General Feedback & suggestions

Do you agree with promoting Off-site Mafia Games?

• Total voters

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I‘d appreciate having a reason to post less lol. People always expect one to be active and when I just wanna coast it‘s like “Where is Flower?“. I‘m better making shorter, longer posts as I used to back on OJ.

But I don‘t think you should set a post cap. That limits players too much. Rather make it an unspoken rule to consider quality more instead of quantity. Or like a guideline. People can choose to follow the guideline or not, but if it‘s there people are more inclined to follow it anyway.
Unspoken rules and WorstGen kek.

D

Dragomir

You can see it in its biggest effect in Kaguya-sama. Ekko in the 2 day phases he was alive had nearly double my post count when I lived until the end of the game and I was the second top-poster. @Ratchet

After Ekko died, the thread immediately had a calming effect and the pace became much slower.

D

Dragomir

I‘d appreciate having a reason to post less lol. People always expect one to be active and when I just wanna coast it‘s like “Where is Flower?“. I‘m better making shorter, longer posts as I used to back on OJ.

But I don‘t think you should set a post cap. That limits players too much. Rather make it an unspoken rule to consider quality more instead of quantity. Or like a guideline. People can choose to follow the guideline or not, but if it‘s there people are more inclined to follow it anyway.
You could always change your play style to that if you want to. Changing play styles is common in mafia. You have no obligation to anybody to continue playing the same way if that's not how you're comfortable playing. Nobody's gonna say "Damn, Flower didn't crack 200 posts this day phase? Gotta be scum." Everybody understands you post just as much as a wolf as you do as town, so it's NAI for you.

You could always change your play style to that if you want to. Changing play styles is common in mafia. You have no obligation to anybody to continue playing the same way if that's not how you're comfortable playing. Nobody's gonna say "Damn, Flower didn't crack 200 posts this day phase? Gotta be scum." Everybody understands you post just as much as a wolf as you do as town, so it's NAI for you.
Guess I can do that. It‘s tiring that people expect me to be very active.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Having played with one first hand in my Championships qualifier, I wouldn't mind hosts trying one out. Forces players to measure themselves to spread their posting out over the full day. The issue I guess would be keeping count of them, but the solution there is to put totals at the end of each day in the writeups, and then making sure no one goes over the threshhold.

Having played with one first hand in my Championships qualifier, I wouldn't mind hosts trying one out. Forces players to measure themselves to spread their posting out over the full day. The issue I guess would be keeping count of them, but the solution there is to put totals at the end of each day in the writeups, and then making sure no one goes over the threshhold.
I played Champs, too, and found them alright. The issue I see, though, is that it basically silences players after reaching the limit. And that it takes away the possibility to defend yourself.

I think it would work best as a guideline and if games just had certain roles or mechanics which limit posts or encouraged players to follow the guidelines (no more spammer abilities and such, or 50-100 posts PRs).

D

Dragomir

I played Champs, too, and found them alright. The issue I see, though, is that it basically silences players after reaching the limit. And that it takes away the possibility to defend yourself.

I think it would work best as a guideline and if games just had certain roles or mechanics which limit posts or encouraged players to follow the guidelines (no more spammer abilities and such, or 50-100 posts PRs).
My own experience with champs pertaining to the bolded is that literally no one is ever in danger of reaching the post cap at least not early in the day phase. Only super late where it's close to EoD anyway (the cap is lifted during the final hour of the day) and even then it's only at most 1 person. If you want to avoid not having to post for a while after reaching the limit, what you should do is be responsible with your posting and ensure that you don't reach the limit. It's not hard at all. In my champs game we had 72-hour day phases and in the entire game only one person cracked 150 posts in a single phase. Nobody else. That was with 72-hour days. Phase limits here are mostly 24 hours. I personally didn't even try to restrict myself from reaching the limit, I just straight up didn't reach it. Several of us were even meme posting and still were never in danger of reaching the cap. If you can't resist the urge to spam and be responsible with your posting then that's on you.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
just be more thoughtful with your posts and actually play mafia, that is the point of an upper post limit

see it more as a challenge, not as a restriction tbh

Emil

Certified Memelord
My own experience with champs pertaining to the bolded is that literally no one is ever in danger of reaching the post cap at least not early in the day phase. Only super late where it's close to EoD anyway (the cap is lifted during the final hour of the day) and even then it's only at most 1 person. If you want to avoid not having to post for a while after reaching the limit, what you should do is be responsible with your posting and ensure that you don't reach the limit. It's not hard at all. In my champs game we had 72-hour day phases and in the entire game only one person cracked 150 posts in a single phase. Nobody else. That was with 72-hour days. Phase limits here are mostly 24 hours. I personally didn't even try to restrict myself from reaching the limit, I just straight up didn't reach it. Several of us were even meme posting and still were never in danger of reaching the cap. If you can't resist the urge to spam and be responsible with your posting then that's on you.
48 hr phases with majority enabled seem to be where the money at rn

add 150 post restriction and its a wrap