Powers & Abilities General CoA Discussion - Basic & Advanced

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Which panel? The one where Ryun was stated by Hyou to be what Wano people called haki? Or the other one where Hyou specifically states that barrier haki is advanced? Or the other that says that the haki that penetrates is beyond advanced?

It’s not “denial mode” when all you’ve done is ignore the actual panels instead of making stuff up. You talk about “understanding Ryuu” when you’re steady making stuff up about it to fit a headcanon.
Dude read the panels and op again imo

I started with saying Ryu means haki and here you are questioning me? Lol read the op and I covered almost all panels shown in wano.

I went through all wano chapters for the sake of this so before you accuse me of headcannon, first re read wano, bring panels justifying your argument, instead of spreading being false, baseless propoganda.

Instead of taking one panel and drawing conclusions like you are doing, I co related each panel in sequential order few times, investing more than an hour or two on this and came up with conclusion. It has nothing to do with Zoro or Luffy.

If you have issue then bring valid argument instead of your biased headcannons for which I don't have time

He later goes on to say that it’s covering your blade or body in an invisible armor. It’s the same thing. Flow is just the transfer of CoA. In 947 he says that “the thing I can teach you is the ryou that you cover the outside of your body with,” and he’s talking about the same thing above. Luffy had already mastered that, but was using it wrong.

It is the same thing.
As @Reborn said just go through the OP again it’s extremely detailed and logical, it explains everything and makes sense.

I

Inspector_Mu

Dude read the panels and op again imo

I started with saying Ryu means haki and here you are questioning me? Lol read the op and I covered almost all panels shown in wano.

I went through all wano chapters for the sake of this so before you accuse me of headcannon, first re read wano, bring panels justifying your argument, instead of spreading being false, baseless propoganda.

Instead of taking one panel and drawing conclusions like you are doing, I co related each panel in sequential order few times, investing more than an hour or two on this and came up with conclusion. It has nothing to do with Zoro or Luffy.

If you have issue then bring valid argument instead of your biased headcannons for which I don't have time
Can you for once accept There is no such thing adCoA for swordman ?
Everyone can use adCoA which injures from inside out.

And black blade isnt adCoA

Last edited by a moderator:

Reborn

Can you for once accept There is no such thing adCoA for swordman ?
Everyone can use adCoA which insures from inside out.

And black blade isnt adCoA
Can you for once talk logical instead of headcannon?

Everyone can use advance CoA? Seriously? But then you went on to say blackblade who are only two and with two swordsmen at top in their time isn't advance CoA?

I can't even ask you to read op again because I know you biased mind set won't accept anything

Reborn

So in Alabasta, Zoro who didn't even knew basics of haki and never displayed it's usage until Mihawk taught him how to use it, skipped right through basic koka and started using advanced version of it..??? And why did Mihawk teach Zoro haki, when he already was able to use such an advanced form of CoA?
No! Zoro didnt know how to use it. He had it but he didn't realize it what exactly it is.

This is the same thing Hyo said to Luffy when he used highly advanced CoA instead of demonstrating advance CoA at all - "you have it Luffy taro but you just don't realize it".

No! Zoro didnt know how to use it. He had it but he didn't realize it what exactly it is.

This is the same thing Hyo said to Luffy when he used highly advanced CoA instead of demonstrating advance CoA at all - "you have it Luffy taro but you just don't realize it".
Zoro used what he learned during that fight to cut Mr.1, as he wasn't able to cut through metal before that fight, in short acc. to you it was haki that gave him the ability to cut Mr1's steel body. After that battle he started cutting metal like cheese and that was before TS, so you could say that without even realising what it is he was using CoA pre TS all the time, wasn't he??

Last edited:

Reborn

Zoro used what he learned during that fight to cut Mr.1, as he wasn't able to cut through metal before that fight, in short acc. to you it was haki that gave him the ability to cut Mr1's steel body. And after that battle he started cutting metal like cheese and that was before TS, so you could say that he was using haki pre TS all the time, wasn't he??
You aren't getting it. Every user has haki. People use it subconsciously but only few awakens it and very few master it.

Everything happened in pre ts would be linked to haki.

Zoro learnt cutting steel (Mr one body) because he got the hang of the breathe of the steel thus his 'ability to cut anything yet nothing' was only restricted to it.

It's only those who master, 'ability to cut anything yet nothing' can cut any object or cut no object based on one's own desire and Zoro didn't do pre ts.

I

Inspector_Mu

Stop mate.
You cant skip basic haki to using advanced form or even higher level Koka

Where was Zoro CoA vs Enel? Kizaru? AdCoA vs BIRDCAGE? Why does he look happy for coating his blade if he could use higher CoA like flow/Barrier?

Why doesn't anyone points Zoro haki yet we have people commenting on Luffy haki pre ts? Even when didn't use Haki...

Y'all tripping like Sanji fans did during WCI arc.

Reborn

Stop mate.
You cant skip basic haki to using advanced form or even higher level Koka

Where was Zoro CoA vs Enel? Kizaru? AdCoA vs BIRDCAGE? Why does he look happy for coating his blade if he could use higher CoA like flow/Barrier?

Why doesn't anyone points Zoro haki yet we have people commenting on Luffy haki pre ts? Even when didn't use Haki...

Y'all tripping like Sanji fans did during WCI arc.
I just said why Zoro was unable to use it and you quote me asking the same question lol

Why don't you try re reading one piece again? That's the only way I think you will learn lmao

You aren't getting it. Every user has haki. People use it subconsciously but only few awakens it and very few master it.

Everything happened in pre ts would be linked to haki.

Zoro learnt cutting steel (Mr one body) because he got the hang of the breathe of the steel thus his 'ability to cut anything yet nothing' was only restricted to it.

It's only those who master, 'ability to cut anything yet nothing' can cut any object or cut no object based on one's own desire and Zoro didn't do pre ts.
I understand that you're saying Zoro learned using 'Breath of all things/ability to cut anything yet nothing' aka advanced CoA but he used it pre TS subconsciously and didn't master it, therefore his ability (CoA) was only limited to cutting steel... That's what you're saying, isn't it??

Reborn

I understand that you're saying Zoro learned using 'Breath of all things/ability to cut anything yet nothing' aka advanced CoA but he used it pre TS subconsciously and didn't master it, therefore his ability (CoA) was only limited to cutting steel... That's what you're saying, isn't it??
Let me explain in other way

Luffy subconsciously broke collar by using highly advanced CoA (keep in mind that Ryo was not teaching him this-he was teaching him advanced CoA - Shockwave /deflection). He didn't realize what he did nor he learnt it nor he mastered it yet he some how used it under extreme circumstances.

Zoro did the same in alabasta. But he has no one to guide him like Hyo in Luffy case until ts

Let me explain in other way

Luffy subconsciously broke collar by using highly advanced CoA (keep in mind that Ryo was not teaching him this-he was teaching him advanced CoA - Shockwave /deflection). He didn't realize what he did nor he learnt it nor he mastered it yet he some how used it under extreme circumstances.

Zoro did the same in alabasta. But he has no one to guide him like Hyo in Luffy case until ts
I understand what you're saying, it's like Ussop's breakthrough in the usage of CoO during Dressrosa, yet there are no signs that he could use it again, and maybe he won't until taught how to master it properly. And like Coby's CoO during MF it was only after he was taught how to control it properly he can use it now successfully.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I understand what you're saying, it's like Ussop's breakthrough in the usage of CoO during Dressrosa, yet there are no signs that he could use it again, and maybe he won't until taught how to master it properly. And like Coby's CoO during MF it was only after he was taught how to control it properly he can use it now successfully.
Zoro was able to cut steel after Alabasta so what he learned there remained, at least part of it.
It was never advanced CoA for him, you only call it advanced because you learned it through Luffy's eyes who is barehanded combatant and has no medium to let his Haki flow into.
Zoro used flow before he learned Hardening and for Noodle's brain, there was no teacher to explain him what it is good for.
"You cant skip basic haki and use advanced..." Luffy just literally did, he still doesnt know how to use blasting and uses something more advanced. :myman:

Oda did not have the definite conception of CoA in Alabasta as he has today. CoA has always been inconsistent, no character in MF used kouka, so he didn't even have kouka defined in MF and people think he will have the definition of advanced CoA in alabasta? lol

It is very clear that there has nothing to do with haki, I doubt that Oda in the time of alabasta thought to introduce haki, there was only an up and a forced explanation for Zoro learn to cut steel.

The smoke that appears on Zoro's scan, is just an effect smoke to show that the enma was draining Zoro's CoA, there has nothing to do with flowing haki like Luffy was doing, see how the effects of the panels are different. Note that when Zoro uses kouka on his arm again, he doesn't have the fluidity of haki.

So, there's no proof yet that Zoro can use advCoA, and not even indications, it's all just assumptions based on a misinterpretation.