Manga Discussion Fairy Tail

Ayeee Brandish to the rescue!
Lucy and Brandish together will be nice to see.
I hope we will see more of Brandishs power in this battle.

First im happy that the dragons are not fodders and that Lucy alone can´t even beat Mercu vize.
Same.
This fight will be a good one I think.

I wonder who will help the others?

Ignia facing the black wizard is also good signs, I expect a lot of surprising events..
This fight will probably be interrupted

I need to criticise something because it bothers me a lot
I think Mashima's art style downgraded
It was fine for EZ but it looks awful when he draws Rave or FT characters
His art style was perfect during ending of Rave/beginning of FT
I think it reached his peak during the GMG

but I like the charm of his old FT art style more
I mean just look at this
Old
New

or this
old

new
they look so childish, thin and have round faces
The colouring is also eh alright

I know it’s a preference but I had to say this
Now I’m relieved

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
I need to criticise something because it bothers me a lot
I think Mashima's art style downgraded
It was fine for EZ but it looks awful when he draws Rave or FT characters
His art style was perfect during ending of Rave/beginning of FT
I think it reached his peak during the GMG

but I like the charm of his old FT art style more
I mean just look at this
Old
New

or this
old

new
they look so childish, thin and have round faces
The colouring is also eh alright

I know it’s a preference but I had to say this
Now I’m relieved
He draws digital now which makes the biggest difference.

"maybe splitting up was a mistake"
Good chapter. Still surprised they thought splitting up could be a good idea.
This idea was so stupid. I wish that the others lose their fights because of this stupid bs plan lol

I think Gildarts will show up in the upcoming chapters
Would be cool to see him again, but I think the others will help them later

Ignia is being quite proactive, I like this. Hopefully Mashima cooks!
I believe this fight will be shown offscreen or Mashima will use this fight to weaken both of them.

I wonder why are Lucy, Gray etc are not affected by the spell to turn into dragons?

@Cross_Marian I think that too, his art style is still good imo but his peak was during GMG and Tartaros arc imo. The Alvarez arc had good too. The new style is not bad but not for me.

But during the last part of EZ his art style changed again but this time it looks "worse". Like you said the faces of them are more round and they look more childish.

I thought it was only an EZ thing but after Mashima droped the new FT special chapter he showed us that this is his new art style.

The picture that you posted with FT Dungeons shows it too.

I hope he will not use it for his new manga, I don't like this new style.

But somehow he used it so far only for EZ and the new FT chapter and games, I don't think, he uses this art style currently in Dead Rock too? Maybe I am wrong with that.

Well like I said, we can only hope that he will not use this new style in his new manga(s). I think that will not be good.

@Jaguark101 I am not sure if the digital drawing makes the difference? The beginning of EZ and the Alvarez arc were digital drawings too if I remember correctly? And his art style was still like the one during GMG and Tartaros. I think even DR is more like his old style (GMG-Alvarez arc time) than the one from the FT Dungeon picture that Cross posted and that of the one shot special chapter Mashima draws a few weeks ago.

This new style with the more round faces and more childish style is his new one what he showed during the last part of EZ and now with the new one shot. But even during the last part of EZ his art style was still good, not so different like that one now with this one shot and his new art styles for the upcoming games. Here you really can see the difference, his art style really changed between the last EZ chapters and this new one shot and sadly in a bad way imo.

But I could be wrong, maybe he only began to draw his manga digital a while ago?

He draws digital now which makes the biggest difference.
This idea was so stupid. I wish that the others lose their fights because of this stupid bs plan lol

Would be cool to see him again, but I think the others will help them later

I believe this fight will be shown offscreen or Mashima will use this fight to weaken both of them.

I wonder why are Lucy, Gray etc are not affected by the spell to turn into dragons?

@Cross_Marian I think that too, his art style is still good imo but his peak was during GMG and Tartaros arc imo. The Alvarez arc had good too. The new style is not bad but not for me.

But during the last part of EZ his art style changed again but this time it looks "worse". Like you said the faces of them are more round and they look more childish.

I thought it was only an EZ thing but after Mashima droped the new FT special chapter he showed us that this is his new art style.

The picture that you posted with FT Dungeons shows it too.

I hope he will not use it for his new manga, I don't like this new style.

But somehow he used it so far only for EZ and the new FT chapter and games, I don't think, he uses this art style currently in Dead Rock too? Maybe I am wrong with that.

Well like I said, we can only hope that he will not use this new style in his new manga(s). I think that will not be good.

@Jaguark101 I am not sure if the digital drawing makes the difference? The beginning of EZ and the Alvarez arc were digital drawings too if I remember correctly? And his art style was still like the one during GMG and Tartaros. I think even DR is more like his old style (GMG-Alvarez arc time) than the one from the FT Dungeon picture that Cross posted and that of the one shot special chapter Mashima draws a few weeks ago.

This new style with the more round faces and more childish style is his new one what he showed during the last part of EZ and now with the new one shot. But even during the last part of EZ his art style was still good, not so different like that one now with this one shot and his new art styles for the upcoming games. Here you really can see the difference, his art style really changed between the last EZ chapters and this new one shot and sadly in a bad way imo.

But I could be wrong, maybe he only began to draw his manga digital a while ago?
Digital doesn’t make a difference per se
I switched to digital and my art style stayed the same
Digital can enhance the speed and the background art. You can easily correct your mistakes and draw more detailed
Maybe he used different tools and different techniques and that changed his art style

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
New fan of Fairy Tail here. I binged watched the whole anime series this summer for the first time. I agree with all the criticisms but instead of bothering me, I find it ridiculously charming and entertaining. I like the whole cast. I wish it contains more world building.
Same! The series has its faults but its quite entertaining and the cast is fun! Its a comfort watch for me because I know what I am going to get from it and am satisfied.