavs, ancient dragons, tree sentinels

etc etc.