General Chat

Some soreness and throbbing in my right Achilles tendon that lasted for two days.

Good thing I didn't pull it because the pain from doing that can be excruciating.
What do you eat when you do that ?

Personally my best run was like 50 min I think. And then I had pains in my knees for two weeks somehow... I could barely walk. Maybe I was a fucking idiot and didn't prepare before running or stretched badly. But this shit traumatized me to the point where I'm scared to run more than 30 minutes :pepecry:

No need to run for the entire stretch (whether it would be 30 minutes, or 50 minutes, etc). Walk first to warm up, and then when you feel like running, run at a slower pace for a minute or two at a time.

Repeat the above process but your body might reach a point where you're okay with speeding up a little bit.
  • First 5 to 10 minutes: walk at a brisk pace
  • After 10 minutes: jog for a minute or as long as you want to.
  • Walk for 5 minutes
  • Start running a bit faster for a minute, or longer if you want to.
  • Repeat.
No need to push yourself too hard during the running phases either since the duration of how long you can run without being winded > how fast you can run.

Oh, and don't eat at least two hours before the run. The body spends its energy digesting food the first couple of hours and that's going to affect your concentration levels during your workout.
Post automatically merged:

Oct 16, 2024
(Finally broke the 10 mile mark, but it took me 104 minutes to do it.)

Last edited: