Theory Every single argument why Imu is a child

1. Imu has tiny hands and he is small compared to a hat. Imu being a child would explain this.

2. Imu is small compared to the throne. The throne being made for giants doesn't make any sense:

a) because the World Government would never allow a giant to be their ruler due to racism.

b) It would still be too small for a giant.

Imu being a child would make perfect sense to explain why the throne is too big for him.

3. Imu easily gets angry, just like a child. Yes, there are adult characters that are also impulsive, but this type of behavior would fit a child.

4. Oda loves foreshadowing. What if Sugar is foreshadowing Imu? A forever young child with a crown on her head who rules unfortunate individuals...

5. Imu's speech pattern in Japanese sounds very childish. More informations here https://thelibraryofohara.com/2023/06/04/chapter-secrets-chapter-1085-in-depth-analysis/
Speaking in the third person in Japanese, with a name that kinda sounds like a nickname, coupled with the speech pattern, makes Imu sound rather… childish, almost coming off like a kid trying to sound edgy and cool, which is an odd contrast with Imu’s position. Even later in the chapter we see Imu losing their cool very easily in petty and childish ways.

6. Possible Akira reference
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/13hi2jz
7. Possible reference to Where Wild Things Are

8. This scene from Doflamingo when he was a child

Hmmm interesting, very interesting. Where the wild things are reference and Doffy parallel looks very plausible. Devil fruits being born out of imagination also fits somewhere in here, a child would have the most imagination. Is it coincidence that nika and Imu have these childlike demeanor and powers?
Good theory

I'm not convinced but I do like the theory and it would actually be a twist well executed by Oda for a change. Sadly, that's also partly why I'm not convinced.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
At this point, I wonder if there is anything original in One Piece or every single thing is a reused idea from someone else... :crazwhat:
please enlighten me. Let's take an example...Senor Pink and his backstory. Original or reference? I really need the reference if there is one.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
please enlighten me. Let's take an example...Senor Pink and his backstory. Original or reference? I really need the reference if there is one.
I didnt know about the reference about Imu and Elders being Where the wild things are either until today.
If you asked me yesterday, I would have said it is an original idea...

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I didnt know about the reference about Imu and Elders being Where the wild things are either until today.
If you asked me yesterday, I would have said it is an original idea...
Yeah lol. I see that.

I mean the story for sure has many many original sub stories and inspirations

1. Imu has tiny hands and he is small compared to a hat. Imu being a child would explain this.

2. Imu is small compared to the throne. The throne being made for giants doesn't make any sense:

a) because the World Government would never allow a giant to be their ruler due to racism.

Imu being a child would make perfect sense to explain why the throne is too big for him.

3. Imu easily gets angry, just like a child. Yes, there are adult characters that are also impulsive, but this type of behavior would fit a child.

4. Oda loves foreshadowing. What if Sugar is foreshadowing Imu? A forever young child with a crown on her head who rules unfortunate individuals...

5. Imu's speech pattern in Japanese sounds very childish. More informations here https://thelibraryofohara.com/2023/06/04/chapter-secrets-chapter-1085-in-depth-analysis/

No Younger then 19 years old please

I like the theory
A lot of people said he is a woman but sandman denied it cause the way they referred to him but the child option is more likely also in the same chapter of his "revelation"we got Sa D Bo or sad boy
And lastly It would be a good reference to majora's mask

Imu is a little rat.

This would mean Imu has a Napoleon complex.

What is another name for the Napoleon complex?

The term 'Napoleon complex' or 'Small Man Syndrome' is commonly used to describe a condition where a man feels inadequate because of his height - overcompensating with overbearing behaviour and aggression.

A person who lives forever and is physically small but wears a big crown? Big time Napoleon complex.
Post automatically merged:

Also... What makes more sense to be an opponent for Luffy? A child Imu or a middle aged Imu?

Luffy is going to crush Imu's dream (whatever it is). He's also probably going to beat the shit out of him.

Do we honestly think 🤔 Luffy is going to beat down a child for the final fight?

Last edited: